Windows 10: Behind the creation of Microsoft Edge, the Internet Explorer killer

Discus and support Behind the creation of Microsoft Edge, the Internet Explorer killer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Internet Explorer turns 20 this year, but there will be no celebrations. Instead, IE is being pushed off the Windows desktop in favor of a new web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Mystere, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Behind the creation of Microsoft Edge, the Internet Explorer killer

Source: Inside the creation of Microsoft Edge, the Internet Explorer killer

:)

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Dot-com Win User

Browsers don't work after recent Windows 10 update.

The creation date is: ‎Thursday, ‎March ‎17, ‎2016

There wasn't a KB4022725 file.

Google Chrome is Version 59.0.3071.115

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0

Internet Explorer: 11.1358.14393.0

Dot-com, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 8.1>>10 File History

Favorites creation and management is a pain with Edge and the loss of Favorites file history. The use of converted Favorites from Internet Explorer works fine, but the creation and management of favorites should be easier. In Explorer, I see my major categories
    when I create a new favorite; with Edge, the creation of a new favorite is a real pain looking through 1000 categories without folders and sub-folders. Edge is currently by default browser. That will change. I am going to choose my old Internet Explorer or
    equally likely Firefox.

Please help me get my file history to resume under 10 with my 8.1 file history intact. TIA.

Why did Microsoft not use the old user\favorites section with Edge? Then we could have shifted piecemeal to Edge using both IE and Edge, and File History could have been preserved.

This is the worst of the conversion!

Atlanta Southsider, Jul 29, 2015
  4. LittleJay Win User

I am posting this from the "old and familiar" IE. Edge needs to mature a bit before I use it full time.

LittleJay, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    We all know what that means. You want a certain plug-in that we can't talk about.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  6. LittleJay Win User
    Yup....mums the word.

LittleJay, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Chris2005 Win User
    Chrome is where all my stuff is at, so I'm sticking to Chrome regardless.

Edge seems nice, but I'm not sure I want to switch over to it just yet.

Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Behind the creation of Microsoft Edge, the Internet Explorer killer

Edge can never be an anything killer until it gets extension support, no matter how lightning fast it may be.

SilverTelperion, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Alley Cat Win User
    Amen! Web browsers are not usable in this day and age without an ad blocker!

Alley Cat, Jul 29, 2015
  10. linw Win User
    Oooops, you spoke the name that cannot be spoken!

There are also some mods that need to be done to favorites e.g allow blank names, allow in-place editing of names, allow drag to favorites bar.

Also, the left back arrow needs the long click to allow choice of how far back to go.

Ermm, why don't the Edge programmers look at Chrome? This really works for me. They might even look at IE!!

11. Mystere Win User
    First of all, when it comes to browsers there are two things. The rendering engine, and the "chrome" (not to be confused with Google Chrome). The Edge rendering engine is amazing, so long as you don't need legacy rendering support. They have killed off all non-standard compatibility. This is a good thing, no matter how painful it may be for some people. The Edge rendering engine is very advanced.

The Edge "Chrome" is not as mature, as they haven't been working on it as long. The "Chrome" is the UI basically around the rendered content.

Both rendering and chrome will get better, and probably pretty quickly. I would guess by the end of the year Edge will be much more fancy.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto
    Its in the works. . .that mum thing. . .,*Smile

13. Chris2005 Win User

As a YouTube partner, I need (and am implored by my MCN) for that particular feature, so as to not artificially inflate my ad impressions when I watch my own videos, etc. on YouTube.

Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015
  14. linw Win User
    Agree, entirely. I look forward to the 'chrome' bits to come and I am sure I will switch over to Edge at some time in the, hopefully, near future. Maybe after the general launch MS can shift a couple of programmers onto the chromy bits!!

It's interesting that I seem to need fewer 3rd party add-ons now and using the MS browser is another step in the anti-clutter move.

15. Wenda Win User
    No.

IE is simply a better browser. And I like to choose my own add-ons, not have MS (or anyone else) dictate what I can or cannot use.

The only alternative that I'll entertain is Firefox.

Wenda, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Behind the creation of Microsoft Edge, the Internet Explorer killer - Similar Threads - Behind creation Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.: As the support for Internet Explorer has ended some private companies who still have applications that compatible only to IE, switching to Edge in IE mode still don't work?...
  3. Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.: As the support for Internet Explorer has ended some private companies who still have applications that compatible only to IE, switching to Edge in IE mode still don't work?...
  4. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  5. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  6. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  7. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  8. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....: when i open Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and use any search engines (bing, google, etc..), my search results come back with links that i cannot understand (all except Google, Bing, etc logos), it appears fonts are changed only in search results. If i manually type...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer: How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...