Windows 10: BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

Discus and support BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My device is ACER ASPIRER3-131T and its one year old device,no issues in battery usage but while charging at level between 90 to 98 percent It's saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshishMahapatra1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

My device is ACER ASPIRER3-131T and its one year old device,no issues in battery usage but while charging at level between 90 to 98 percent It's saying more 20 to 30 mins remaining to full charge!how is it possible?pls any solution to it?

:)

AshishMahapatra1, Aug 15, 2018

2. BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

Let’s try these steps:

Turn off your laptop. Unplug the power source, and dislodge the battery. Push and hold the power button down for 15 seconds. This will drain any remaining juice on the motherboard that could be causing an issue.

Put the battery back in, and plug back in the charger. Once the pc is on, click start, and type “device manager” - once open, expand batteries. Right click on ONLY “Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery” and uninstall.

Reboot. Upon reboot, go back into device manager. It should have reinstalled, but if not, click action and scan for new hardware changes and it should install.

Once this is done, see if it still says 20-30 minutes remaining!

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Wrong Battery Indicator

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the system is showing wrong information on the battery meter. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

• Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.
    Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/battery-meter-frequently-asked-questions

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 25, 2018
  4. BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

1. BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION - Similar Threads - BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

2. something wrong with battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something wrong with battery: I think something wrong with my laptop battery can you please check.i have battery health reportlink:-Battery Health Report Link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-wrong-with-battery/4e8fb56d-a1e2-4796-a50a-7756b51225d5
  3. something wrong with battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something wrong with battery: I think something wrong with my laptop battery can you please check.i have battery health reportlink:-Battery Health Report Link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-wrong-with-battery/4e8fb56d-a1e2-4796-a50a-7756b51225d5
  4. Storage Setting shows Wrong Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Setting shows Wrong Information: Hi I am user windows 10.I have a lenovo ideapad i7Recently I encountered an problem that is So Irritating.In this screenshot the drive is corrupted and I dont know how to fix it. Well, I have 180 space free why it is full, and I can't access to administrative parts and can't...
  5. Battery Information Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Information Problem: I have HP Laptop like 3 years. I'm buying this laptop when i really need it in my High School. and i've been using this laptop 1 year. It looks fine until i got some problem on the battery. The Capacity of battery was not normal. It has like 900.000mWh than the designed...
  6. Battery Information Missing - Battery Report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Information Missing - Battery Report: Hi,I updated my Surface Pro 4 recently. Whenever I unplug the adapter, the device turns off. I cannot use it without plugged-in.I am not sure how to fix this because I don't know how to get/load this information in my PC. Other information regarding battery status and report...
  7. Wrong location information

in Cortana
    Wrong location information: My laptop running Windows 10 is providing wrong location information ...how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-location-information/83d5a1c0-2b0d-47d6-9970-986bfec5810c
  8. Battery information missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery information missing: When I hover over the battery icon, it shows me the battery percentage left and that the AC adapter is plugged in, but the bit where it's supposed to say "charging" or "not charging" is missing. The battery seems to work fine and as expected, and the adapter too, except the...
  9. wrong system information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wrong system information: hello, I own an Asus laptop, model F554LA. Since I updated to win10 I occasionally have flickering screen problems, possibly due to wrong display adapter driver. I have tried every possible solution found on the internet but the problem always reappears. Lately I discovered...
  10. Sound File Reports Wrong Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound File Reports Wrong Information: Hi all I have a sound file that reports it's only 880k big and 13 seconds long. If I pay it in a media player, it's actually a few minutes. I also suspect it isn't actually 880k big as it's around 300kbps. I read VBR songs, if encoded incorrectly, use the first bits of...