Windows 10: BBC codes and smileys don't work on Edge but only on one Forum

Discus and support BBC codes and smileys don't work on Edge but only on one Forum in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I manage a forum using SMF (Simple Machine) and for some reason when using my primary computer on Microsoft Edge, the BBC codes and smiley's won't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sheryltoo, Jul 29, 2017.

1. sheryltoo Win User

BBC codes and smileys don't work on Edge but only on one Forum

I manage a forum using SMF (Simple Machine) and for some reason when using my primary computer on Microsoft Edge, the BBC codes and smiley's won't work. When I click on one, nothing happens. The codes or the smileys are supposed to appear in the text box but they don't. I tried using another computer and they worked so it can't be anything with the SMF software, plus I can go to the SMF help site and don't have this issue so it seems as if there's some kind of a conflict between my main computer and Edge.
    If I use IE on this same forum, there's no issue. Just when using Edge.

:)

sheryltoo, Jul 29, 2017
  2. asheryl Win User

BBC codes won't work in a forum when using Microsoft Edge

I Have a forum on SMF (Simple Machines) and for some reason, I can't use BBC codes when I'm on Microsoft Edge on one of my computers. It works on my Surface tablet so I don't think it has anything to do with the SMF software, plus they work at other people's
    SMF sites, just not one that I manage. I can use them on IE, just not Edge.

I don't know who's problem this is or how I can fix it.

asheryl, Jul 29, 2017
  3. jfrbks Win User
    How do I get rid of this smiley face? Picture included.

That would be great if Edge worked. The only time I use IE is with web sites that won't work with anything else. This is usually with http interfaces for hardware, or servers.

Get rid of the smiley face Microsoft. It's unprofessional.

jfrbks, Jul 29, 2017
  4. sheryltoo Win User

I'm all fixed so I won't need any help. Turns out I just had to empty my cache on Edge.

sheryltoo, Jul 29, 2017
  5. Dude Win User
    Thank you for sharing the fix

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BBC codes and smileys don't work on Edge but only on one Forum - Similar Threads - BBC codes smileys

2. Only Microsoft Edge working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Microsoft Edge working: A few days ago, Google Chrome stopped working, and I can't even open it. I didn't really care, and just used Edge. Today I downloaded Opera GX, and this time it opened, I thought. The startup animation is showing, but after that it just disappears. Can someone please help...
  3. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  4. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  5. Microsofte Edge Forum or Store

in Browsers and Email
    Microsofte Edge Forum or Store: Every time I try to log into any Microsoft account such as the Store or a forum (Edge), all I get is a bunch of BS. It always wants to verify who I am and proving I am NOT a robot is a real PITA (typing in those codes never seem to work). If possible I would like to start...
  6. Microsofte Edge Forum or Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsofte Edge Forum or Store: Every time I try to log into any Microsoft account such as the Store or a forum (Edge), all I get is a bunch of BS. It always wants to verify who I am and proving I am NOT a robot is a real PITA (typing in those codes never seem to work). If possible I would like to start...
  7. Textfields in Edge don't work

in Browsers and Email
    Textfields in Edge don't work: The only specific example I can give is that the search textfield at the top of the Netflix page only stays open for a few seconds. At other websites, it just isn't possible to type anything. 128010
  8. Edge don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge don't work: After updating windows, when I open Edge don't work, it freezes, I can not download files, windows puts it as the default browser but the truth is that it has many errors. How can I solve this issue?...
  9. Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge: How to: Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge How to Remove Smiley Face Send Feedback Button in Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, and Canary Builds The Microsoft Edge web browser in Windows 10 is moving to a Chromium version. Microsoft Edge Insider builds...
  10. BBC iPlayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smiley dont work smf

2. smiley dont work with edge