Windows 10: Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10...

Discus and support Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1)The battery charging problem since last one after installing new battery. The battery is not charging always. Some time it is charging and some time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SheenaPoojary, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10...

1)The battery charging problem since last one after installing new battery. The battery is not charging always. Some time it is charging and some time not.

2) the system is not allowing to type in the search box sometime and I have to restart the system. I have gone through suggested method and it is not solved.

:)

SheenaPoojary, Aug 4, 2018

2. Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10 version 1803

1)The battery charging problem since last one after installing new battery. The battery is not charging always. Some time it is charging and some time not.

2) the system is not allowing to type in the search box sometime and I have to restart the system. I have gone through suggested method and it is not solved.

SheenaPoojary, Sep 27, 2018
  3. battery not charging or 1 minute to full charge

Similar problem here: 02 minutes to full charge when battery is at 25%. Lucky even to get this - more times than not get message "plugged in not charging" and the battery does not charge. Dell diagnosics on battery showed no problem - 78% life is left in it. Tried uninstalling Microsoft battery monitor and reinstalling it - inconsistent results. Updated to latest BIOS and chipset from Dell. Did Windows 10 recovery re-install. Set up a new profile (someone said the profile was corrupt), None of these solved the problem. Plus problems with typing into Cortana search box and calculator - doesn't take keyboard input. Wish I could go back to Windows 8.1 - but over 30 days issue. Hate Windows 10!

batteryrod, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10...

Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10 version 1803

Lets start with the search issue:

Click Start

Scroll down to Cortana

Right click Cortana

Click More > App Settings

Click Terminate

Click Reset

See if Cortana starts working....

Restart the Cortana Process in Task Manager

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Select the Processes tab

Scroll through the list of processes, select Cortana then click End Task.

Restart Windows 10 then see if it starts working.

Reinstall Cortana

Press Windows key + X

Click PowerShell (Admin)

At the command Prompt, type then following the hit Enter.

Exit Powershell the restart

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

As for your Battery issues...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Batteries

Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System.

Choose Update Driver Software.

Make sure you are connected to the Internet, the check for updates.

Check if its working...

Other things you can try....

1. Run Windows 10 Battery Diagnostics

If your battery isn’t fully charging, the first thing you can try is the Battery troubleshooter in Windows 10.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down then click Power

Click Run the troubleshooter

Complete the wizard then restart your device to see if the problem is resolved.

Most laptop computers include their own factory diagnostics utilities, too. It is recommended you also use those to test your battery. Accessing the diagnostics will vary by manufacturer, so, consult the documentation that came with your computer. Before you
    run a test, you might need to first fully charge the device to 99 or 100 percent, disconnect the AC adapter, boot into the diagnostic utility then run the test.

2. Check if Your AC Power Supply is Properly Connected

Sometimes the power cable connected to your AC power supply brick might be loose. Check to make sure it is fitted and secured properly.

3. Try a Different Wall Outlet and Check for Low Voltage and Electrical Issues

The other day, my house had some serious electrical issues going on. You would be amazed how much voltage issues can affect the performance of your system. Plugging in my laptop into an outlet within my room dimmed the light, while an outlet in the living room
    caused it to wink.

Another room it remained constant but charging was horribly slow. This, of course, meant I had low voltage issues and with so many appliances competing for the little bit of faulty energy, it made it even worse. Ultimately, I ended hiring an electrician to
    sort out the issues. After fixing it up, my laptop started charging normally.

4. Test with Another Charger

I mentioned the AC power adapter earlier. It’s possible your charger might be the culprit. If you have a working spare laying around the home, give it a try to see if it charges. You can also borrow one from your work colleague if you don’t have any. If you
    don’t have access to another charger, try yours on another laptop to see if it charges the device.

If you are mixing and matching laptop power adapters, make sure you choose the correct power supply (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=s...).
    Read the brick and make sure it has the same polarity and voltage as the adapter for your laptop.

5. Remove All External Devices

If you keep external devices such as a smartphone, a USB external drive, mouse, printer and anything else attached to your system while charging, it will take longer for your battery to reach 100%. Make sure you disconnect all of those devices so your system
    won’t be competing with all the other electronics.

