Windows 10: Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle?

Discus and support Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having recurring problems with system just suddenly rebooting itself. Using info from many threads here I have been able to look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by way2ob2se, Mar 12, 2018.

1. way2ob2se Win User

Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle?

I have been having recurring problems with system just suddenly rebooting itself. Using info from many threads here I have been able to look at the Reliability Monitor and pinpoint the date when all the problems started. Viewing tech details showed a LOT of "MS Edge stopped working" and "Windows was not properly shut down" messages. I was able to check the dates of Windows updates and found that an update called Security Update for Adobe Flash Player.... was done at nearly the same time . Thanks to all the wonderful help on this site I was able to get this far on my own. Now to my question/issues:
    1) I have never tried to un-install an update and don't know how it will affect everything else;
    2) With auto-update on, will it just re-install itself again the next time it updates;
    3) Should I be changing something on Adobe to fix it, rather than uninstalling update; and
    4) Should I quit using Edge?

Not sure of best way to proceed and would appreciate advice.

:)

way2ob2se, Mar 12, 2018

2. Lumia 920 - 2 issues..

Try turning off 3g. Limit your connection to 2g. It seems to cause sporadic reboots with some network operators

alexs2013---01, Mar 12, 2018
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Mar 12, 2018
  4. Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle?

Hi,
    Yes you should try another browser like Firefox would be a good start *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 12, 2018
Thema:

Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle?

1. Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle? - Similar Threads - Bad update seems

2. Sporadicly BSOD - unknown cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sporadicly BSOD - unknown cause: Hi there,a few months ago I started having random BSOD´s. I had no luck getting rid of them and it was anyway time to Upgrade my PC.I upgraded to anAMD Ryzen 7600XEXPO DDR5 6000 RAMAsrock B650 MainboardWD Black SN850 carried over from old systemI had not done a fresh windows...
  3. Sporadicly BSOD - unknown cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sporadicly BSOD - unknown cause: Hi there,a few months ago I started having random BSOD´s. I had no luck getting rid of them and it was anyway time to Upgrade my PC.I upgraded to anAMD Ryzen 7600XEXPO DDR5 6000 RAMAsrock B650 MainboardWD Black SN850 carried over from old systemI had not done a fresh windows...
  4. Sporadic BSOD, always caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sporadic BSOD, always caused by ntoskrnl.exe: For quite some time now, I have been getting sporadic BSODs; there is no discernable pattern to when they happen and can be several different errors unexpected Store exception, Critical process died, status system process terminatedInterestingly, I noticed that the last...
  5. Sporadic BSOD, always caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sporadic BSOD, always caused by ntoskrnl.exe: For quite some time now, I have been getting sporadic BSODs; there is no discernable pattern to when they happen and can be several different errors unexpected Store exception, Critical process died, status system process terminatedInterestingly, I noticed that the last...
  6. Sporadic BSOD, always caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 10 reboot it self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 reboot it self: Hi, some time ago I install windows 10 in my computer, but sudently start to reboot it self every 5 minutes, so I decide to come back to windows 7. I staied that for months and nothing happends, now I traied again, but the same thing happend, it´s rebooting all the time,...
  8. pc reboots by it self windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    pc reboots by it self windows 10: i have this issue for a very long time now i never had it before but all the sudden it just happend i have been to a computer store to get it fixed but i still had the problem it doesnt matter if i play games on ultra or low it just reboots by it self i installed windows...
  9. BSOD sporadic unknown cause

BSOD sporadic unknown cause: Hey All, Hope im following the rules etc, only thing im worried about is when i ran your tool im not sure if it picked up any DMP files as they seem to go away pretty quickly. Anyway here is your Zip attached : DESKTOP-GIACRJ8-(2019-05-28_16-25-15).zip I have been going...
  10. Sporadic BSOD No Obvious Cause Or Pattern

Sporadic BSOD No Obvious Cause Or Pattern: Hi, On and off for the last year or so I've been having random BSOD or freezes on my desktop PC. It seems to happen sporadically where I'll have several crashes in a day or week and then I won't see it again for a few months. I have no idea what might be causing it and I...