Windows 10: Beach-Cave Login Screen

Discus and support Beach-Cave Login Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, When I start my PC, i.e. from an off state as opposed to wake from sleep or hibernation, the first image I always see is that of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pt001, Apr 3, 2016.

1. pt001 Win User

Beach-Cave Login Screen

Hi all,

When I start my PC, i.e. from an off state as opposed to wake from sleep or hibernation, the first image I always see is that of a beach-cave photo. I would like to change this. To be clear, I'm not referring to the lock-screen image; I'm referring to the pre-login image. Does anyone know how to change it? It's driving me crazy...

Thanks!
    PT

:)

pt001, Apr 3, 2016

2. Windows anniversary welcome screen

Since updating to anniversary edition, I find welcome screen is stuck on "cave, beach" picture and the profile picture is blank. I chose not to use a password to login before, and would like to continue as such.

HowardMatthews, Apr 3, 2016
  3. JGourlay Win User
    Windows 10 stuck on PRE-logon screen.

Hardware is a custom build, OS is Win-10. It's been running for a good 3 years with no issues.

The "net user" command worked, but can't login as Admin because it still won't go to the login screen: it's stuck as Pre-login screen.

Is there not a way, from the command line in recovery mode, to tell Windows to skip the "beach from a cave" screen entirely and go right to login?

JGourlay, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Beach-Cave Login Screen

Brink, Apr 4, 2016
  5. pt001 Win User
    Thanks for the feedback. I think there may be some confusion (likely on my part). I suppose technically, I see three different backgrounds.
    1) When I start my PC (from a power off state), it loads to a picture of a beach, as if shot from a cave.
    2) When I click a key or a mouse button, the image changes - the background image is a dark blue, with a window through which light is emitted. Overlaid upon that image is the pic I chose for my account and a place to enter in my access pin.
    3) If after I'm logged in, I choose to lock my PC, I see a random Windows Spotlight image.

I'm attempting to change #1. Is that possible? If so, what are the directions? Thanks!

pt001, Apr 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2016
  7. pt001 Win User
    My settings for Lock Screen, Background is "Windows Spotlight". Once I'm logged in, the lock screen (#3) works as I would expect it to - the image changes over time, per the Spotlight choice. #1 is always the beach photo.

pt001, Apr 4, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Beach-Cave Login Screen

Do you have another account on the PC that the Beach Cave could be set as its lock screen?

By default, Windows will show the lock screen of the last user at startup.

Brink, Apr 4, 2016
  9. pt001 Win User
    Not of which I'm aware. When I go to Control Panel --> User Accounts --> Manage Accounts, I only see one account - the account that I use, which is an "Administrator" account. Thoughts?

pt001, Apr 4, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    As a test, set to use a different picture for your lock screen, and restart the computer to see what is used afterwards.

Brink, Apr 4, 2016
  11. pt001 Win User
    Ok. That did the trick. Apparently I misunderstood the prior guidance. By changing the lock screen to a static picture, and changing that picture from the beach photo, then restarting, I was able to change the login screen. After changing the lock screen back to Spotlight, the static image I chose previously persisted as the new login screen. The beach photo is gone!

Thanks very much for the assistance!

pt001, Apr 4, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. I'm glad that was able to toggle it for you. *Party

Brink, Apr 4, 2016
  13. Edwin New Member

Beach-Cave Login Screen

I hadn't noticed but, the 'Lock Screen', in it's present form, on Build 14295, pertains to nothing more than the manual lock, (WinKey+L)

Edwin, Apr 4, 2016
  14. CyberTod Win User
    My sign-in worked as expected for a few weeks after installation. Now it is a static picture. And yes I can change it with some tricks, but it remains a static picture and spotlight is used only as lock screen. I have selected that the spotlicht picture should be used for sign-in picture as well, but that stopped working and no solution posted on internet - and believe me there are a lot of them.

CyberTod, Aug 6, 2017
  15. AntJac Win User
    Same trouble as both me, Bree and DoogIe it seems. ock screen is set to be same as background image (Spotlight) but on a cold boot, it is the cave picture. Very annoying as the tips/tweaks do not work.

AntJac, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

Beach-Cave Login Screen

1. Beach-Cave Login Screen - Similar Threads - Beach Cave Login

2. turtle beach headsets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turtle beach headsets: How do I use head phones on this gaming PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turtle-beach-headsets/d4df7ced-ed51-4d8e-ae25-977be7bff398
  3. Turtle Beach Stealth 600

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turtle Beach Stealth 600: Why does my Xbox wireless adapter for windows keep disconnecting from audio? It works for five to ten minutes and then disconnects. Do any of you have suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turtle-beach-stealth-600/d54e1d8e-11eb-4155-9d0c-1e73e2e1dbfa
  4. Beach Life Crashes on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beach Life Crashes on windows 10: i downloaded Beach Life game and successfully installed it. But when I am trying to open the game, I only seen the EIDOS logo and then it crashes. I need help because I loved this game so much. it gives me nostalgic memories. I downloaded Conquer Generals and it worked...
  5. turtle beach headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turtle beach headset: How to get my turtle beach headset microphone to work on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turtle-beach-headset/3e5f81d5-4326-44a1-899c-9954bbbcb850
  6. Turtle beach x50 headset

Turtle beach x50 headset: I have 3 Turtle beach x50 headsets, also I have other headsets as well. I'm currently trying to use discord to talk with my PC friends when playing games on my computer. But I'm getting a muffled static feedback when I speak. I enable the mic, checked the port. Tried...
  7. Cave is blurry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cave is blurry: I have gone through several updates. At one point, I was not having to enter a password when I turned on the computer, but when I do, the cave is blurry and that is unpleasant. And I don't even want the cave....
  8. speaker perfect for beach vacation

speaker perfect for beach vacation: does microsoft have speaker/ music product which is ideal for beach vacation? also, a mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-perfect-for-beach-vacation/46475967-3cee-4a44-80ef-729be1bb10ed
  9. Turtle Beach Microphone Issues

Turtle Beach Microphone Issues: I just got a new Acer Nitro 5 and I plugged in my Turtle Beach Mic & Headset and the headphone audio output worked just fine but the headset and mic won't show up in the recording devices menu. What shows up instead is "Microphone Array" and "Stereo Mix." I am really...
  10. Windows Spotlight has default beach cave picture on every startup

Windows Spotlight has default beach cave picture on every startup: Does anyone know if there is a way to force Windows Spotlight to use a random image on each startup, as opposed to the default beach cave? I understand from other posts that since the user hasn't yet signed in at that point, it seems to default to that picture. However, using...