Windows 10: Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10

Discus and support Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus t100TA, with a battery that works for a few hours (like four or five) on Windows 8.1, but after updating to Windows 10, it has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Martel Win User

Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10

I have an Asus t100TA, with a battery that works for a few hours (like four or five) on Windows 8.1, but after updating to Windows 10, it has been reduced to approximately 2 hours. That's less than half. The charging speed has also decreased. I have to keep my computer on battery-saver mode. Does anyone have any ideas whether this is an issue that can be solved?

:)

Martel, Nov 21, 2017

2. battery life is reduced in lumia 540 after updating windows 10

I have updated windows 10 in my Lumia 540 after updating my battery life is reduced. I charged 100% after 2 hours it reduced to 8% but on that time I have not used my phone .Please tell what i do?

arpit seervi, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Reduced battery life after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community,

It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue. I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to follow these methods, provided below to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard, then reboot and restart your system and check, if it helps you.

If the issue still persists, follow the method 2.

Method 2:

Power troubleshooter:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep
    mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

1. Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter.

2. Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select Power.

3. Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

the issue still persists, follow the method 3.

Method 3:

Restore Power Option Settings:

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check, if it helps.

1. Press Windows + X, and select the option Control Panel.

2. Click on the Power Options icon.

3. Click on Change advanced power settings.

4. Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

If the issue still persists and you if you want roll back to the previous operating system get back to us. We will be assist you to do so.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, clearly investigate what is using CPU time.

Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Also make sure your PC is not set to distribute updates to other PCs in Settings (of course, if it was, you should see internet activity in yuor task manager)

Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Battery performance reduced

2. Battery Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Performance: Hi ,Since i upgraded my asus laptop to windows 11 my battery is getting stuck at 79% while charging i tried windows trobleshooter but its not able to detect any issues with the power adapters....
  3. Battery Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Performance: Hi ,Since i upgraded my asus laptop to windows 11 my battery is getting stuck at 79% while charging i tried windows trobleshooter but its not able to detect any issues with the power adapters....
  4. Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Significantly reduced performance after switching to windows 10: I recently switched the OS on my acer laptop from Linux to windows due to server issues on my linux machine. Since switching I have noticed a dramatic reduction in the performance of my laptop. My laptop now runs much hotter than before, my fan is running at max speed...
  5. Windows 10 Update No more battery performance adjustment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update No more battery performance adjustment: I updated windows 10 and when I went to adjust the battery performance, the adjustment bar was no longer there!. Is that part of the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-no-more-battery-performance/e4ac00ad-316e-415c-9f01-236e94d96473
  6. Incredibly slow bootup time, but excellent performance after bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incredibly slow bootup time, but excellent performance after bootup: I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 with 1 TB HDD, 8GB RAM and a Ryzen 5 2500U. In the past few months, the boot up time of my laptop has increased substantially( to about 4-5 minutes), but once it's loaded, everything works perfectly and fast, like it used to. Is there any...
  7. battery performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery performance: The battery icon shows that my battery is near full on charge, however, now when I try to use my computer without it being plugged in, it cuts off completely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-performance/bc4906c2-eda7-41d4-b873-ce21c68c98ac
  8. pagefile is reduces performance greatly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pagefile is reduces performance greatly: Because memory leak in windows, you can't get rid of pagefile completely. There are some programs, which are suppose to deal with that. But on occasion i am maxed on ram, even i have 16GB RAM. And also some programs doesn't work without page file. I have pagefile on hdd, but...
  9. Performance on Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Performance on Battery: I read reviews all the time about the Battery life, or the lack thereof on laptops. Most quote benchmarks that I don't have access to try, such as Bapco, MobileMark2014. Others use video playback until the battery dies but they are not streaming. I ran web browsing test...
  10. Incredibly Poor Performance on a Powerful Laptop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incredibly Poor Performance on a Powerful Laptop.: Hello I have owned this computer for about a year and it has started to struggle with very simple tasks such as gaming on small games that it really should not have any problems with. I cannot play any games without having FPS fluctuations anywhere and I have updated all...