Windows 10: bad system config info

Discus and support bad system config info in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used avg tuneup to check the disk for errors on next boot and my computer turned off while it was checking for errors. After this happened I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ian4, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ian4 Win User

bad system config info

I used avg tuneup to check the disk for errors on next boot and my computer turned off while it was checking for errors.
    After this happened I can't get windows 10 to boot into login. I get a message saying it can't boot windows and I get a bad system config info error.

I am using a N5050 Inspiron Dell Laptop.
    I tried booting into command prompt and running the command chkdsk /f /r /x and when it finishes it says it didn't fix anything or fine any errors. Ubuntu says it has bad sectors when I tried to run a fix on the partition in gparted.

I tried burning easyre windows 10 recovery disc on usb and DVD-r without any luck on ubuntu. Yes I know how to setup my computer to boot from cd/dvd or usb. I only have access to windows command prompt and ubuntu system on external usb jump drive I have no access to windows computer.

:)

ian4, Oct 4, 2015

2. Bad system config info

This is a brand new laptop that I've only used a hand full of times. I keep getting a blue screen that says Bad System Config Info. And it says we will restart your computer. It tries to restart and then goes to the same blue screen. It just goes back
    and forth. I can't do anything.

JamieMcCarron, Oct 4, 2015
  3. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

bad system config info [​IMG]

that
    is the error. And the system never completes it scanning and repairing processing

Tomjerry404, Oct 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

bad system config info

Hi ian4,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Likely, some system files are damaged.
    We need to be careful with this as the system will, after too many attempts to boot, lock the drive to prevent damage.
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

axe0, Oct 4, 2015
  5. ian4 Win User
    I run the command sfc/scannow and says I need to reboot like you said.
    However my computer boots differently each time. First it boots up with normal windows booting screen then screen comes up and says windows encounter an error and needs to reboot bad system config info error. Then when I reboot it runs windows repair and diagnosing then after they are finished nothing is fixed and gives me options to fix the problem my self with command prompt and such. I tried resetting the windows without removing my personal files and it fails and says it has done nothing to the machine.
    Each time I reboot I get the repair and diagnosing screen then self repair options at the end and then when I boot again it says it encountered an error and needs to reboot it does this in this order each time I reboot. So when I boot after running the sfc/scannow command in the admin command prompt and reboot how do I get a command prompt if it says it encountered an error and needs to reboot??

ian4, Oct 4, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please try following
    Source: http://www.eightforums.com/installat...error-bcd.html
    Credits: @genet or genet

axe0, Oct 4, 2015
  7. ian4 Win User
    after I do what you say. I boot up after it completes and then I get this instead.

It says that it has been booted multiple times and says you need to use a recovery disc now or usb if you don't have one contact your device manufacture.
    gives this error code 0xc0000001

Then says press enter to retry then below that it says press f8 to select boot options.

ian4, Oct 5, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

bad system config info

I am wondering, do you know what AVG wanted to modify?

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  9. ian4 Win User
    I have no idea. I think it just did a normal chkdsk for errors and if found fix them. The chkdsk screen after reboot looked the same as before when I did it without using avg tuneup.

ian4, Oct 5, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Ok,

I don't know what has been damaged, but I think we need to try this step by step.
    First the boot files, in command prompt enter the following command
    Code: bootrec /rebuildbcd[/quote]

11. ian4 Win User
    What should I do now to get into a command prompt again when it boots?

12. ian4 Win User
    Do I press f8 and select one of the options?

13. axe0 New Member

bad system config info

You should be able to get the recovery options via the way you already did.
    The recovery is on another partition then the boot and windows files.

14. ian4 Win User
    No I am not able to get to it as before. After I did the command you said to do it either changed it or that thing you talked about where it locks you out because the screens now are different. Says it has been booted too much and hasn't been able to fix and says you need to use a recovery disc. I try pressing enter for it to go thru the boot process then just ends at an error bad system config info. I then rebooted and tried what it says below "press enter to try and boot" says press f8 for additional options. I press f8 then select f6 to boot into safe mode with command prompt it doesn't get there and instead I am presented with the bad system config info error again. I do not have a recovery disc for windows. I do have linux recovery discs tho. I need to back up my data soon because I have bad sectors according to gparted in linux. I think I might just backup my files and then move to GNU/Linux because I am unable to boot my windows installation disc but ubuntu installation dvd works. I got the windows installation disc from microsoft and the burner software said it burnt it successfully. I don't know. Well I found replacements for the apps I use in windows on linux that and the fact that all my drives in ntfs can be safely accessed and written to now in linux so another reason to move on. But I will try and fix my windows computer because others will benefit from this forum from a solved solution. What should I do now?

15. axe0 New Member
    In ubuntu, download MemTest86+

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Thema:

bad system config info

1. bad system config info - Similar Threads - bad system config

2. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad system config info: Hello! I have problem with my pc with hardware reserved ram and the blue screen "bad system config info". I have total 8gb ram and only 6 is usable.Then i saw videos and information to fix reserved ram in boot options in windows.After this change my ram still reserving 2 gb...
  3. bad system config info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad system config info: Why windows replace my local username with email, as result after last turn on I can't see anything on the desktop. After I made a hard turn off and on as now I got blue screen with bad system config info? How I can restore my windows if I can't see local username with...
  4. Bad System Config-Info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad System Config-Info: My Laptop gave me the "Bad System Config Info" on the blue screen and after that the screen says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but never changes or shows any kind of loading after I let it sit over night. I have tried to launch into WinRE but it won't work no matter the method...
  5. Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad System Config Info: Hello people of the Internet I am in desperate need of your help :( Last night my brother (diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder) was using our computer. I let him use it because he was just using google to search for school activities. And then I opened it and the...
  6. Bad System Config Info

Bad System Config Info: It all started when I was playing Roblox and I closed it, after having some problems, I restarted it. Then it Blue Screened and gave me a Bad System Config Info error. Then, it went to "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." I waited about 9 hours....
  7. Bad system config info

Bad system config info: Bad system config info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/a004c111-41f4-410c-8858-294bdfcece64
  8. bad system config info

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad system config info: computer not booting in windows. get the message above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/0323eef5-9bcd-4ad7-9c64-12e201e88a24
  9. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I’ve tried virtually everything I can find online and I’ve had enough of it. My computer has been in a “auto repair” “repair didn’t work” loop for like two weeks and I’m going insane, is there any way I can just use my computer and fix this? It doesn’t let me reset it and...
  10. "bad system config. info"

"bad system config. info": when i reboot my machine i get bad system config. info but after it goes the distance to 100% it reboots fine i am whitts end trying to figure this problem out, any help would be appreciated...