Windows 10: BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

Discus and support BCD File Rebuild and BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WayneFulp, Aug 18, 2018.

1. WayneFulp Win User

BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery). Our IT department looked up this issue and decided to rebuild my BCD file and was (we thought) successful implementing this solution. My pc then booted from the previous NVME SSD drive. I had migrated my OS from the 256GB SSD to a new 500gb SSD, both NVME. No troubles for a year booting from the 500gb disk and now it boots from the old 256gb drive which I did not wipe on purpose. I boot into the UEFI ASUS bios on the pc and the boot order configuration only lists one option for position 1 to 4. Before each position listed each bootable device. First of all why in the world would a Windows update and BCD file rebuild screw with the BIOS and second how do I get the proper C: drive boot with to way to change the boot order in the BIOS?

:)

WayneFulp, Aug 18, 2018

2. System device not found during rebuilding bcd file

Hi everyone,

I am pradeep and i have lenovo ideapad 510. While i am trying to rebuild bcd file i am getting this error, so please help me hiw can i rebuild bcd file.

BCD File Rebuild and BIOS b4049ff2-98ea-4871-ae1d-0fa5cc5a2d83.jpg

79b7b60a-5c42-4d48-8606-e954d8d72e09, Aug 18, 2018
  3. BradA1634 Win User
    Windows 10 BCD Rebuild

So recently my laptop ran in to a Boot BCD error (0xc0000034) and I looked in to fixes for it and was about to reset windows before coming accross a tutorial on how to rebuild the BCD.

I'm currently on the command prompt after entering the bootrec /rebuildbcd and have this:

BradA1634, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

System device not found during rebuilding bcd file

Hi Pradeep,

One possible reason for this matter to occur is due to a corrupted files. Kindly perform a
    system restore
    and rebuild the
    BCD file
    again.

If the issue persists, we suggest that your perform a
    custom installation
    of your
    Windows 10. To do this, refer to the
    Wiki Article
    created by
    Andre Da Costa
    regarding
    How
    to: Do a custom installation of Windows

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. BCD File Rebuild and BIOS - Similar Threads - BCD File Rebuild

2. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD: after reinstalling the EFI partition bootrec seems to have installed UEFI instead of legacy into the EFI partition which causes windows to give an error io1 initialization failed, i've been trying for hours to get this to work, forcefully booting in legacy mode from a usb...
  3. io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    io1_initialization_failed after rebuilding BCD: after reinstalling the EFI partition bootrec seems to have installed UEFI instead of legacy into the EFI partition which causes windows to give an error io1 initialization failed, i've been trying for hours to get this to work, forcefully booting in legacy mode from a usb...
  4. Steps to Rebuild the UEFI Boot Partition and for Rebuild BCD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Steps to Rebuild the UEFI Boot Partition and for Rebuild BCD: Can someone please Lay out the Steps Precisely to Re-Instate the EFI Boot Partition and the Steps Commands to Rebuild the BCD for UEFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-to-rebuild-the-uefi-boot-partition-and-for/a837e063-dddf-4631-95a5-6b45f94b6560
  5. Cannot rebuild BCD files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot rebuild BCD files.: I restarted my PC after messing with ASUS files on my computer, ASUS is mb manufacturer and I'm getting a blue screen with the error code 0xc0000225. I've searched the internet for fixes and none of them have worked yet. The most promising solution, repairing my BCD files,...
  6. Cannot rebuild BCD files.

Cannot rebuild BCD files.: I restarted my PC after messing with ASUS files on my computer, ASUS is mb manufacturer and I'm getting a blue screen with the error code 0xc0000225. I've searched the internet for fixes and none of them have worked yet. The most promising solution, repairing my BCD files,...
  7. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD: This one is a stickler and every possible solution has been combatted with no path found or no file specified. I needed to use my PC's CD driver to play a disk to install a driver for a wifi adpater. My PC does not have a spare SATA cord so I had to unplug the SSD and plug...
  8. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD: This one is a stickler and every possible solution has been combatted with no path found or no file specified. I needed to use my PC's CD driver to play a disk to install a driver for a wifi adpater. My PC does not have a spare SATA cord so I had to unplug the SSD and plug...
  9. Windows not launching and rebuilding BCD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?: I have a number of bogus entries in BCD. Plus I cloned my primary Win10-1903 SSD to create a multiboot system, ran EasyBCD and that's what added all these fake entries. On top of that, it sometimes has trouble booting, I have to hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete to restart the boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. how to rebuild your bcd bios