Windows 10: BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?

Discus and support BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had issues with BitLocker PIN prompt in the past similar to the below discussion. BitLocker with TPM and PIN - Laptop shuts down after 60 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Jul 29, 2018.

1. BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?

I had issues with BitLocker PIN prompt in the past similar to the below discussion.
    BitLocker with TPM and PIN - Laptop shuts down after 60 seconds

The solution was this:
    open up command prompt window as administrator:
    type in this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootshutdowndisabled 1
    press enter key..

My question is, what would happen to the above command in case I need to reinstall Windows 10 again?
    Will I need to perform the same command or will it stay like that?

If the bootshutdowndisabled 1 changes back again to the previous default state, then how can I edit this from the Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive installation?

Or, is this some type of registry entry which I can save and import?

Thanks!

:)

win10freak, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation? :)

3. R.Ritchey Win User
    bcdedit and Win10 Safe Mode

I have tried these (three) different Tutors they all give the same...

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> bcdedit /copy {current} /d "Safe Mode"

The copy command specified is not valid.

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.

The parameter is incorrect.

This is from ... Administrator: Windows Power Shell

I have gone to 'bcdedit /?' and through the commands...everything looks right as far as I can tell.

Thank you all for the fast answers.

RRR

R.Ritchey, Jul 29, 2018
  4. R.Ritchey Win User

BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?

bcdedit and Win10 Safe Mode

I have tried adding Safe mode to my startup but cannot ...what am I doing wrong?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> bcdedit /copy {Current} /d “Windows 10 Safe Mode with Command Prompt”

I get this error....

The copy command specified is not valid.

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.

The parameter is incorrect.

I have run the Help commands and followed them to nada.

Windows 10 Pro EC Build15055

Intel i5, 16 GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

wild horse-unbranded

R.Ritchey, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?

1. BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation? - Similar Threads - BCDEDIT Command Win10

2. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  3. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  4. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bcdedit commands

Bcdedit commands: Recently I saw a video using these commands to fix a game that won't launch and I'm curious as to what these commands do bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF bcdedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF Thanks...
  6. BCDEDIT Command Prompt To Save My Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    BCDEDIT Command Prompt To Save My Laptop: I found it a week ago.... I do remember there was more than "BCDEDIT" and there was (|) - the vertical (SHIFT+BACKSPACE). That was all in the description, but I can't find it... I should say I have an Acer Aspire 3, Windows 10, and on those directions, it told me as soon as...
  7. bcdedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bcdedit: Wieso geht es nicht? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bcdedit/38c75434-6d8f-4753-b7f1-4ecd6fd21992
  8. Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall: I run WIN10 off an SSD and keep my MP3s and other data on a separate HDD drive. I recently had to do a clean install of WIN10. I backed up my entire iTunes folder to my E:/ HDD drive before the reinstall. I just installed iTunes, and pointed the Music Library to my...
  9. Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no"

Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no": Hi, My Samsung notebook faced the exact automatic repair loop problem as described in the following link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/automatic-repair-error-srttrailtxt/e462bd3f-2b92-4ed1-8b1c-ed4866256f46 I followed typing...
  10. BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid"

in Windows 10 Support
    BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid": I am using Windows PowerShell (Admin). My command line is this: "bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi" I had used this exact command line before and it did work. Now it says "The set command specified is not valid". It makes no sense. So I am suspecting...