Windows 10: battery is pluged in holding at 85 but not charging what can i do

Discus and support battery is pluged in holding at 85 but not charging what can i do in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; battery is pluged in holding at 85 but not charging what can i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by robsmith5, Jul 11, 2018.

1. robsmith5 Win User

battery is pluged in holding at 85 but not charging what can i do

:)

robsmith5, Jul 11, 2018

2. Battery Pluged in not charging

I have a Alienware 17in laptop and recently the battery will charge up to 37% and will stop and say pluged in not charging.

BrianBracht, Jul 11, 2018
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Jul 11, 2018
  4. battery is pluged in holding at 85 but not charging what can i do

Battery Pluged in not charging

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Turn off and unplug the system and batteries, hold the power button down.

Take the battery out, turn off, turn back on, log in and put the battery back in.

Toggle the FN and F2 key to turn the battery on.

If still the issue persist the Please contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Hope this information helps.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. battery is pluged in holding at 85 but not charging what can i do - Similar Threads - battery pluged holding

2. Laptop not holding charge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not holding charge?: So I tried charging my school laptop for about a hour or so, 0%. It still booted up but would just go black when it died. I am on a lenovo computer and a lot of stuff is not allowed by my school. I attempted to use Windows key + X and selecting device manager to update my...
  3. Laptop not holding charge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not holding charge?: So I tried charging my school laptop for about a hour or so, 0%. It still booted up but would just go black when it died. I am on a lenovo computer and a lot of stuff is not allowed by my school. I attempted to use Windows key + X and selecting device manager to update my...
  4. Laptop not holding charge?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The battery on my Linx 10 will not hold a charge. should I replace it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The battery on my Linx 10 will not hold a charge. should I replace it?: the battery on my linx 10 will not hold a charge. should i replace it?* Original title: battery* Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-on-my-linx-10-will-not-hold-a-charge/33509cb1-a4e9-4e6a-8316-0663341f06a8
  6. The battery on my Linx 10 will not hold a charge. should I replace it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The battery on my Linx 10 will not hold a charge. should I replace it?: the battery on my linx 10 will not hold a charge. should i replace it?* Original title: battery* Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-on-my-linx-10-will-not-hold-a-charge/33509cb1-a4e9-4e6a-8316-0663341f06a8
  7. The battery on my Linx 10 will not hold a charge. should I replace it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max: Hi. I have enabled all the power saving features, in the system settings, even in the Intel app. However, the charge only hold for 1h 30m max. Usually the charge must hold about 3-4 hours. I have the "Balanced" power scheme turned on, but I even tried "Energy saving" scheme,...
  9. laptop is at 0% pluged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop is at 0% pluged in but not charging: some days ago battery drain too much fast it came from 4 hour backup to zero minute backup laptop dose not work after plugged out . when plugged in it shows only at zero % battery didnot increase charging after zero% and not showing charging light . how to fix...
  10. Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge: If you have a Surface Pro 3 and your battery life has been failing to live up to expectations, you are not alone. Based on a thread in the Microsoft Answer forums and a few tips from readers, those who have devices with the Simplo batteries in them are quickly finding...