Windows 10: Balloon tips get in the way.

Discus and support Balloon tips get in the way. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable balloon tips or make them less obtrusive. Since I'm not sure I'm using the right term, this is what the items I'm talking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregyurkon, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Balloon tips get in the way.

Is there a way to disable balloon tips or make them less obtrusive.
    Since I'm not sure I'm using the right term, this is what the items I'm talking about look like:

Balloon tips get in the way. [​IMG]

:)

gregyurkon, Apr 21, 2017
  2. rzag---01 Win User

Auto-Update function of PC Suite

How can i disable the automatic-update-function from the nokia pc suite (version 6.85.14.1)

I'm an administrator and every user gets a message if a new version is available, so the user can install the sw; it's important to test the pc suite before the user can install the sw, so i will disable the balloon-tip!

any idea?

rzag---01, Apr 21, 2017
  3. ZenMasta Win User
    Failed wifi sync corrupts playlist

I have a Samsung Focus. When my phone tries to sync wirelessly it does not work (something about windows phone driver, I get a balloon tip in windows).

But unfortunately when I go to view playlists on my phone all of the tracks are missing from the playlists. It says No item. Connect to your PC to sync.

If I use the sync cable everything is fine.

ZenMasta, Apr 21, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Balloon tips get in the way.

You are showing a Lookup not a Balloon tip. Helps to know what program you are using that you did not state how you got that Lookup.

bro67, Apr 21, 2017
  5. I got the lookup by hovering over text in an e-mail in Thunderbird. I'd like to stop them for all programs, since they make things a lot harder to read, especially when using magnifiers like Fatbits.

gregyurkon, Apr 21, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 21, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Every program has its own way to not have the hover over look up. As spunk stated, read in Plain Text. It has to do with CSS in Thunderbird. Plenty of stuff out there for you to create a CSS sheet to make Thunderbird do what you want.

I use Postbox, so I do not get any of that stuff due to how the company that created Postbox from the Thunderbird code made a lot of changes.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Balloon tips get in the way.

1. Balloon tips get in the way. - Similar Threads - Balloon tips

2. Can I enable Balloon Notifications in Windows 10 without administrator rights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I enable Balloon Notifications in Windows 10 without administrator rights?: I am on Windows 10 Education 22H2, so I don't have admin rights. Because of that, I can't use the Registry Editor or the Group Policy Editor. I need those to get balloon notifications instead of toast notifications. Is there any way to get balloon notifications without admin...
  3. Can I enable Balloon Notifications in Windows 10 without administrator rights?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I enable Balloon Notifications in Windows 10 without administrator rights?: I am on Windows 10 Education 22H2, so I don't have admin rights. Because of that, I can't use the Registry Editor or the Group Policy Editor. I need those to get balloon notifications instead of toast notifications. Is there any way to get balloon notifications without admin...
  4. Can I enable Balloon Notifications in Windows 10 without administrator rights?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 search index frequently balloons to 3x size and then crashes/rebuilds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search index frequently balloons to 3x size and then crashes/rebuilds: I've had trouble with Windows 10 search index since approximately 2016 and never made any headway in solving or even isolating the issue or getting any insight into what triggers it. The main issue is that the index crashes and rebuilds periodically, requiring me to wait a...
  6. Windows 10 search index frequently balloons to 3x size and then crashes/rebuilds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search index frequently balloons to 3x size and then crashes/rebuilds: I've had trouble with Windows 10 search index since approximately 2016 and never made any headway in solving or even isolating the issue or getting any insight into what triggers it. The main issue is that the index crashes and rebuilds periodically, requiring me to wait a...
  7. Windows 10 search index frequently balloons to 3x size and then crashes/rebuilds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Is there a way to get rid of balloon or whatever above cursor? Covers half the page you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get rid of balloon or whatever above cursor? Covers half the page you...: have win.11 insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-get-rid-of-balloon-or-whatever/89f1c169-1610-43ab-8d0b-8bdeb2c22334
  9. Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification

Windows 10 Balloon tips/notification: Hello, Can i manage a balloon tips/notification in Windows 10? I know i can disable or enable this but i want to enable only the ones i will choose (e.q "You password has been expired" or "Your Windows computer is at high risk"). Can we manage this in gpedit.msc or...
  10. Enable Balloon Tips in Windows 10?

Enable Balloon Tips in Windows 10?: [img] how enable old Windows 7 style Balloon Tips in Windows 10? *Eek 14502