Windows 10: Battery Percentage Difference

Discus and support Battery Percentage Difference in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Laptop's facing a Battery Percentage Difference Issue Asus FX553VE - Windows 10 Home Single Language v1803 Build 17134.167 When I hover my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kunal_Jain, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Battery Percentage Difference

My Laptop's facing a Battery Percentage Difference Issue

Asus FX553VE - Windows 10 Home Single Language v1803 Build 17134.167

When I hover my mouse over the battery icon on the Desktop it shows for example given below 82%, but on clicking the icon it says 81%.

So there's always a 1% difference. I updated to the Fall Creators Update on the day I bought the Laptop and got to know about this issue after updating as before that I didn't notice so I'm not sure whether the problem pertained before updating.

Below is the Screenshot of the Issue -

Battery Percentage Difference 172d80c0-0581-46cf-97cf-8e168bbbacf2?upload=true.png

Battery Percentage Difference 1ed77b48-2823-448e-9bf7-0112f0be73de?upload=true.png

:)

Kunal_Jain, Jul 19, 2018

2. Battery Percentage Windows 10

It makes no sense to not have a battery percentage indicator on mouseover. Clicking on the icon to see the percentage leftover is an extra step I'd rather not take.

RyanColby1984, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Kai Ponte Win User
    how to show battery percentage

I've been searching and looking at the settings. Isn't there a way to show the battery percentage on the status bar at the top of the screen? Seems obvious this should be present but I can't find it.

Here's what I found in a search - a very old request - https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/.../3543458-battery-percentage-at-the-status-bar

Here's what I mean - In the picture below, you see my home screen. The battery percentage is not shown. I see a somewhat descriptive icon of a bettery, but would like to see the percentage.

Battery Percentage Difference d1bb5f5e-9cc0-480a-b185-4a27ed287646.png

In order to see percentage, I have to actively swipe down as in the picture below -

Battery Percentage Difference a0bf7f86-f08f-4ff5-920f-740cfbb0a0a6.png

By comparison, here's the home screen on my older Android-based screen. You can see the percentage of the battery next to the icon.

I'm assuming iOS does this also -

Battery Percentage Difference 97c67c1c-b9db-471a-834a-43f910e29181.png

Ideas?

TIA!

Kai Ponte, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Battery Percentage Difference

Battery jumps to RANDOM percentages while on charge

Hi Nathan,

For us to isolate your laptop percentage battery issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Battery Percentage Difference

1. Battery Percentage Difference - Similar Threads - Battery Percentage Difference

2. Battery percentage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery percentage issue: Charging the laptop increases the percentage. Suppose I have charged 90%, then unplugged the charger and using laptop, but the charge percentage does not decrease 90% stays on....... Laptop turns off after 4-5 hours of using probably out of charge Then I plugged the charger...
  3. Battery percentage issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery percentage issue: Charging the laptop increases the percentage. Suppose I have charged 90%, then unplugged the charger and using laptop, but the charge percentage does not decrease 90% stays on....... Laptop turns off after 4-5 hours of using probably out of charge Then I plugged the charger...
  4. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  5. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  6. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Battery percentage alarm

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery percentage alarm: Hello, Is there a Windows inbuilt software that could warn me when the battery is fully charged and when the battery is getting too low. When I charge my battery, after it gets to 100%, I unplug my laptop somewhat after an hour and half; I don't notice that it's fully...
  8. Battery Percentage is not going

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Percentage is not going: I pluged my laptop to my original charger.But these days my charger is working but percentage doesn't increase. This came after the windows update.[my update 2004 ]...
  9. Battery percentage 255%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery percentage 255%: Hello! I have problem with my battery It shows that the battery is plugged and that has 255%, even if it's not plugged Also, it has X on its icon It happened after I powered it on again after my Windows crashed for no reason...
  10. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17