Windows 10: 'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye)

Discus and support 'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have set up a PIN and a password. I have taken multiple pictures of my mug for Windows "Hello" sign in. Yet, about one out of every five times I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rjbinney, Aug 9, 2016.

1. rjbinney Win User

'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye)

I have set up a PIN and a password. I have taken multiple pictures of my mug for Windows "Hello" sign in.

Yet, about one out of every five times I try to sign in to Windows - mostly coming out of sleep, but not always - I get the message "Before you can start using your face to sign in, you have to set up a PIN."

What the what???!?!? How do I make it realize that the PIN that I have set up (and use to sign in with) is, in fact, the PIN that is set up (and is used to sign in with)???

Windows 10 and my new SP4 are turning me into an Apple guy...

:)

rjbinney, Aug 9, 2016
  2. MattHyde Win User

Issues with signing in to Windows Hello on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows Hello

when i try to sign in with microsoft hello i get the message: before you can start using your face to sign in, you have to set up a pin. The problem is that I have a pin. and it works. I clear the screen and sign in with my pin. I've turned off the pin and
    reset it with a new pin and turned off windows hello and reset it with new pictures. Any ideas?

MattHyde, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Issues with signing in to Windows Hello on Windows 10.

I'm having the same issue as OP, but I am on 10576. Windows Hello frequently says "Before you can start using your face to sign in, you have to set up a PIN." Unfortunately, I already
    have a PIN! It happens after restarts, randomly after sleep... lots of times.

christopherjtaylor, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye)

1. 'Before you can start using your face to sign in...' (Hello/Goodbye) - Similar Threads - 'Before start using

2. “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”: “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin” It says this on my sign in screen for my personal computer and I don’t remember setting up a pin and I can’t unlock the computer at all. I need help getting passed this screen to set up pin....
  3. “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin”: “Before you can start using Windows Hello, you have to set up a pin” It says this on my sign in screen for my personal computer and I don’t remember setting up a pin and I can’t unlock the computer at all. I need help getting passed this screen to set up pin....
  4. Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in: Hey there,I have a problem with windows hello Face on windows 10. I have set up windows Hello Face, but when I wanna log in, the camera will recognize me on the login screen but then it will give me an error " That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a...
  5. Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in

Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in: Hey there,I have a problem with windows hello Face on windows 10. I have set up windows Hello Face, but when I wanna log in, the camera will recognize me on the login screen but then it will give me an error " That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a...
  6. Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Lost Hello Face sign in.

Lost Hello Face sign in.: I inadvertently deleted the Hello Face files and drivers in the biometrics folder of my Win 11 desktop while I was trying to install my Razer Kiyo X camera and use facial recognition sign in. How can I restore them?...
  8. before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin

before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin: At the startup lock screen, I get the message "before you can start using windows hello you have to set up a pin"The PIN is already set up, and I have tried all the solutions I could find here and searching the WEB. None work.Massively annoying and this laptop is going to a...
  9. sign in with windows hello face

sign in with windows hello face: Recently there was a window update in my laptop and after that new feature of windows hello face came up. When I tried to setup the face it is saying "This option is unavailable" and "We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face". Please help with this issue....
  10. Face Hello - Sign in

Face Hello - Sign in: I just purchased a Logitech C920s Pro Webcam and was curious how I can use it to sign into my computer running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-hello-sign-in/eec796c9-452f-4463-8b0a-bb5d04b577b5