6. Check Your Connectors for Dirt or Damage

If your laptop has a modular battery, remove it then check for any damage or to see if it needs cleaning around the contacts and inside the battery compartment. Also, check if there are any dust particles inside the charging port that might be preventing the
    battery from charging.

7. Check for BIOS and Chipset Driver Updates

Sometimes your system might be overdue for an update for components such as your BIOS and Chipset. Updates can help resolve bugs that might be preventing the battery from charging efficiently.

8. Press and Release Power Button Reset

Sometimes unknown glitches can prevent the battery from charging. An easy way to fix it is to power down your computer, hold down the power button for 15 to 30 seconds, plug in the AC adapter, then start the computer.

9. Disable Apps and Check Battery Usage in Windows 10

Going back to Windows 10 a bit, recently, I noticed my Surface Pro was taking an unusually long time to charge and the fans started to rev up. Little did I notice the culprit was right there on my Taskbar all along. Slack’s Windows client was waiting in an
    attempt to connect to the Internet. So, checking your apps to determine whats running in the background can help you not only conserve battery life but limit what prevents it from charging faster.

There are a couple ways to do that. Open Start > Settings > Privacy > Background apps. Scroll down then toggle off the apps that might be preventing your device from reaching a full charge.

Still in Settings, open System > Battery > Battery usage by app. This will tell you which apps are using the most battery and you can make a decision what to do, whether to let Windows decide if it should run in the background while not sacrificing battery
    life.

10. Replace Charger or Battery Module

Ultimately, if you don’t see any improvements after trying all the above, then it’s maybe best that you replace either the charger or battery itself. This will require contacting your laptop manufacturer and placing an order. Batteries and the chargers are
    not necessarily cheap, especially if its an older system. But, if you have no choice, its something you will just have to do to get your system back in working order.

Source....

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/troubleshoot-b...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10...

1. Battery charging problem and system is not allowing to type in the search box in window 10... - Similar Threads - Battery charging problem

2. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery charging problem: My laptop Acer Aspire 5742z-4512 battery is not charging it show a messsage saying 0% available plugged in charging.Just a year ago i had bought this new battery for my laptop and now within 1 year of using this problem has arised..I tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  3. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery charging problem: My laptop Acer Aspire 5742z-4512 battery is not charging it show a messsage saying 0% available plugged in charging.Just a year ago i had bought this new battery for my laptop and now within 1 year of using this problem has arised..I tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  4. Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes

in Cortana
    Problems with typing in Task Bar Search Box and Windows Explorer Search Box and in Sticky Notes: Hi,On Windows 10 21H2 - current 4/25/2022History1 sticky notes not running usually leave open so probably auto rebooted and didn't restart? 2 started sticky notes - notes opened but can't type in them. I can type in Notes and in Browser Windows.3 Reset Sticky Notes through...
  5. Can't type in windows 10 search Box

in Cortana
    Can't type in windows 10 search Box: After the update of windows 10 I can't type in the search box. I tried a lot of method to fix this problem,but they doesn't work. Please tell me some solution to fix this problem....
  6. Windows 10 Charging battery problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Charging battery problem: Windows 10 Office 365 SSD 500Gb New battery 3 months dead. Nearly always plugged in. Charges somewhat, but not enough to keep the session open. Eventually shuts down and does not have enough power to reboot. Wait 8 hours or so and it starts again. Can't tell when it...
  7. Battery charging Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery charging Problem: I am plugging my laptop and it is showing charging but does not get charged over more than 40-50%. Someone please help. Facing the issue from last month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-problem/1d581f76-479c-4d36-988e-4b0e646014ca
  8. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery charging problem: When i charge my laptop while it is in 2% or less "battery is low" pop ups every 20 or 30 seconds until it goes the 10%..and also whiel i play game the charing led indicator blinks and the game starts to hang whenever it blinks.......
  9. Unable to type in Windows 10 search box

in Cortana
    Unable to type in Windows 10 search box: Hi, I am unable to type into the search box in the task bar of my Windows 10 laptop. Not sure if it's related but there did appear to be some updates applied when I logged off last night. Googling I have found a number of suggestions. So far I have tried the following...
  10. Problem charging the battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem charging the battery: when connect hp laptop charger to pc, start charging some minutes then stop charging >. This process is repeated as long as the charger is connected to the device. I removed the battery from the device and connected the charger and found that there was no problem with the...