Windows 10: Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging

Discus and support Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently got a Bamboo Ink Plus Pen for my Dell Inspiron 14 Windows 11. The pen doesn't use a battery, I think it's the 2nd gen. All you need to do is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Artie Cast, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging

Recently got a Bamboo Ink Plus Pen for my Dell Inspiron 14 Windows 11. The pen doesn't use a battery, I think it's the 2nd gen. All you need to do is charge it, which I've been doing for literally months at this point. The pen worked fine when I first got it, but a problem I noticed early on was that it would constantly need to charge after sitting unused. Maybe that was a red flag, but now it won't turn on at all. It can't possibly be dead. I've checked the cord and the USB plug I'm using, and both work. I have held down each of the button combos I know it has for a full minute. No lights. No

:)

Artie Cast, Dec 9, 2023

2. Bamboo Ink Pen

Hi Billy,

Using a Bamboo Ink Pen doesn't require a specific tablet for it to work as long as you're using a touch-capable tablet or PC. For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having issues with Bamboo Ink Pen, answer
    the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried updating the driver of your Bamboo Ink Pen to isolate compatibility issues?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to assist you.

Lizette Ags, Dec 9, 2023
  3. allisonMS Win User
    Bamboo Ink Pen

Hi, I just purchased my Bamboo Ink pen for windows ink and it's not working. I just purchased an HP Envy x360 and I can connect the pen to the device (when I click the end I can open up windows ink workspace) however I cannot write on the computer with this
    pen. I was told this was compatible. Can anyone help me get the bamboo pen to write?

allisonMS, Dec 9, 2023
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging

Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus not working / writing on my ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2G

Ok, yeah, theBamboo Ink Plus pen, is rechargeable. The Bamboo Ink pen isn't. Seems I relied on the wrong link - this is the correct link: Bamboo Ink Plus. At any rate are you sure the pen is charged?

Also, those battery readings aren't always reliable as Windows had shown my Bamboo Ink pen to be at 43% when in actuality the battery was dead. That said, try removing the device from Bluetooth and pairing it again.

And I asked about Windows Ink being installed because some go through great lengths to remove stuff they "think" they don't need. But, yes, Ink is part of Windows.

BTW, does the OEM pen that came with the laptop work??? If so, we know the issue isn't with Windows Ink. As I said, we have the same notebook and generation.

FYI - Here's my pens - 2017 Hardware Thread

Good luck.

sygnus21, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging

1. Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging - Similar Threads - Bamboo Ink Plus

2. Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bamboo Ink Plus Pen not turning on/charging: Recently got a Bamboo Ink Plus Pen for my Dell Inspiron 14 Windows 11. The pen doesn't use a battery, I think it's the 2nd gen. All you need to do is charge it, which I've been doing for literally months at this point. The pen worked fine when I first got it, but a problem I...
  3. Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus not working: I bought the samsung book3 360 with windows 11 and the salesman said the bamboo ink plus would work with it but it does not. It does not show up on the list of compatible computers. Am I missing something or did the salesman sell me the wrong pen? I also have a universal pen...
  4. Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus not working

Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus not working: I bought the samsung book3 360 with windows 11 and the salesman said the bamboo ink plus would work with it but it does not. It does not show up on the list of compatible computers. Am I missing something or did the salesman sell me the wrong pen? I also have a universal pen...
  5. Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write

Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 which is now a few years old, and I bought a Bamboo Ink pen along with it when I bought it. I haven't had any serious problems with getting the pen to work until now. The pen will successfully pair with Bluetooth, and when I press the top button it...
  6. Bamboo ink pen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bamboo ink pen: I went on device manager and control panel and looked through everything in my computer and completed all the updates my bamboo pen is still not working the ink doesn’t wanna work or the eraser but the clicker still works. Please help!...
  7. Bamboo ink pen

Bamboo ink pen: I went on device manager and control panel and looked through everything in my computer and completed all the updates my bamboo pen is still not working the ink doesn’t wanna work or the eraser but the clicker still works. Please help!...
  8. Bamboo Ink Pen Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bamboo Ink Pen Not Working: A few years ago, I purchased a new computer, and with it, a new Bamboo Ink Pen that is compatible with windows 10 devices. At first, it worked perfectly. I didn't use it for a bit and that's when I started having problems. My pen wouldn't connect to my computer at all. I...
  9. Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus

Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus: I have a windows 10 laptop that supports windows ink. I got the wacom bamboo ink plus pen from microsoft website. I unbox it, plug into my laptop to charge for many hours. The pen light is STILL orange. Wont turn on. Wont connect bluetooth. Unresponsive overall....
  10. Bamboo Ink not "turning on"

Bamboo Ink not "turning on": I don't know how to explain it but my bamboo ink went from working to failing to connect and work. I bought new AAAA batteries thinking that was the issue but it did nothing to change the outcome. When I hold down the top button there is no blue light that shows on the pen....