Windows 10: Battery backup

Discus and support Battery backup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all just to ask i need to buy a new battery back up buy dont know what wattage to get it will be just for the pc The pc has a 850 watt ps and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ocir, Mar 13, 2018.

1. ocir Win User

Battery backup

Hi all just to ask i need to buy a new battery back up buy dont know what wattage to get it will be just for the pc
    The pc has a 850 watt ps and a gtx 1080 gaphics card and a I7 ,ASUS Z270 MB. Would a 600 watt be good ?
    I just need time to do a shutdown about 5-10mins
    in bad storms i tend to have every on shout down thire pc's and xbox

:)

2. farby Win User

battery backup

It takes about 10-12 recharges for the Battery to give optimum performance.

..and Have a look at
    THIS

farby, Mar 13, 2018
  3. battery backup

Thanks yar

problem solved

mangipudi venugopal, Mar 13, 2018
  4. Battery backup

Hi,
    Depends also how much other stuff is connected to it
    I'd say equal to you psu wattage would be a good starting point
    APC has some good ones.

ThrashZone, Mar 13, 2018
  5. ocir Win User
    It will be just the pc and moniter on the backup side router and modem on surg side and thats all

6. Barman58 Win User
    Assuming the monitor is a modern digital LCD device the current should be low and allow both this and the PC to run for a short time on backup power. The normal setup is, however, to only have the actual PC on backup, and to have a USB connection between the UPS and PC.

In the event of the power failing the UPS will run for a set period, (user defined to keep power reserve in the UPS to a maximum, whilst supplying sufficient power to perform any defined shutdown tasks. such as email the admin Etc. ), and then "parachute" the system to shutdown - Normally a small resident application is used to put the PC into hibernate and then shut it down. At this point the UPS will stop supplying power to the PC and wait until it notices that mains power is returned and start charging

As to the required size you need to have a figure for you system power usage and for the time you wish the UPS to run for after mains failure. As you built your PC you may have the figure for power usage of the PC, ( if not go onto one of the Power Supply builders sites and use their calculator to obtain an estimate). The monitor should have a power consumption rating on the back or in the documentation. Once you have the two figures, (I always add a fudge factor of 20-30% to allow for system growth), you can feed these figures into the selection page of the UPS manufacturers

Barman58, Mar 13, 2018
  7. ocir Win User
    why I asked is i found a 810 watt ups from cyber power for $99.00 ,and was not sure it was enough

8. KCR
    KCR Win User

Battery backup

I think it probably would. . . mine's only 900 watts.

Battery backup [​IMG]

Works decent enough, though. . .

Battery backup [​IMG]

Battery backup [​IMG]

9. The advertised power output (wattage) of the UPS doesn't have direct correlation with how long the battery will actually last. For instance, I can have a UPS that can output 900W for 30 seconds and still advertise it as a 900W UPS.

So you need to:
    1. See what your worst-case power consumption is. For instance, if you want to game through a power outage, then you have to measure your power usage while gaming.
    2. Make sure the UPS has higher power output than the power consumption in #1.
    3. Make sure the UPS has sufficient runtime when outputting the power in #1.

You have to actually look at the specs of the UPS to see what the expected runtime is at various output levels. For instance, this 810W CyberPower UPS has 3 minutes of runtime at the maximum output level.

Battery backup [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Battery backup

1. Battery backup - Similar Threads - Battery backup

2. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  3. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%: I have a APC battery backup BR1500G us style with good fresh batteries. I use the built in windows power management but it started having a problem recently, no matter what the "critical battery level" is set to it will get to a state of "very low battery" at 98% and shutdown...
  4. battery backup native windows power management issues - "critical power level" forced at 98%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. not getting battery backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not getting battery backup: iam not getting my battery backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-battery-backup/f5ab006d-bc03-402d-80de-662c359b4e73
  6. not getting battery backup

not getting battery backup: iam not getting my battery backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-battery-backup/f5ab006d-bc03-402d-80de-662c359b4e73
  7. battery backup issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery backup issue: Hello so I just got an update on my windows 11 laptop, After the update my battery backup become very small.Now i am getting 1 hour batter life with 100% charge.my battery health is good. And I tried to put the battery saver option. but did nothing.Then I checked for any apps...
  8. battery backup issue

battery backup issue: Hello so I just got an update on my windows 11 laptop, After the update my battery backup become very small.Now i am getting 1 hour batter life with 100% charge.my battery health is good. And I tried to put the battery saver option. but did nothing.Then I checked for any apps...
  9. Battery backup surge protector question

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery backup surge protector question: Just in case if the power outage, can i use battery backup surge protector? So that I can use my computer if the power outage 181803
  10. UPS Battery Backup power quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UPS Battery Backup power quality: I know many members here have a lot of money wrapped up in their computers and other electronics. Many of you most likely have your equipment plugged into a UPS for protection from power spikes, brownouts, and power outages. You always hear that electronics need clean power....