Windows 10: BDMV Folder

Discus and support BDMV Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to burn some video files onto a Blu-ray disc using ImgBurn. According to instructions I should have two folders for this purpose, BDMV and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timerity, Mar 9, 2017.

1. timerity Win User

BDMV Folder

I'm trying to burn some video files onto a Blu-ray disc using ImgBurn. According to instructions I should have two folders for this purpose, BDMV and BDAV. I am supposed to type these into the Source Box along with the Certificate. Big problem for me is when I type these letters ImgBurn says the files do not exist. This has been dogging me for days as I cannot locate these files/folders.The Blu-ray discs are brand new and I guess the information is on them but try as I might, they are nowhere to be seen. Where can they be? Help required urgently to locate them would be much appreciated.

:)

timerity, Mar 9, 2017
  2. dhnj Win User

I get "Insert a Disc" message & DVD Media is ejected when DVD drive contains a DVD Media.

Hi Kumar

Thanks for your quick reply.

The driver update did not solve the problem.

I have found the solution as follows:

The DVD was burned as a Blu-ray Disc containing 2 Directories:

BDMV

CERTIFICATE

No problem with this Disc under Windows XP.

In Windows 10 the DVD must be burned as an AVCHD Disc.

Which should only contain 1 Directory BDMV & no CERTIFICATE.

Best regards

dhnj, Mar 9, 2017
  3. Storing Video MTS files.

Robert, additional info:

when dowloading fro card reader we have the following:

DCIM

PRIVATE

Paths: DCIM/ 2 MPEG 4 files. NO MTS!

PRIVATE/AVCHD/AVCHDTN,BDMV,PANA.EXT.

AVCHD/ THUMB.TDN,THUM.TID

None of these yield the MTS files.

if imported directly using elements all files appear and display.

Rgds Ian

IanPearsonOO, Mar 9, 2017
  4. mike s Win User

BDMV Folder

Depends on what you mean by "some video files" and "a Blu-ray disc"

If you are looking to produce a BDV-compliant Blu-Ray video disc suitable for playback on a home video player, the "video files" need to be converted into a BDV-compliant format, and then authored into the proper file structure that your burning program is expecting. ImgBurn cannot do this; it is expecting all of the above to have already been done by the appropriate video software. That is why ImgBurn cannot find these files/folders - you haven't created them yet.

If you are just looking to make a Blu-ray data disc containing a random assortment of non-compliant video files (.mp4, .wmv, .avi, etc) then you can simply tell ImgBurn to make a UDF-format data disc and drag the files into the source window. Many Blu-Ray players have codecs built into their firmware designed to play "user-provided video files" and might be able to play such a data disc as-is.

mike s, Mar 9, 2017
  5. timerity Win User
    Thank you mike s. I thought something was amiss when I couldn't locate those files, now I know why. I am trying to do the latter task which is to burn video mp4 files to a Blu-ray disc so that hopefully should be pretty straightforward. Your reply is much appreciated, thank you.

timerity, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

BDMV Folder

1. BDMV Folder - Similar Threads - BDMV Folder

2. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  3. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  4. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...
  5. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...
  6. why cant i open windows apps folder

7. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...: I was rearranging my files on my Windows 10 computer and decided to cut some files from one folder and paste them into another. After I hit "Cut" and moved them, I couldn't find them in the destination folder. No error message popped up, but I just couldn't locate the files I...
  8. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...: I was rearranging my files on my Windows 10 computer and decided to cut some files from one folder and paste them into another. After I hit "Cut" and moved them, I couldn't find them in the destination folder. No error message popped up, but I just couldn't locate the files I...
  9. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

10. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...