Windows 10: Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro.

Discus and support Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As stated in title - no battery icon when not plugged in - and no battery/power icon when plugged in - also no locations icon. I do not care much about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fireplayer, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro.

As stated in title - no battery icon when not plugged in - and no battery/power icon when plugged in - also no locations icon. I do not care much about the locations one, but the battery one is pretty much vital.

Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing  - Win 10 Pro. [​IMG]

Going into "Turn system icons on / off" - both Power & Location are greyed out - and can not be activated.

Any ideas / suggestions? - I have tried all the regular Windows 7 / 8 fixes - but no luck. I DO have a battery icon in the logon screen - but that is it. I have had this issue since I first downloaded the first preview builds.

This is my machine stats according to System info:

:)

fireplayer, Jul 29, 2015

2. How to get the battery icon in the system tray on Windows 10.Icon

I found an answer
    here

It involves restarting Windows Explorer in the task manager.

Charles Kenyon, Jul 29, 2015
  3. windows 10 - battery icon is missing

I found an answer
    here

It involves restarting Windows Explorer in the task manager.

Charles Kenyon, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro.

Any suggestions people? Google gives me nothing useful for Windows 10. And the registry looks different from Windows 7/8/8.1 so the old regedits won't work...

fireplayer, Jul 29, 2015
  5. ojuniour Win User
    Go to device manager disable both 'Microsoft AC Adapter' and 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery'
    Then Re-Enable them again.

Let me know how it goes...

ojuniour, Jul 30, 2015
  6. I tried that - no change.

I also tried uninstalling them both - and then reinstalling using Scan for hardware changes.
    No luck there either...

But thanks for the suggestions.

fireplayer, Jul 30, 2015
  7. RWOne Win User
    RWOne, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro.

Hi, thanks for the tip. Yes this was one of the things I tried on the very first preview version. Decided to give it another go though...

Everything went great up until 5. In the Details pane, click the PastIconsStream registry entry. There IS no PastIconsStream entry.

Anyways I moved on from there, second issue came along at 10. Ensure that Power is set to "Show icon and notifications". - WHERE would that be? I have no such setting anywhere..., - I moved on - finished - HOPING for Miracles - alas Power and Locations remain greyed out.

Thanks for trying though...

any other ideas?

fireplayer, Jul 31, 2015
  9. and just to clarify - nothing under Power & sleep or Additional Power settings either - unless I'm blind...

fireplayer, Jul 31, 2015
  10. I'm seeing some posts out there for the missing battery icon, this one being the most prominent. Not sure if a lot of people are having the same issue, but since millions of people received the upgrade recently, I'm sure we'll start seeing more posts about it.

In any case, my battery icon is missing from the notification area/tray, and it's also grayed out for me in the settings page, and as such I can't set it to ON. I followed the FAQ on the Microsoft website, and still can't resolve the issue: I am the system administrator for my computer, so that's not the problem, and my laptop does have a battery, so that is not the problem, either.

tonguetyed, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Angilson Win User
    hey my gf had the same the problem with her laptop so I mess around with it and fixed it, hope it helps! windows 10 is awesome btw lol

1. Go to start and type in gpedit.msc and press enter.

2.Navigate to expand User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar and disable "Remove the battery meter".

3. restart

Angilson, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Garenic Win User
    While gpedit may work if your version of windows has group policies, I found the fix to be updating my chip drivers from 7 to 8 directly from my manufacturer site. It added a new battery driver in device manager. *Cool

Garenic, Aug 11, 2015
  13. Garenic Win User

Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro.

That was a let-down. I restarted fully expecting it to still be working and it's greyed out again! Still hunting for a solution. It seems Windows 10 resets things during the prolonged black screen at start up. Someone mentioned updating the bios. I'm going to look into that. *Confused

Garenic, Aug 11, 2015
  14. Garenic Win User
    So updated my bios to the latest and...we have a winner! I have rebooted a few times and I still have a battery icon!

Garenic, Aug 12, 2015
  15. If sitting w Win 10 Pro - this seems to work - at least for me. After 2 restarts w Win 10 wanting to update stuff in between. But now it is there. Still no locations though. That doesn't bother me much anyways. So this is to be considered as SOLVED *Wink So HUGE THANK YOU's to Angilson for actually finding a working solution for my system - and to Garenic for helping as well *Wink

But those without gpedit are still stuck w the problem. I for one had no chip updates in the way Garenic describes....

fireplayer, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro.

1. Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Battery Location Icon

2. Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar: I have a Surface Go 3 with Windows 11 ProThe Battery icon in the System Tray is missing Bottom right of the displayWhen I try to add it to the bar through Settings - Personalization - Taskbar I find there is no battery option to switch on, please help....
  3. Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar: I have a Surface Go 3 with Windows 11 ProThe Battery icon in the System Tray is missing Bottom right of the displayWhen I try to add it to the bar through Settings - Personalization - Taskbar I find there is no battery option to switch on, please help....
  4. Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area: I have Windows 11, it's up to date, on my desktop computer. I have an internet connection through Comcast. I think it goes through a router with the cable tv, but I'm not sure. Network Connection Details says "IntelR Ethernet Connection 7I219-V"I've always had an icon for the...
  5. Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons: I looked at some "search answers" here in your forum but could not. I can't find anything on my Version of Win 10 which is 10.0.19042 (build 19402) for fixing this issue. And I have no idea why it disappeared, and why the Audio Control icon appeared. The only icons I have...
  6. Notification Area Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons Missing: Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!...
  7. Taskbar notification area icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar notification area icons missing: Hello, can somebody help me please, some icons are "missing" from notification area, their visibility is hidden, I tried basic things to fix it and it wont work, please somebody :( https://prnt.sc/s0vj07 - next to volume icon there must be network icon and other icons too......
  8. Missing Icons inside Notification Area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Icons inside Notification Area: Hello I had the Arabic version of Windows 10 that came with a laptop so I installed the English version on it but I encountered a problem with my Notification Area (System Tray) some icon go missing inside the system tray and it always happens whenever I wake my laptop...
  9. Notification Area Icons location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  10. Some notification area icons go missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Some notification area icons go missing: Just recently I've noticed that some of the icons in the notification area disappear. The come back after a reboot but then disappear again at a later stage. I've run the Reset Notification Area batch file from Brink's tutorial but the problem keeps recurring. I also...