Windows 10: BASH Beta feature isn't getting downloaded.

Discus and support BASH Beta feature isn't getting downloaded. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently updated my Windows 10 in order to check the new bash feature which Microsoft included. When I launched the bash, a download prompt was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 0x03, Oct 5, 2016.

1. 0x03 Win User

BASH Beta feature isn't getting downloaded.

I recently updated my Windows 10 in order to check the new bash feature which Microsoft included. When I launched the bash, a download prompt was there, obviously I entered the "y" and waited to complete the download. But the thing is download isn't getting completed because prompt automatically get closed. Retried the same process of reopening cmd bash again and again around 7 times but the result is always same. Does anyone had similar issue or any solution?

:)

0x03, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Abe W Win User

Error installing Bash on Windows

I followed the instructions here: Install the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10

The first run seemed to be working but errored out after starting the bash environment and I get Windows STore errors going forward.

PS C:\Users\abew> bash

-- Beta feature --

This will install Ubuntu on Windows, distributed by Canonical

and licensed under its terms available here:

Licensing | Ubuntu

Type "y" to continue: y

Downloading from the Windows Store... 100%

Extracting filesystem, this will take a few minutes...

Installation successful! The environment will start momentarily...

Error: 0x800706ba

PS C:\Users\abew> bash

-- Beta feature --

This will install Ubuntu on Windows, distributed by Canonical

and licensed under its terms available here:

Licensing | Ubuntu

Type "y" to continue: y

Downloading from the Windows Store... 0%Error: 0x800c0008

Abe W, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux not available on build 14316

Run native Bash on Ubuntu on Windows: In this build, you can natively run Bash in Windows as announced last week at Build 2016. To do this, you first need to turn on Developer Mode via Settings > Update & security > For developers. Then
    search for “Windows Features” and choose “Turn Windows features on or off” and enable Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta).
    To get Bash installed, open Command Prompt and type “bash”. For more details,

see this blog post

BASH Beta feature isn't getting downloaded. [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

BASH Beta feature isn't getting downloaded.

1. BASH Beta feature isn't getting downloaded. - Similar Threads - BASH Beta feature

2. Uhhh isn't this feature not meant to be activated until 21H1 gets installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uhhh isn't this feature not meant to be activated until 21H1 gets installed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SimonGn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ng001e/uhhh_isnt_this_feature_not_meant_to_be_activated/
  3. Minecraft Beta Won't Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Beta Won't Download: I have tried multiple times to download and install the RTX Beta for Windows 10 Minecraft. I've tried enrolling with the Xbox Insider Hub, the XIH Beta, and nothing seems to work. I've tried installing and waiting for the system to update, for days at a time. I've tried...
  4. Bingo bash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bingo bash: Keeps kicking me out of game up to three times why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bingo-bash/1e5dd1e5-4424-4ab0-bc5b-ab9274638382
  5. Is downloading the beta 2004 version definitive ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is downloading the beta 2004 version definitive ?: So, i want to download this beta cuz there are quite some interesting features but i am afraid that stability issues might occur and therefore be very annoying ... in that case, will it be possible/easy to come back to the normal 1909 ? Would any of those operations (going...
  6. Cortana Beta apps features not available

in Cortana
    Cortana Beta apps features not available: i have recently downloaded windows 10 version 2004 and I have got the Cortana Beta app and many features of the previous Cortana app have been lost. When I say to open an app to Cortana, it just show web results for how to open the related app. Is there a way to fix this...
  7. Xbox Game Pass Beta isn't allowing me to download.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Pass Beta isn't allowing me to download.: I have downloaded one game before but now when i'm choosing which drive to download to it's saying that "the administrator has disabled Storage Service on this system."...
  8. Bash Shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bash Shell: Hi, I am using windows 10 Home on HP Laptop. I want to work with Linux Bash shell I tried to follow the link below https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-bash-shell-command-line-windows-10. I could complete till number 12 beyond that it did not work. Request...
  9. Bug Bash Beat?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Bash Beat?: Hello all: Several days in a row, my w10 was warned about "Bug Bash Beat"! What is "Bug Bash Beat"?? How should I respond? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/bug-bash-beat/394e4460-4cd7-4c4f-a22f-04fdebf3e19c"
  10. cortana bashs google

in Browsers and Email
    cortana bashs google: Hi Folks, Interesting position taken by MS, no google for Cortana Microsoft stops Google being used for Cortana searches - BBC News Roy 48756