Windows 10: BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update

Discus and support BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Creator's Update on my Asus G551JX and installed/updated all the drivers. However, I've been nagged by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thelazycoder, Jul 5, 2017.

1. BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Creator's Update on my Asus G551JX and installed/updated all the drivers. However, I've been nagged by the random BSODs that's been happening ever since. I say random because I can't seem to point it to a particular application and it happens when I'm browsing with Chrome or watching a video or probably even checking out stuff on Steam. My BSOD analysis skills are below par and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what's causing it. I have attached the minidump file of my recent BSOD here.

For the record, I used to get different kind of BSODs after the install but I thought maybe my drivers are out-of-date and couldn't find new ones on the support page (thanks Asus) so I used Driver Booster to see if it can update and fix these issues. I also use NetLimiter, ESET Smart Security and MalwareBytes Free if that info helps.

:)

thelazycoder, Jul 5, 2017
  2. NickPrime Win User

bad_pool_caller

bad_pool_caller for windows 10 - this happens every day and at least twice a day. I thought 10 was going to be better

NickPrime, Jul 5, 2017
  3. [URGENT!!] Very Many Blue Screen Errors

Hello community:

I just recently updated to Windows 10 Pro on my Asus 52f.

However, there have been many blue screen errors.

In around an hour, I could not accomplish anything on my computer due to the many times it had to restart.

There were (in order):

Bad_pool_caller

IRQ_Not_less_or_Equal (something like that; this is from my memory)

Bad_pool_caller (again)

Bad_pool_header

Please help me fix these error. I really need to use my computer.

Thanks!

Jefferson Yu

Jefferson Yu 游富堯, Jul 5, 2017
  4. BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update

BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update [​IMG]
    Attention:

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

BSODHunter, Jul 5, 2017
  5. BSODHunter, Jul 5, 2017
  6. Hi, thanks for the feedback and sorry for not checking the rules first. I attached a zip file generated by the program I downloaded from the rules post. Regarding rtwlane.sys, um, I have Qualcomm wireless adapter and I don't see any Realtek drivers mentioned in the support page as well.

thelazycoder, Jul 5, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    iaStorA.sys

iaStorA.sys Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver Drivers & Software XP
    Code: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: E:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume10.[/quote]
    Code: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: E:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume9.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: {Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.[/quote] Code: {Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \:$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.[/quote] Code: Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Exception Processing Message 0xc0000222 Parameters 0x7ff8c2c71728 0x7ff8c2c71728 0x7ff8c2c71728 0x7ff8c2c71728[/quote] Code: The luafv service failed to start due to the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading[/quote] Code: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4015583).[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR5 during a paging operation.[/quote]
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code

6) turn off Windows fast startup:

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

7) open control panel > uninstall Intel rapid storage technology
    reinstall: use the Asus web site by entering your computer's serial or product number and operating system.

8) run one of the SMART tests on your drives:
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune: HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.

9) Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    How to use SeaTools for Windows

10) run chkdsk /x /r (this may take many hours so plan to run overnight)
    When the repair has been completed please post the results into the thread:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
  8. BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update

Will do it ASAP and post the results. Thanks for helping out.

thelazycoder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update

1. BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 Creator's Update - Similar Threads - BAD_POOL_CALLER Creator's Update

2. BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hello, I've been experiencing some troubles using my computer. The main problem is: it's crashing every single hour of use with the BSOD (Bug Check String: BAD_POOL_CALLER). I've used BlueScreenView to check more details about the crash. Also, I've followed some procedures,...
  3. stopcode bad_pool_caller windows 10

stopcode bad_pool_caller windows 10: stopcode bad_pool_caller windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-badpoolcaller-windows-10/f97b18dc-9e04-4ce5-b636-db3ed246311f
  4. BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller

BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller: Hello Community :) I am new here, so I don't know if I am exactly right here. Since a couple of weeks I am having issues with getting a bluescreen that says: "BAD_POOL_CALLER" around every 2 days. I have the minidump file + the systeminfo file. Where do I upload it so you...
  5. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  6. Bsod bad_pool_caller

Bsod bad_pool_caller: About every two weeks, I get a BSOD with error BAD_POOL_CALLER when browsing the internet with Firefox. Attached is the DM Log. Attachment 73788Attachment 73788 Thanks for your assistance. Joe LaPointe 46638
  7. Bad_Pool_Caller

Bad_Pool_Caller: I have read quite a few "Bad_Pool_Caller" posts and none that I've read have been any help. It really is getting frustrating; as many as three times in a day. I've tried safe mode, but couldn't figure anything from that. In fact as I write here I'm expecting a crash. Jeez...
  8. Bad_pool_caller

Bad_pool_caller: Hello people of tenforums *Smile A couple of years ago i posted in the windows 8 equivalent of your forums, and had an issue with a BSOD resolved. A new issue has arisen, and hopefully you can help me solve it again. I've attached the report as requested in the guidelines...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello,I am willing to try another more time (this will be the last try) to update my system.As you already know, my system is Windows 10, originally installed the Hebrew version and tailored on it the English language.Also installed Office 2007 and other programs...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...