Windows 10: Before I begin

Discus and support Before I begin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Background: Last year I decided to upgrade my HP desktop to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro. Result? BSOD! (And, of course, near cardiac arrest). It took almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rdoty, Apr 5, 2016.

1. rdoty Win User

Before I begin

Background: Last year I decided to upgrade my HP desktop to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro. Result? BSOD! (And, of course, near cardiac arrest). It took almost two days before I was able to restore to Win 7 and in the process discovered that apparently there was an "incompatible driver". I decided to stick with Win 7. A couple days later my daughter called me in a panic - her laptop that she needs for certain classes at college did the same thing when she tried to upgrade. She was calling from some PC repair place and the tech was telling her that she needed to reformat her drive. I told her to not let him touch it and take it back to her room and somehow we'd find a way to recover. Again it took a couple of days before she was able to get back to her original OS which I believe is also Win 7. At that point I decided that Microsoft could pack sand and I'd stick with something that worked, namely Win 7.
    Now, I am constantly pestered by the ubiquitous pop-ups trying to automatically install Win 10 and I'm deathly afraid of the consequences. Personally I think it's BS that I have to constantly battle Microsoft over something that should be my choice (and in fact I question the legality of their tactics). Assuming that I decide to cave in to their heavy-handed methods how do you suggest that I proceed?

:)

rdoty, Apr 5, 2016

2. "if playback doesn't begin if playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device"

Hi

After installed Windows Anniversary update youtube and other websites videos are not playing and i keep getting message "if playback doesn't begin if playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device" to restart my laptop. Please suggest best solution
    to solve this issue.

I am using surface book and i need someone from Microsoft respond on the above a.s.a.p. please.

RajeshShanmugam, Apr 5, 2016
  3. begining

is there a printer a person needs to have only for downloads, if you signed up to use- soda pd the name of my printer automatically changes. is there a name of a good, simple reference book? what about. the wikipeidia. is there a good site that will
    be honest toexplain what is only needed. does anyone have an idea if it would be best for b,eginner to go to voice command, maybe you guys can install a cuss command.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time out to offer their help ,.your awesome. it has been very helpful. instead of making me feel more stupid. I've felt hopeful and grateful.

ceciliaavilaTP, Apr 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Before I begin

Make a backup image of your Windows 7 (entire hard drive) onto an external hard drive using Macrium Reflect Free and make a Macrium Reflect Free rescue disk on a USB or CD.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

Before I begin

1. Before I begin - Similar Threads - Before begin

2. My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...: I'm a free-lance writer and have finished my first book and hired a semi-retired editor to "do her thing". It was a very professional outcome, and then the editor put a "freeze" on the Word doc. to avoid traditional publishers from editing anything in the manuscript. Well,...
  3. My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...: I'm a free-lance writer and have finished my first book and hired a semi-retired editor to "do her thing". It was a very professional outcome, and then the editor put a "freeze" on the Word doc. to avoid traditional publishers from editing anything in the manuscript. Well,...
  4. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  5. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  6. Would like a notification of a pending update before download begins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Would like a notification of a pending update before download begins: Is there an option in Windows update to notify me that there is an update available? When a large update, such as the Windows 10 Version 2004, begins to download, it ties REALLY SLOWS DOWN the internet connection and ties up the laptop. I would like to be able to determine...
  7. How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires: I have already purchased a multiuser subscription. I have a new computer that came preinstalled with 6 months package. It is out of sync with the rest of my computers. No matter. No company should be allowed to use my computer for their personal use! I must accept risk...
  8. Search bar crashes once before it begins working

in Cortana
    Search bar crashes once before it begins working: I have the taskbar set to show search icon. Every once in a while, when I click the search icon, the search UI shows for a second then auto closes and goes to Start menu? can't remember for sure I have to exit that then click the search icon again to make it work. What...
  9. Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins: Hello, so I have the same image as the initial image before my Lock Screen Slideshow begins. Initial Image: [img] Then the Slideshow begins a few moments later: [img] Is there an option that I can enable to set that Initial Image to be a random image from the...
  10. Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting: I have a small HP tower that after a bit of backing up and Upgrading the OS, finally went along to seeing what was wrong with the tower itself. It originally had appeared to be a power supply issue, however, once I replaced the power, and used one of a similar wattage, I...