Windows 10: Batch file hide command window

Discus and support Batch file hide command window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a batch command to back up a subdirectory: xcopy "C:\All\*" "E:\Allback\*" /E /Q How can I hide the command window during the execution? 40984 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Feb 14, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Batch file hide command window

I have a batch command to back up a subdirectory:
    xcopy "C:\All\*" "E:\Allback\*" /E /Q

How can I hide the command window during the execution?

:)

tcebob, Feb 14, 2016
  2. ben ivo Win User

Can not find bootrec.exe in Windows 10.

C:\Windows\System32>BootRec.exe

'BootRec.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

This means it is not in the $PATH. Where do you hide BootRec now?

ben ivo, Feb 14, 2016
  3. ben ivo Win User
    Can not find bootrec.exe in Windows 10.

C:\Windows\System32>BootRec.exe

'BootRec.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

This means it is not in the $PATH. Where do you hide BootRec now?

I can't find it anywhere in C:\Windows. Have you removed this command from Windows 10?

ben ivo, Feb 14, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Feb 14, 2016
  5. tcebob Win User
    Thanks for the lead. I'll go with the minimize option. Don't know why I didn't think of it.

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Batch file hide command window - Similar Threads - Batch file hide

2. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  3. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  4. Command Prompt/ Batch files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  5. HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file: This working fine in a Command Prompt: robocopy "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\Old folder" "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\New folder" /mov /minage:930 How do I make a Batch file .BAT with that RoboCopy command...
  6. run a powershell command like a batch file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run a powershell command like a batch file: I am working as a temp on a Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration team. We've encountered a problem with some software, and a solution has been found that requires us to execute a a single command with PowerShell. However, the command is extremely long and complex, and very...
  7. Batch commands

Batch commands: I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like: for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB...
  8. Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64: Hi there, I tried creating a batch file on a usb stick, but it could not copy files to a windows system folder. I require administration run to execute this copy, but when i ran using administration, it doesn't know where to find the files on the usb stick. The usb stick...
  9. DOS Command issued from Batch file

DOS Command issued from Batch file: I have been running a batch file to list my personal file, and output the listing to a text file in a folder dv7. I then use the text file to compare to files on another computer or external drive, as backup. For some reason it no longer works. The command in the BAT file...
  10. Run Batch Files Silently And Hide The Console Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run Batch Files Silently And Hide The Console Window: How To Run Batch Files Silently And Hide The Console Window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/run-batch-files-silently-and-hide-the-console/72811a79-40df-4362-8827-425d5aa79692