Windows 10: Battery says 79% available and not charging

Discus and support Battery says 79% available and not charging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all... My Toshiba Laptop says it has a remaining battery charge of 79%. It then says it's not charging. It's supposed to charge up to 100%. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, May 25, 2017.

1. Battery says 79% available and not charging

Hi all...

My Toshiba Laptop says it has a remaining battery charge of 79%. It then says it's not charging. It's supposed to charge up to 100%. There is an application that has to do with the battery life from Toshiba that says "No Peak Shift Patch". It says to install it before the "TOSHIBA eco Utility". When I installed the "No Peak Shift Patch" application, that is when I started seeing my battery not charging all the way up to 100% although it still charges.

If someone knows of any solution, that would be appreciated!

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, May 25, 2017
  2. xbroogw1 Win User

Battery Problem

The battery on my N900 won't charge passed 79%.

I don't know what has happened. Even if I leave it overnight to charge, in the morning it will be on 79%.

I used to be able to fully charge the battery.

xbroogw1, May 25, 2017
  3. battery charging

1) the link you gave is no longer valid.

2)

however, my laptop seems to be holding charge at 79%.

Leaving the computer "off" does not increase the charge past 79%

Me thinks between Win 7 and WIn 10, the limit for charge has been reduced from 99% to 79% and the dropping to 79% was normal. If you just said that, a lot of people would be less concerned with dropping battery charge.

( Any chance the change resulted from overheating batteries?)

kirkrobertson, May 25, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Battery says 79% available and not charging

5. @WOT... thanks for the help! I have another question. I just reset my PC, and can't get it to install my HP Printer. It says "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers."

Do you have any suggestions for that?

6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Whay is the make/model number of the printer in question? Are you trying to install the driver from the manufacturer's disk and it is failing? If so, try going to device manager, selecting the new device (either known or unknown), and select update driver via Windows Update to see if that will work.

7. I am trying to install it from Settings.

8. WOT
    WOT Win User

Well, you did not provide the make/model as requested and I can't follow your process to see where it might be failing; however, I gave you an alternative recommendation.

Good luck to you.

9. I apologize. It's an HP 3632 Series wireless printer. I was in the middle of eating dinner.

10. WOT
    WOT Win User
  11. Jesse Williams, May 25, 2017
  12. Landi Win User
    Have the same problem few months ago with my Acer. The only thing that i could do is changing the battery. I check the connector and everything, but it did not work.

Landi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Battery says 79% available and not charging - Similar Threads - Battery says 79%

2. I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...: I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I can't charge the laptop until the battery is 100 so what is the problem ?...
  3. I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...: I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I can't charge the laptop until the battery is 100 so what is the problem ?...
  4. Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging: I've noticed that my battery has stopped charging at 79%. I generated a battery report for my laptop, but the report kept saying the maximum battery life is 79%. Later, I uninstalled the Microsft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI Complaint Control Method Battery to see if that...
  5. Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop charges to 79% and stops charging: I've noticed that my battery has stopped charging at 79%. I generated a battery report for my laptop, but the report kept saying the maximum battery life is 79%. Later, I uninstalled the Microsft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI Complaint Control Method Battery to see if that...
  6. HP Laptop: Battery not charging to full capacity 79%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop: Battery not charging to full capacity 79%: Hi Microsoft Community My battery HP Laptop is not charging to full capacity of 100% and I have tried all settings related to power options but in vain. Can anyone help please? Thank you....
  7. Why is my laptop battery charge topping at 79%?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my laptop battery charge topping at 79%?: This pertains to a 2 1/2 year old HP laptop. I run it plugged in most of the time, but once a week I'll start the day unplugging it, and leaving it unplugged until it gets down below 10%, which usually takes about 5-6 hours. Late last week, I got a Windows notification I'd...
  8. Battery only charging to 79% or 80%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery only charging to 79% or 80%: I had this problem in the past and it turned out you can set a battery saver mode which doesn't allow the battery to charge to 100%. I changed it then but I guess the computer updated or something and I can't find this setting anywhere. It doesn't seem to be under anything...
  9. Battery says plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery says plugged in but not charging: Hello, I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270 and up until a few days ago I had no problems charging my two batteries. Now, however, Battery 2 will not charge beyond 3% and Battery 1 will charge only up to 53% and then it stops charging. I can not remove the battery from the...
  10. battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery says that 255% battery available (plugged in): I have problem with Windows 10 I used Windows 10 PRO 1909 version in my laptop ASUS ROG GL753vd drivers are updated battery says that "255% battery avaiable (plugged in).WHAT IS THAT????When unplugged laptop is off suddenly.Windows 10 destroyed my laptop and its battery.I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbroogw1