Windows 10: Battery Charging after updates on 29/7/2018

Discus and support Battery Charging after updates on 29/7/2018 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi After the updates installed for Windows 10 on my Surface Pro yesterday, 2 of my chargers no longer work. They both have their "Power" light lit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlisonBoler, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Battery Charging after updates on 29/7/2018

Hi

After the updates installed for Windows 10 on my Surface Pro yesterday, 2 of my chargers no longer work. They both have their "Power" light lit steadily at the end of the cable but the Surface Pro no longer detects it is plugged in. They are not Microsoft chargers, they are replacement ones I bought along the way as I need to have chargers in a variety of locations, rather than tote them around. My Microsoft charger still works. Any suggestions as to what the problem is????? A whole lot of drivers came down in the update and firmware, so I suspect that may have something to do with it.

Do I throw these chargers and buy new ones or is there some action I can take to make the Surface Pro see them again???? It is a 2017 Surface Pro btw.

thanks

Alison

:)

AlisonBoler, Jul 30, 2018

2. battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, Jul 30, 2018
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

Battery Charging after updates on 29/7/2018

Battery won't charge to 100%, even though it says it did

The Sm@rtA$$ suggestion would be to replace the battery *Wink and to be totally honest that is the only surefire solution, Batteries have a usage life as well as a shelf life (which can mean that if a battery is stocked for a long time before first use you could already be part way down the road to failure.

There are methods to condition some older types of battery (NiCad), which tends to build up a charge memory if the users charges the battery too much - Ni-Cad batteries should be allowed to run down to almost no charge regularly to prevent this and following a similar but exaggerated system can work to reverse the issue -

Ni-Cad Conditioning

• Fully charge the battery
    • Leave the device running at a high load, [Playing Video / music / encoding a video, (that you can afford to lose], after you switch off all battery saving options so that you can actually get to a situation that the battery gets so low that the device shuts down - leave for half an hour and try again as sometime the battery can "regain" access to more power reserve
    • Fully Charge the battery
    • Repeat This several times and also perform this action Once at least once a month

NImH batteries are supposedly immune to these issues but it can sometimes happen and the above routine may help but is just as likely to not do anything

The basic issue here is that a battery is a chemical reaction based device and the chemical reaction is reversible, (charging) only a set number of times ( you will often see very small print on rechargeable batteries stating an approximate number of charge cycles possible), the problem is that switching the device on when plugged into the mains supply is treated by the battery as a charge cycle. Some laptops will allow you to remove the battery and use it as a normal mains device - some will not - if you have to have the battery in place to use the laptop then don't plug it in if you can as this will actually improve overall battery life, both per charge and over the full life of the battery

Barman58, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Battery Charging after updates on 29/7/2018

1. Battery Charging after updates on 29/7/2018 - Similar Threads - Battery Charging updates

2. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  3. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  4. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery not charging after Windows update: Dear all,I have HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation and after windows did update my battery is not charging anymore. It says connected, but is not charging.I have already tried: 1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Compiant Control Method Batter and keep it without power...
  5. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging after Windows update: Dear all,I have HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation and after windows did update my battery is not charging anymore. It says connected, but is not charging.I have already tried: 1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Compiant Control Method Batter and keep it without power...
  6. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Battery will not charge after 10.0.19041 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery will not charge after 10.0.19041 update: After update to 10.0.19041 update my Tablet battery charges for about 30 seconds after plugging in then stops. Charger cable still showing as connected. Tried this solution but Tablet is a cheap fully sealed unit. I cannot remove the battery. What next?...
  8. Battery charging after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charging after updating to 1903: After updating to the latest build 1903 in my laptop, whenever I start to charge my battery, after a while it shows 100% charged even though it is not. The battery charging light blinks every now and then, and in the screen it shows fully charged and suddenly shows the actual...
  9. BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018: I would like to know if Microsoft has a solution for this problem. After the windows update, my battery is not charging and I have to use my laptop plugged in, what is disturbing me. My battery is brand new. I've changed it in October, it was working perfect since this...
  10. Battery not charging after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging after update.: After the automatic update identified as Windows 10, version 1803 I can not charge the battery beyond 6%. The battery and charger test as good.Battery...