Windows 10: battery life

Discus and support battery life in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; good evening, has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pitbullpup, Dec 14, 2015.

1. battery life

good evening,

has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the charger. I bought my dell e6410 with windows 7 ultimate on it but only used it for a little while that night before upgrading it to windows 10 pro so really don't know if it lost any battery life. it has the i5 2.67 processor and the backlit keyboard. also seems to be the original battery for it as well.

:)

pitbullpup, Dec 14, 2015

2. Battery Saving Tips

Hi all I've read some articles on battery saving tips and wonder if you could confirm or deny them, or offer your own.

Things like

Ring Tone volume effects battery life.

Ring tone type (mp3/poly/monophonic) effects battery life

Themes effect battery life

Wallpaper effects battery life

hand set volume effects battery life.

etc etc

darcym---01, Dec 14, 2015
  3. nokia 5800 rm356 cpu speed is 192MHz, for rm428 it is 369MHz

Battery life is obviously affected.

Overclocking the cpu affects battery life.

Thats why 1 ghz androids have poor battery life compared to nokia.

romperompe, Dec 14, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

battery life

I would say it's okay, though be sure to use the battery because if you always use the power supply the battery will then lose some of its power. So by using it, it helps it stay charged longer

sn00ker, Dec 14, 2015
  5. I try to use the battery until it gets down to around 10% or so haven't gone lower than 5% though

pitbullpup, Dec 14, 2015
  6. pparks1 Win User
    Batteries do just stop charing to full capacity. If you get 2 years out of a battery, that's good. I'm willing to bet your laptop is much older than this.

pparks1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

battery life

1. battery life - Similar Threads - battery life

2. icon for battery life

in Windows 10 Customization
    icon for battery life: The icon for battery life has disappeared. In the settings under "Battery," it says that the display is not available now. Anyone know how to restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-battery-life/f27c4270-fc36-4f96-843f-b17b6bd91452
  3. Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long Debate of Battery Life on Macbook with Windows 10.: Hi there, came to this post because of obvious reasons. I have heard that battery capacity drains over time. I bought a MacBook Pro 13' Mid 2012 in 2015. Till mid 2018 I used MacOs and my battery and backup lasted for around 6-7 hours on normal use. Then, I started using...
  4. laptop should be used in battery or plugged in (electricty) for better life of laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop should be used in battery or plugged in (electricty) for better life of laptop: my battery is full now so shall I unplugged my laptop from electricity and use on battery or shall I keep using it on electricity. If I use longer time on electricity and doesn't allow my battery to discharge then will it degrade my laptop's battery life...
  5. Battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery life: Hey there! I have just brought a wireless keyboard mouse. Does it will affect my laptop's battery life?If so, how to save battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/30242656-dc11-4ef9-83a1-48b695af4ef5
  6. battery life indicator not shown in task bar

battery life indicator not shown in task bar: battery life indicator not shown in task bar. but in settings the option is turned on. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-indicator-not-shown-in-task-bar/220b7e7d-c130-4ddb-a0d4-9d75aa4beefe
  7. What's the battery life for my computer?

What's the battery life for my computer?: I have a Windows 10 Home, 1803, 17134.648. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-battery-life-for-my-computer/e3bab3b7-12bc-40ca-8b52-41bf8768562f
  8. Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state

Battery life percentage appears on screen when pressing keys during SHUTDOWN state: Is it normal that the battery status (%) is appearing when pressing keys - even when the laptop is completely shutdown? The screen will turn off after a few seconds, however, I believe the battery power is still consumed during shutdown. I have Windows 10 in my Lenovo 330s....
  9. Battery life

Battery life: Hi For weeks and weeks, my battery refuses to charge when plugged in. Then, just when I've given up hope, it fully charges again and does this for a week or so. Then, the cycle starts again. Why is this and what can I do about it?...
  10. Windows 10 remaining battery life display

Windows 10 remaining battery life display: My laptop's display of remaining battery life has disappeared from the desktop task bar. How do I return the display to the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remaining-battery-life-display/e1e54973-b44f-4ef3-88d0-3ac653d544f8