Windows 10: Battery Not Charging

Discus and support Battery Not Charging in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My power icon in the Sys Tray says "98% Avail- Plugged in but Not Charging" WTH does THAT mean. I've been charging my phone on it ever since I got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gplea, Mar 16, 2017.

1. gplea Win User

Battery Not Charging

My power icon in the Sys Tray says "98% Avail- Plugged in but Not Charging" WTH does THAT mean. I've been charging my phone on it ever since I got this piece of trash, even last night, and I've never seen that msg. Of course, the useless broad, Contana couldn't tell me anything either. PLEEZE HELP??*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

:)

gplea, Mar 16, 2017
  2. G.Ilex Win User

window phone and continuum

You can't only way is to unplug the phone.

But don't worry about the battery and the charging. It stops the normal charging routine if the battery is fully charged and the dock will switch to a different charging pattern, that will keep the battery charged but will not overload it.

The dock will switch to trickle charging if your battery is fully charged

G.Ilex, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Power cable plugged in on LG gram 15 Laptop charging to 80% then stop charging any further. (plugged in, not charging)

Anyone has the same problem with your new LG Gram 15 laptop with battery charging. My computer with the power cable plugged in to charge the battery. I notice that the battery charged up to 80% then stop charging any further. The battery indicates 80% (plugged
    in, not charging). The battery won't charge any further but it won't drop with the power cable plugged.

could anyone advise the solution of this matter to enable the battery fully charged for longer lasting.

Johnsoncsc, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Kyhi Win User

Battery Not Charging

reboot your PC and see if the message goes away

5. There are several reasons a laptop battery having trouble charging:

1. Unplug the laptop and wait for a second then plug it on different outlet.
    2. Examine the entire cord,there should not be any tear. If it smell like burnt plastic then immediately change it.
    3. Shut down your laptop, then unplug it and remove the battery.

robertosburn, Mar 16, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Not sure about ASUS, but I do know that Dell use a chip in their chargers now, to make sure you use an authentic Dell charger. These chips go bad, and your laptop will stop charging or charge at a very slow rate - so slow, that the only way to get the thing charged is to shut it down and leave it plugged in overnight.

And, batteries going bad, will stop charging.

simrick, Mar 17, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    That sounds normal. After charging many batteries will not recharge again until they fall under a certain percentage (90 or 95%). This is to make them last longer. Even if you are running on mains power your battery will drain a little each day and will eventually go under the threshold and charge up again.

If you want to be sure it is working as it should, disconnect the power cable, run it on battery until it is 50% or so and then plug it in again.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Battery Not Charging

1. Battery Not Charging - Similar Threads - Battery Charging

2. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  3. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  4. my battery not charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery not charge: after last update my battery doesnt charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charge/855c1c29-6999-4ca0-851f-28f0bdfecfe9
  5. my battery not charge

my battery not charge: after last update my battery doesnt charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charge/855c1c29-6999-4ca0-851f-28f0bdfecfe9
  6. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...
  7. How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging

How to use the "on battery" power management while actually charging: Hi Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I haven't found any solution to this yet. I've owned several laptops Lenovo and Dell running windows and they all do the same every single time:They are nice and cool when unplugged to save battery of course, but once...
  8. Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.: Laptop I have is gigabyte aero 15kc with i7 10870h + rtx 3060. I reset my battery manually and made sure that no apps use dGPU. Checked usage in task menager and nothing is drawing significant power. Currently I have 6 tabs open and charge rate is -30841mW... This is all on...
  9. Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.

Why is my laptop battery charge rate over -20000mW when idle.: Laptop I have is gigabyte aero 15kc with i7 10870h + rtx 3060. I reset my battery manually and made sure that no apps use dGPU. Checked usage in task menager and nothing is drawing significant power. Currently I have 6 tabs open and charge rate is -30841mW... This is all on...
  10. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....