Windows 10: Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

Discus and support Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lora Meredith, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut is sometimes replaced with other badges, such as a grey X, a graphic of two people like that seen on shared folders, or even no badge at all. I'd include a screenshot to prove I'm not crazy, but the image uploader seems to be broken. The grey X would normally make me think the folder was unavailable, but that is not the

:)

Lora Meredith, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Wisewiz Win User

How to change icons of network share folders?

Okay, I may be under-complicating this, but I use shortcuts to my network shares very effectively, to give each shared folder its own distinctive icon. That's what larc919 suggested in #3 above. I have a folder of Network shortcuts in my Start menu apps list, and each shortcut bears its own badge. Am I missing something about your request?
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously 345568d1631103111t-how-change-icons-network-share-folders-netsharefolder.jpg
    Original, left; mine, right.

Wisewiz, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Feb 23, 2024
  4. silkstone Win User

Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

1. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously - Similar Threads - Badges folder shortcuts

2. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  3. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  4. Mysterious Folder

Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  5. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  6. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Shortcut Behavior: I use the free version of EssentialPIM, which has a series of assigned keyboard shortcuts, of which I use only Ctrl+Shft+S and Ctrl-Shft-T. A while ago, needing to see the calendar, I used Ctrl-Shft-S, which as has been true for quite some time, brought up the calendar. When...
  8. MP4 Files Mysteriously Disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MP4 Files Mysteriously Disappearing: Hi, I've got a weird one.. MP4 files saved in my Videos folder keep mysteriously disappearing. I'm editing them in Premiere Pro, then something happens and it tells me the files can't be found. I look in the videos folder, deleted items ..nothing, they're gone. I've run a...
  9. One file mysteriously disappeared

One file mysteriously disappeared: I had a file of beautiful paintings I've downloaded from various sites. Two nights ago, I logged on and saw that it was gone - it was pinned to Quick Access and it's very strange. Does anyone have any suggestions, thoughts or ideas - though I looked in File Explorer and...
  10. Picture folders mysteriously disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture folders mysteriously disappearing: I'm having a problem with folders in my picture files. I have one called "Art" which disappeared and I couuldn't find it anywhere. I tried file explorer to no avail. I replaced the Arts folder with an identical folder from my desktop and then suddenly a folder call "Home and...