Windows 10: before updating win 10 is it required to take back up of data

Discus and support before updating win 10 is it required to take back up of data in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i want to know before updating to windows 10 is it required to take BACKUP (in external hard disk) of all my dada (images movies etc)?? 9883 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pratikjadav89, Jul 29, 2015.

1. before updating win 10 is it required to take back up of data

i want to know before updating to windows 10 is it required to take BACKUP (in external hard disk) of all my dada (images movies etc)??

:)

pratikjadav89, Jul 29, 2015
  2. RT444 Win User

On upgrading to windows 10 , existing saved data will remove automatically or it wont alter the data

Is it require to take back up of data in hard drive before upgrading to windows 10

RT444, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Hi ," Back-up the phone data before updating its software" it mean contacts , photos ... or My OS ?

Sync your phone to Outlook on your computer (to make sure all your contacts, tasks and appointments are stored safely on your computer).

Copy any files you may have on the phone to your SD card or to your computer

Make sure you have the license codes for any software you've installed to your phone handy - you'll have to reinstall the software after the update (if you installed these applications from the Marketplace, you won't have any license codes, so don't worry about
    that - the applications will be installed again through your Marketplace account).

Now you are ready to upgrade the OS on the phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 29, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

before updating win 10 is it required to take back up of data

It's not required, but I definitely would!
    Specifically I'd make sure I had a full image of the disk and partitions (using Macrium Reflect Free or a similar tool) so that I could revert back in case of problems during the install. But it's also good practice to have backups of your images etc. in any case.

DavidY, Jul 29, 2015
  5. RDMcMains Win User
    Right you are! My Windows 10 installed, but wouldn't run properly. Fortunately, I not only had a full image of my system disk (using Reflect), but also a rescue drive, because I could barely get anything to run (Start menu wouldn't come up at all, and Task Manager froze nearly half the time I managed to get it to run).

RDMcMains, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

before updating win 10 is it required to take back up of data

1. before updating win 10 is it required to take back up of data - Similar Threads - before updating required

2. cannot back up data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot back up data: Hello!... I have not been able to back up my computer data to an external hard drive or any other form of data storage device... Can someone help me with this issue?... Thanks in advance!... Oz...
  3. How much data is required to update from Win 20h2 to Win 10 21h1?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How much data is required to update from Win 20h2 to Win 10 21h1?: How much data is required to update from Win 20h2 to Win 10 21h1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-data-is-required-to-update-from-win-20h2/94f324b3-cad6-4880-b004-0cac24ecc735
  4. How much data is required to update from Win 20h2 to Win 10 21h1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much data is required to update from Win 20h2 to Win 10 21h1?: How much data is required to update from Win 20h2 to Win 10 21h1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-data-is-required-to-update-from-win-20h2/94f324b3-cad6-4880-b004-0cac24ecc735
  5. How much data is required to update from Win 20h2 to Win 10 21h1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!

WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!: Hello; when I do my weekly WIN 10 desktop back-up, it's taking 3 hours or more now. I use Control Panel, System & Security, Back Up & Restore. I upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 years ago, but it still says Back Up & Restore Windows 7. I'm using a 3.0 32GB Sandisk, and my back up...
  7. Backing up data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backing up data: So I'm kinda forced to update windows 10 in order to use Adobe software and upon knowing the bugs that some win10 updates cause I need to backup before applying, my question is do I only have two backup options (file history & backup and restore)? If that's the case I'm...
  8. Windows update taking up my time and data

Windows update taking up my time and data: What on planet earth is going on at Microsoft?? Just wasted 12gb on internet data to have these updates all fail! Took me 8hrs to wait for the crap to download & then failed halfway through the install!!! I wanted to use my computer okay?What has happened to Microsoft after...
  9. Data requirements for window 10 updates

Data requirements for window 10 updates: How much Data will be uswd to perform windows 10 updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/data-requirements-for-window-10-updates/99308d0a-fbd6-4d05-ae06-7a660ab78094
  10. backing up win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backing up win 10: GREETINGS, i just made a win 10 clean install along with my drivers. i wanted to create a back of of this in my local hard drive as well as in an back up USB .The image should be such that in case of a refresh or reset , the installation +drivers both should be installed .pl...