Windows 10: BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Discus and support BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've finally given up and looking to windows 10 experts to help :( I randomly receive BSOD caused by tcpip.sys (so it says). For instance, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Groggubus, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Groggubus Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi,

I've finally given up and looking to windows 10 experts to help BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached :(

I randomly receive BSOD caused by tcpip.sys (so it says). For instance, i received one 10 minutes ago after waking up in the morning (5.30am AEST), turning my monitor on, pressing 'enter' to log on, and as soon as windows started loading after typing my pin code, it BSOD'd me.

I've used Bluescreen view that says its tcpip.sys related, but i have updated to the latest drivers on my ethernet ports. (my asrock z87 extreme 6 motherboard has 2 ethernet ports). The error can and does occur whichever ethernet port is being used, but just in case i keep one disabled.

Thanks, hope someone can help!!

:)

Groggubus, Jun 20, 2016
  2. Ashanrx Win User

BSOD after a cold boot - creators update - new rig

Well.. So far I've got several BSOD error messages. Latest one being SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

The previous error messages are PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and BAD_POOL_HEADER.

I've put all the dump files in onedrive. Can you please take look at them?

Dump files: dmp

Thanks.

Ashanrx, Jun 20, 2016
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD [Dump file attached] on Windows 10.

All of my drivers are up to date, I have also tried:

Memtest

Sfc /scannow

Stress testing GPU/CPU/Memory

Can you come to a more specific conclusion with the crash dump details?

Starshield, Jun 20, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    • Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    • Go to the firewall settings,
    • Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    • Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

5. Groggubus Win User
    hi axe0,

thanks for replying so promptly!

I'll try those steps right now, and keep the situation updated

Thanks again! *Smile

Groggubus, Jun 20, 2016
  6. Groggubus Win User
    Thanks Axe0, your suggestions seem to have fixed the issues.

Groggubus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached - Similar Threads - BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD Dump

2. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached: I have an acquaintance that was having issues with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATON for a while, and is continuing to have BSOD's. I'm not as handy with WinDbg as I'd like, but when I use it to view the dumps, I see 3 different errors. I wonder if to a trained eye, there may be a common...
  3. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached: I have an acquaintance that was having issues with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATON for a while, and is continuing to have BSOD's. I'm not as handy with WinDbg as I'd like, but when I use it to view the dumps, I see 3 different errors. I wonder if to a trained eye, there may be a common...
  4. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. please Help with a recurrent bsod dump file attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please Help with a recurrent bsod dump file attached: HI there I can t figure out what could cause continues BSOD on my new PC looks like is a Hardware failureif anybody could help out would be amazingHere is the dump filehttps://mega.nz/folder/qgMmgBRQ#xsFxf2s6iI-W1ppOF3YtJgSource Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎5/‎8/‎2023...
  6. BSOD from time to time Dump file Attached

BSOD from time to time Dump file Attached: my pc goes BSOD from time to time specially when watching video or something that involves using data continuously(Buffering). Dump file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/w41l1dbztow3yt5/112818-7406-01.dmp?dl=0...
  7. BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, Recently I've been getting fairly frequent BSOD (BAD_POOL_HEADER) on my PC. It was around the same time as I moved the PC from one room to another. Perhaps this is merely co-incidental, I don't know, perhaps a driver or something else causes the issues. After the BSODs...
  8. BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header

BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header: I've only just upgraded to Windows 10 and have gotten the BSOD several times during the upgrade. The upgrade did complete, but now the BSOD is random although opening Edge does seem to set it off. Any help would be most appreciated. 31335
  9. Bsod bad_pool_header

Bsod bad_pool_header: My computer bsod randomly when i'm browsing the internet (once every 6 days or so). I'm thinking it's a driver issue but am unsure which drivers to reinstall. This computer is around 3 months old which i built. 71048
  10. BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER

BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER: I had solved my last Blue Screens replacing my RAMS, but now i've got a BSOD.*Mad I was downloading BLACK OPS 3 on Steam and Browsing Internet (Chrome), while editing a file with WordPad. Logs attached. 37087