Windows 10: Bad WiFi signal, any physical mod I can do?

Discus and support Bad WiFi signal, any physical mod I can do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop's WiFi is very weak, and sometimes it just loses it. No more warranty. I believe it's hardware related and not driver or software. If I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mibaup, Jan 31, 2016.

1. mibaup Win User

Bad WiFi signal, any physical mod I can do?

My laptop's WiFi is very weak, and sometimes it just loses it.
    No more warranty. I believe it's hardware related and not driver or software.
    If I can reach the network card, is it possible to maybe mod it, add some antenna to it, a wire, or anything you can think of to increase the signal?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Jan 31, 2016

2. N97 Mini - setting up email for home WiFi only

The N97 Mini has WiFi function,

first, you must trust to has wifi service in your office or home, it can connect by you pc which has wifi function .

then, you setting your nokia n97 phone, the menu name was setting, input the username and password.

then setting the email, you best choose install yourselft email software, don't use nokia email app. , it is bad for me.

============================================================

* TEL: Removed = MOD

* EMAIL: Removed = MOD

* FaceBook : Removed = MOD

* Twitter : Removed = MOD

=============================================================

Message Edited by alphaman on 16-Dec-2009 03:20 AM

nowsupplier---01, Jan 31, 2016
  3. wifi error 0x80007001f surface win10

Surface has stopped connecting to wifi. All OK on iphone win10 laptop etc

Does not see any wifi NETWORKS

Windows Diagnostic Diagnostics says

Initialise status : Fail 0x80007001f

Cannot find any physical switched to switch off network adaptor, only way seems to be the (((symbol on status bar, but on or off does not find any signals

i.am.johnm, Jan 31, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

There are more reasons for poor wifi reception than just a poor or defective antennae in the laptop (a rare problem BTW).

The system starts with your router, or modem/router, or whatever you are using to broadcast the wireless signal to all your devices. This is where you should start when diagnosing this problem.

You could be in your own home and using your own router, or in a college dorm and using your building's router, or in a coffee shop using theirs. But in any case it comes down to the type and age of the modem, it's wireless protocol, and your distance from the router (A wireless g signal does not travel as far as a wireless n signal).

Next comes interference - electromagnetic signals and reflective materials that interfere with the wireless signal. Steel framed walls and wireless phone systems are notorious problem makers.

And then there is bandwidth traffic. If you live in an apartment complex with many individual routers in the vicinity, and many are using the same wireless channel you are, then you will get poor performance.
    There are programs you can install that will sniff out the wireless traffic in your area and help you to decide which channel is best to be on for less interference.

Bottom line: we need a lot more information in order to help you with your particular problem. The more information you give up, the better help you will get.

5. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jan 31, 2016
  6. mibaup Win User
    I am almost sure it's the antenna or a hardware problem since there are more WIfi receving devices ( more laptops, tablets etc), and only in this laptop, it sometimes has a really weak WiFi signal, to the point all the networks suddenly disappearing and I am not able to find any network for quite some time. (Even when I turn all other devices WiFi off)

Thanks , I think that this is what I'm probably going to use if I won't be able to do any internal surgeon to the laptop

mibaup, Jan 31, 2016
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Have you tried opening up the laptop and visually inspecting the wifi card?
    You can see if it has crud all over it (blow it out), or if one or both of the connecting wires is loose or corroded.

_

Bad WiFi signal, any physical mod I can do? [​IMG]

Bad WiFi signal, any physical mod I can do? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Bad WiFi signal, any physical mod I can do? - Similar Threads - Bad WiFi signal

2. WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?: WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-signals-very-weakhow-can-we-boost-those-weak/843f6885-ca54-4fcc-b3c6-067b312846c6
  3. WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?: WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-signals-very-weakhow-can-we-boost-those-weak/843f6885-ca54-4fcc-b3c6-067b312846c6
  4. WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi signal Inconsistent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi signal Inconsistent: So I have an MSI laptop that has been doing great up until the last month. Suddenly it's overheating like crazy so I'm working on fixing that. But the other day the wifi started being an issue. At first I thought it was the router but all of the other devices are working....
  6. Wifi 5ghz signal

Wifi 5ghz signal: Hi, I have a laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter recently, Couple months ago my laptop was fine running 3 bars averaging 45-50mbps all of a sudden my WIFI disconnected. It came back on with no problems however I now run at 1 bar 5-10mbps while my...
  7. WIFI signal

WIFI signal: Would the newest Windows 10 update cause my older Toshiba Satelite laptop to not be able to recognize my WIFI signal? Since about mid-May, my Xfinity WIFI signal is not displayed in the Network Internet access popup box. I can see many of my neighbors' signals at a much...
  8. My laptop cannot find any wifi signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop cannot find any wifi signal.: I bought this laptop six months ago and it has been working perfectly until now. I used it this afternoon and it worked smoothly without any issue but by night when I used it I was unable to join any wifi net. Usually the laptop would be able to find at least ten of them but...
  9. WiFi signal

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi signal: Hello I installed Windows 10 recently, I saw the signal is not normal as usual The router is very close to the laptop and the signal is very weak. Notic:-(changed my hard drive to ssd)...
  10. Can i change the microsoft "record that" to ANY button i want via mod?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i change the microsoft "record that" to ANY button i want via mod?: i have been fumbeling around with the microsoft game bar "record that" feature for a bout 3 months now and i hate how limited the button options are, one being that it even in the custom button options revolve around the windows key and i dont want to use the windows key or 3...