Windows 10: Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash

Discus and support Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had windows 8.1 pro and I upgraded to windows 10. I had battlefield bad company 2 installed and working fine. Now yesterday I decided to install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chocolade, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Chocolade Win User

Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash

I had windows 8.1 pro and I upgraded to windows 10. I had battlefield bad company 2 installed and working fine.
    Now yesterday I decided to install a new clean window 10. After that I installed the game battlefield bad company 2 again.
    Since then the game is not working good.

When i'm running the game I see the intros in the start after the last intro the dolby intro the game think for few second but instead loading and showing the main menu the game just crash back to the desktop. No messages erorrs.

My windows 10 is all up to date. My video card have the latest graphics drivers.
    I tried running the game as admin I also trued to change the compatability of the file BFBC2Game.exe to run as windows 7 windows 8 admin nothing solved the problem. And yesterday the game was working fine the problem started after I did new installation of the windows 10.

I also googled and found many others have the same problem but I couldn't find any solution.

Any ideas what can be done ?

:)

Chocolade, Apr 15, 2016

2. Computer freezes while playing Battlefield Bad Company 2

Original title:- bfbc2

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, my computer freezes while playing Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I've been playing the game for several years with no problems before this.

ClaudioCriscuolo, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Boyzo2964 Win User
    Xbox one S

Hy am thinking about getting a new Xbox One S and I was wondering if I could play games like Gta5 and battlefield hardline battlefield 4 battlefield 3 battlefield bad company and other games like that and all these games I have are Xbox 360 and all I
    want to know is that if I can play these games on the Xbox one S

Boyzo2964, Apr 15, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

How did you install the game? Through steam, or origin?

5. Chocolade Win User
    I installed the game through steam.

Chocolade, Apr 15, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    I have this game and is working fine under Windows 10 Pro even after a few clean installs over time. You might be missing DirectX 9 & 10 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x86 or x64. As Dude said how was it installed, should be through Origin and then it should of installed these items as they would be downloaded right before the first start of the game.

jds63, Apr 15, 2016
  7. Archie123 Win User
    have you tried forcing DX9?

Goto Documents folder , find BFBC2 folder , open settings.ini
    Find "DxVersion=auto"

Change "auto" to "9" then save

at least i think thats where the folder is i dont have the game installed right now if its not there use the search function

it looks pretty bad in DX9 but if it starts youll know its a direct x issue

Archie123, Apr 15, 2016
  8. Dude Win User

Also make sure punkbuster is updated. Forgot to mention, verify the game cache

9. jds63 Win User
    Not in Documents folder for me only game settings there. If installed through Origin will be in Program Files (x86)> Origin Games> Battlefield Bad Company 2 >_installer >DirectX > Redist , there is a setup file to run DirectX 9 & 10.

For Microsoft Visual C++ Redist similar location, Program Files (x86)> Origin Games> Battlefield Bad Company 2 >_installer >vc > vc2005sp1 > redist. Find both x86 and x64.

Also get DirectX here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=34429

Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash [​IMG]

Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash [​IMG]

jds63, Apr 16, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    Verify game cache is a good idea, but PunkBuster is not required to run the game as i do not use it on a few games.
    Needed for multiplayer online only, to prevent cheating.

jds63, Apr 16, 2016
  11. Dude Win User
    Punkbuster out of date has been known to crash the game, sp/mp doesn't matter. Yes it only is used in MP, but can still give the CTD at boot

http://forums.evga.com/BFBC2-Crashin...-m1220669.aspx

12. jds63 Win User
    Also talking about Graphics drivers which were not mentioned here as a possible cause. I have PunkBuster installed because some games do it automatically without giving you a chose to not install it, so i just disabled it in services.msc because i do not use it and heard about it being a security risk.

Now that i think of it, if it was a DirectX issue or a Visual C++ thread starter would get an error message when the game did not load.
    Check DXDIAG.

jds63, Apr 16, 2016
  13. JaKSLaP Win User

I have tried everything stated above and nothing works, i am thinking its a Punkbuster issue, because everytime while playing, once punkbuster gets installed around 20 minutes later the game crashes.
    i checked the event viewer and its always 20 minutes after punkbuster is installed.

JaKSLaP, Oct 18, 2016
  14. - it should run like a train with that GFX card, JaKSLaP..
    - make sure that you have the AMD HD Sound installed..
    - you can install it via a repair, if you didn't tick it first time round..

BugMeister, Oct 19, 2016
  15. JaKSLaP Win User
    Thanks But that didnt help, i got it fixed by following this method.

[youtube]qh7ayrsynr0[/youtube]

JaKSLaP, Oct 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash - Similar Threads - Battlefield bad company

2. Bad Company

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Company: Hi... I ordered a referb desktop with Windows 10. What came was a Windows Enterprise machine with Windows 10 referb key, and of course it did not work. A $ loss to return means I will not send back (stubborn). It runs fine, but needs registered to got to settings I...
  3. Battlefield 3 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 3 not working: I downloaded bf3 from steam and was playing it for a week but after the new windows update version 2004, it does not work. If anyone has a solution please help me out....
  4. why is this company so bad?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why is this company so bad?: why? seriously, why? Nothing related to microsoft at all works ever not once. I am in the store fighting to buy and download a game wont work I am in account settings fighting to change settings wont work I see talk to virtual agent, another thing that does not work THIS...
  5. Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10: When I try to start the games I get an error message that the game is not compatible with Windows 10. This game was released using Windows 95. I've tried using the compatibility settings but that doesn't help. Can this game be played in Windows 10? How do I set up the game...
  6. Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home: Whenever I start Battlefield 2 on my laptop, the screen goes black and crashes back to desktop ( doesn't even reach the point where it says 'EA Games'. Please help me to fix and play, just to get the offline part working. I'm not bothered about going online. I started the...
  7. Why battlefield bad company 2 crash after intros on windows 10 after installed new copy of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why battlefield bad company 2 crash after intros on windows 10 after installed new copy of...: I had windows 10 home for long time. And battlefield bad company was working fine. Yesterday I decided to delete the windows 10 on C: and install a new clean windows 10 again. I used the media tool file by microsoft and made a usb bootable. Then installed the windows 10...
  8. BSOD playing Battlefield bad company 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing Battlefield bad company 2: The bsod happened few hours ago first time after some days with strange stuff. Most of the times it was when playing the game, Some beeps sometimes the game frozen and I had to restart the pc or shutdown the game somehow with task manager. Sometimes I saw strange things on...
  9. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1: I ordered these games for Xbox one. I had toyed with downloading through the store but baulked when I saw they would be 50 gig approx each downloads. So I've ordered physical copies through Amazon instead. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Xbox and wondered what will happen when I...
  10. Battlefield bad company 2 crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield bad company 2 crash to desktop: I have windows 10 64bit. Last days played the game without a problem. Now i tried to play tried 3-4 times and in each time after X minutes of playing the game is freezing for 1-3 seconds and crash to desktop without any message. It happend before with windows 10. And...