Windows 10: Battery Question - My New HP Laptop

Discus and support Battery Question - My New HP Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr Ed, May 25, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Battery Question - My New HP Laptop

Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the same size and weight of my Toshiba (17" screen). My question has to do with the battery charging. My Toshiba charged to only 80%, whereas the HP charges to 100%. That being the case, would it be advisable to run the machine on battery power occasionally to benefit battery life? Many newer laptops don't have easily replaceable batteries, and I'd like to extend the life of mine as long as possible. I usually run my PC plugged in to AC, but still wish to preserve the battery. Thanks for your input.

:)

Mr Ed, May 25, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, May 29, 2018
  3. HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Battery Question - My New HP Laptop

1. Battery Question - My New HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Battery Question Laptop

2. HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?: Hello all, Just to give a bit background info regarding this laptop, I got it back in December of 2021 so it has been about 2 months owning this laptop now. This laptop is HP Pavilion Laptop 15.I rarely use it as well, only a couple of times.I would say about 2-3 times in...
  3. HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?: Hello all, Just to give a bit background info regarding this laptop, I got it back in December of 2021 so it has been about 2 months owning this laptop now. This laptop is HP Pavilion Laptop 15.I rarely use it as well, only a couple of times.I would say about 2-3 times in...
  4. Laptop Battery Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Question: With the Newer Bios Update on my HP Omen 15_ce019dx, finally turned on battery care--80 percent, well in Windows shows 79 percent available? Should i re calibrate battery? or is that normal, and nothing to worry on. 183544
  5. Battery and Power Question for laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery and Power Question for laptops: If I were to set the "when I close the lid" setting to do nothing, but set the "Hibernate after this amount of time" to 10 min. Will the computer hibernate after the 10 min if I shut the lid? Or will it continue to run? Basically I want to be able to shut the lid but if I...
  6. HP laptop question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP laptop question: Is it safe to enable legacy boot? thanks submitted by /u/rfitzs032 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4n57l/hp_laptop_question/
  7. HP Laptop battery ?

HP Laptop battery ?: Just purchased a: HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop Wondering if leaving it plugged in all the time will hurt the battery. 99.9% of the time it is on my desk. Also - better to turn it off at night or leave it on 24/7 154662
  8. HP Omen Gaming Laptop Battery Status Question

HP Omen Gaming Laptop Battery Status Question: Hello All Windows 10 Home 1909 18363.476 x64 Antivirus: Windows Defender Antivirus/Malwarebytes 4.0 Free Anyways wondering if battery status is fine, I try to use it some days on battery a while to about 20 percent, then recharge back to 100, then keep use it on A/C next...
  9. My New HP Laptop, Battery Question

in Windows 10 Support
    My New HP Laptop, Battery Question: Well, my trusty Toshiba laptop died the other day. Wouldn't turn on at all (probably bad mother board). So, I went and purchased a new HP laptop, the same size and weight of my Toshiba (17" screen). My question has to do with the battery charging. My Toshiba charged to only...
  10. HP Laptop battery ?

HP Laptop battery ?: I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual. I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy battery not detected