Windows 10: Bad upgrade due to Bit9

Discus and support Bad upgrade due to Bit9 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded from windows 8.1 my Yoga Pro 3 Laptop, but I previously had installed Bit9 security software. During the process, a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ivanjose, Sep 3, 2015.

1. ivanjose Win User

Bad upgrade due to Bit9

Hello,

I upgraded from windows 8.1 my Yoga Pro 3 Laptop, but I previously had installed Bit9 security software.
    During the process, a lot of important DLLs were left out and I now have trouble executing Windows Installer, not being able to install any new software.

It also affected my Office365 installation, but since I can't execute WI, I can't fix it.

I've tried to find a WI to download, but haven't found anything yet.

What else do you all think I can do?

:)

ivanjose, Sep 3, 2015

2. Bluescreen due to bug check, may be due to bad driver?

Update the Intel HD Graphics Driver to version 20.19.15.4531:

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04072733M/1/7559_Video_Driver_DRG2T_WN32_20.19.15.4531_A06.EXE

This file will automatically self-install after downloading. Restart required.

Update the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M to version 378.78:

Download NVIDIA, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla Drivers

Update the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller to version 10.012:

Realtek

Update the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 driver to version 19.40.0:

Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide an updated copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 3, 2015
  3. xanek Win User
    Bluescreen due to bug check, may be due to bad driver?

laptop problems

Try this one. Please respond ASAP!

xanek, Sep 3, 2015
  4. pvanzandt Win User

Bad upgrade due to Bit9

Hi ivanjose,

I work in Professional Services at Bit9 + Carbon Black (the vendor that makes the Bit9 Agent) and noticed your post. A couple of things to be aware of:

(1) The Bit9 Security Platform Agent product does NOT support in-place major OS upgrades, for example upgrading from Windows 8.x --> Windows 10. You need to work with your IT Department to remove the Bit9 Agent before upgrading, and then re-install it after you are up and running on Windows 10.

(2) As of today 9/4/2015 none of our shipping (GA) releases support Windows 10. Support is coming in a future release, but it is not there today. When it does become available your Bit9 Adminitrator will need to update your Bit9 Server and provide you with the updated Agent version which supports Windows 10.

I recommend engaging your IT Department to assist with rolling back to Windows 8.1, and then coordinating with them on upgrading to Windows 10 down the road.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,
    Patrick

pvanzandt, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Bad upgrade due to Bit9

1. Bad upgrade due to Bit9 - Similar Threads - Bad upgrade due

2. Bad upgrade on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad upgrade on HP Laptop: Windows updated my hp laptop from 10 to 11. My laptop now has blue screen error 0xc0000185 and will not boot no matter what I try. I do not have a recovery disc my bad. How can I get my PC to boot again?...
  3. Bad upgrade on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad upgrade on HP Laptop: Windows updated my hp laptop from 10 to 11. My laptop now has blue screen error 0xc0000185 and will not boot no matter what I try. I do not have a recovery disc my bad. How can I get my PC to boot again?...
  4. Files lost due to bad reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files lost due to bad reset windows 10: Hi, I did a windows reset. In the middle of the reset we had a power failure. When i switched on the pc i installed windows manually from USB. However all the files from before the reset became stored as a TMP file 800GB. I there any way to restore or recover these files...
  5. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 1909 due to bad I2C HID driver 0xC1900101 0x30018

Can't upgrade to Windows 10 1909 due to bad I2C HID driver 0xC1900101 0x30018: When I try to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1809 to Windows 10 Pro 1909, the upgrade blue-screens about halfway through installation and is rolled back. The error codes indicate that the upgrade is failing due to a driver error: 0xC1900101 0x30018 I've run SetupDiag...
  6. Windows 10 PC bricked due to bad updates

Windows 10 PC bricked due to bad updates: Hello, I have been trying to restore my PC for about three weeks now. As best I can tell an upgrade was completed. 2 upgrades have been deemed as bad upgrades. After a lot of effort I was able to access the update history and remove those updates. At this point the...
  7. Can't upgrade to W10 1909 due to bad Realtek driver. 0xC1900101 0x30018

Can't upgrade to W10 1909 due to bad Realtek driver. 0xC1900101 0x30018: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 laptop from version 1809 to version 1909. Each time I try to install the upgrade, the laptop bluescreens halfway through the installation and Windows backs out of the upgrade. I checked the upgrade logs and found that the upgrade is...
  8. Bitlocker stuck due to bad sector

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker stuck due to bad sector: Bitlocker stuck at 70% due to bad sector. I am unable to backup any files from the drive as it is also stuck at 100% usage. The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block. submitted by /u/waloshin [link] [comments]...
  9. black screen due to bad drivers from win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen due to bad drivers from win10: so after an update on windows 10 i have once more problems with the gpu drivers that windows 10 install automatically. And i said once more because that happened before with the creators update i think but i fixed it pretty easily (after a lot of searching) with an app from...
  10. System Errors Due to Bad Blocks on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Errors Due to Bad Blocks on Hard Drive: To begin, my laptop was working fine until inexplicably while watching an online video my computer started freezing up on me, with every task, click, and action taking painfully long to complete. I quickly restarted my laptop, and the first thing I noticed that the boot time...