Windows 10: Battery

Discus and support Battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I charge my Windows 10 Laptop, It charges to 90% than says "Plugged in, not charging" how can I fix that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KaitlynJohnson1, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Battery

When I charge my Windows 10 Laptop, It charges to 90% than says "Plugged in, not charging" how can I fix that?

:)

KaitlynJohnson1, Jul 13, 2018

2. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 13, 2018
  3. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Jul 13, 2018
  4. kenkickr Win User

Battery

Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Battery

1. Battery - Similar Threads - Battery

2. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  3. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  4. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?: I have had an XPS 15 for almost exactly a year, and I was noticing that my estimated battery life was also around 2 hours even when fully charged, screen at minimum brightness, doing basic tasks. I checked my battery report. For some reason I cannot attach a image, but the...
  6. Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?

Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?: I have had an XPS 15 for almost exactly a year, and I was noticing that my estimated battery life was also around 2 hours even when fully charged, screen at minimum brightness, doing basic tasks. I checked my battery report. For some reason I cannot attach a image, but the...
  7. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  8. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  9. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...