Windows 10: Basic Lan Network 2 computers via x cable - slow and flaky connection.

Discus and support Basic Lan Network 2 computers via x cable - slow and flaky connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Please , I have had a wired network 1 to 1 computer working at home for quite some time , I just use a network cable (x over) , but this morning,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by justwondering, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Basic Lan Network 2 computers via x cable - slow and flaky connection.

Hi Please , I have had a wired network 1 to 1 computer working at home for quite some time , I just use a network cable (x over) , but this morning, file transfers where very slow , only thing that has changed is a update to windows 7 on my computers.

One computers has a usb Wireless connection for internet.

Both Computers have 1GB network cards and a suitable network x over cable connected

Both computers are running the same version of windows 7

When I look at my "network and sharing centre"

It shows My local area connection is on a unidentified network

My home network has the wireless usb for its connection on my main computer

I followed this basic guide How to Connect two Computer in a Local Area Network ( LAN ) using Cat5 cable: - YouTube

But still my connection is very flaky.

I cannot understand why this has been working for months , but now when I click into a directory it takes a very long time to open up a directory via network , if I try to transfer a file , it does not work.

plus when I try to copy files to one computer, it starts but then just locks , but if I try to copy a file across from the other computer then it just says access denied or a error occurred while trying to reconnect

I have tried to ping each computer , it pings 3 times , then closes the window ! I used this for info for pinging....Using the PING Command to Test Network Connections

I have also done a Ping -t it continues to ping on both computers :- both showing reply : ip address : bytes =32 time <1ms TTL 128

I keep getting this error message :-

I keep getting this message .

I get the message

An error occurred while reconnecting to Z: to \\duplicator-pc\e
    Microsoft windows network : the local device name is already in use.

This connection has not been restore

I really have made a mess !!

Help please...... Its driving me round the bend

:)

justwondering, Nov 9, 2015

2. Slow Internet connection

By default QoS is toggled ON in most routers, coupled with your desktop connecting over a LAN connection which gives LAN priority over WLAN. Also when connecting through a LAN cable, your computer is able to connect with full duplex. So basically your computers
    connected through LAN are the first priority for the router, using most of the available bandwidth.

You have a few choices to limit this:

1. Buy a faster broadband network package. (Not Recommended)

2. Update Ethernet drivers in your system.

3. Update Firmware of router.

4. Your router may be to old and you need a new one.

5. Continue to diagnose to problem & seek more help for insight on the problem.

I can help for as long as I am on.

-Matt

Matt Bondar, Nov 9, 2015
  3. N5530 - Viewing iPlayer etc

Two ways to do it really.:

1) Download the file from the link to a computer and then copy it over to the phone via USB cable

2) Connect the phone to the internet (either via Wireless LAN, or through your Mobile Network provider etc) and in the browser, type in the address posted. Once it connects and downloads, you should be prompted to install.

stevieboy121, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Basic Lan Network 2 computers via x cable - slow and flaky connection.

1. Basic Lan Network 2 computers via x cable - slow and flaky connection. - Similar Threads - Basic Lan Network

2. How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?: So i have a condition that :1 office Computer my co-worker computer connected to wifi. The Wifi is MAC whitelisted, so only this office computer can connect to the network internet.1 my personal computer in my office. Office manager dont allow me to add my MAC to whitelist,...
  3. How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?: So i have a condition that :1 office Computer my co-worker computer connected to wifi. The Wifi is MAC whitelisted, so only this office computer can connect to the network internet.1 my personal computer in my office. Office manager dont allow me to add my MAC to whitelist,...
  4. Unable to identify network via LAN connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to identify network via LAN connection: Good am/pm everyone, I've been having this problem for over a week, so I came here for some help. I have a Windows To Go thumb drive that the company send to me to input data and send it over via transmission. However, it won't connect to a LAN connection wired and the only...
  5. Unable to identify network via LAN connection

Unable to identify network via LAN connection: Good am/pm everyone, I've been having this problem for over a week, so I came here for some help. I have a Windows To Go thumb drive that the company send to me to input data and send it over via transmission. However, it won't connect to a LAN connection wired and the only...
  6. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  7. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  8. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. BSOD when LAN cable is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when LAN cable is connected: Hi, I'm encountering a weird BSOD behavior. Windows boot up nicely when it is not connected to the network. Once Windows is connected to the network it will cause BSOD. The system is able to recover upon restart and removing the network cable. I'm currently using 19H1 OS...
  10. Networking 2 computers via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking 2 computers via bluetooth: Trying to network two computers via bluetooth. Computers recognize each other but require a passcode to link. Passcodes on both computers are never the same and the connection fails. 1. How can I arrange for duplicate passcodes or eliminate the passcode requirement?...