Windows 10: Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack

Discus and support Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just lately, every time I load up my computer, the Windows Defender icon in the notification area shows up with a black exclamation mark inside a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Heathside boy, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack

Just lately, every time I load up my computer, the Windows Defender icon in the notification area shows up with a black exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle

When I click on the Windows Defender icon, it brings up the Windows Defender Security Centre. On the, 'Virus & threat protection,' the same black exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle shows up again. Underneath that it says;

'Set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack.'

What am I supposed to do here? My OneDrive is working perfectly fine so how do I go about stopping this warning coming up every time I load up my computer?

Thanks

HB

:)

Heathside boy, Jul 28, 2018
  2. passegua Win User

How configure OneDrive recovery options ransomware attack?

In my Windows Defender Security Center I see:

Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack 5072a69e-55a0-41e2-b9c4-997392c4e11a?upload=true.png

But If I click on "Ignore" nothing happens!

If I click on "Configure OneDrive" I am asked my OneDrive account, I enter it and OneDrive folder opens, but then???

How could I configure OneDrive recovery options ransomware attack?

Please help!

passegua, Jul 28, 2018
  3. How can my files on onedrive get corrupted by a ransomware attack?

US-CERT Alert (TA13-309A) advises some crypto malware variants have the ability to target, find and encrypt files located within
    network drives, shared (mapped network paths), USB drives, external hard drives, and even
    files stored on cloud services (cloud storage drives) if they have a drive letter. Although cloud backups typically do not use drive letters, many cloud storage services do not save prior file versions so there’s no way to revert to a clean
    file version.

OneDrive is Microsoft's
    free data hosting cloud service
    that allows users to sync files and later access them from a web browser or mobile device. I do not use OneDrive, but from what I understand the source data (like

GoogleDrive
    ) resides locally in the OneDrive folder. If that gets encrypted by ransomware, it will get encrypted in the Cloud service as well since it gets automatically synchronized. However, according to Microsoft, OneDrive
    has the capability to restore files affected by ransomware by using Version History or restoring from the OneDrive Recycle Bin...see

OneDrive vs. Ransomware
    which includes links with instructions for recovering OneDrive-based files using Version History and the OneDrive Recycle Bin.

quietman7 - MVP, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack

OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

Source: OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender takes ransomware protection one step further - Microsoft Tech Community - 188001

Brink, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack

1. Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack - Similar Threads - Being asked set

2. .VYIA files Ransomware Attack Variant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .VYIA files Ransomware Attack Variant: So, basically I downloaded a virus, and most of my files became .VYIA files. I tried OneDrive backup, but it also backups the .VYIA files. I don't know how to access the previous things that I saved. Neither does version history help. I can't do anything at this point. It's...
  3. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Ransomware attack on my pc. All my files such as photos, videos, apps, xlxs, pdf and every thing are encrypted. every file extension shown as *YGKZ format and could not open anything. ID appears to be an online ID encryption. how do i resolve this....
  4. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I downloaded one file which was containing viruses and now all my Data is encrypted with .omfl extension and i have very important files on my pc. how to recover all file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-attack/305c4fbf-4a2e-4293-9c35-a3bf07f3602d
  5. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Ransomware has attacked my pc. I cant do anything.please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/f0b64b4b-ea69-4af7-bb37-4f5e4a9ce363
  6. MED File ransomware attack

MED File ransomware attack: my photos are encrypted by MED file ransomware and their extention is now jpg.med , how can I decrypt it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/med-file-ransomware-attack/8023a104-d72e-4fad-9611-7d74b1a247a5"
  7. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I have been attacked by ransomware. Is there any way to remove and decrypt the files? Or I have to completely format my hard drive? Seeking attention to Microsoft community. I have attached some screen shots. I am not sure about the ransom type yet. [IMG] [IMG]...
  8. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Hello guys, i have a problem and i need help. to cut the long story short, my computer is infected with a ransomware (with ''nelasod'' extension on all docx, xlx, ppt and videos files). This has made it difficult to open any of my document in my external hard drive. It seems...
  9. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: Hello Dear all hope that you all doing well. Somone just hacked my pc.my all files stored on hard drive is converted to PPTX.how can i fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/659f8e54-0800-4449-95f0-94604fae69f6
  10. How configure OneDrive recovery options ransomware attack?

How configure OneDrive recovery options ransomware attack?: In my Windows Defender Security Center I see: [ATTACH] But If I click on "Ignore" nothing happens! If I click on "Configure OneDrive" I am asked my OneDrive account, I enter it and OneDrive folder opens, but then??? How could I configure OneDrive recovery options...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up onedrive for file recovery options

2. setup onedrive for file recovery options

3. how to set up onedrive for file recovery

4. onedrive file recovery options,
  5. how to set up one drive for file recovery,
  6. setting up one drive for ransomware attack,
  7. set up onedrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack,
  8. setup onedrive for file recovery,
  9. setup one drive for file recovery options,
  10. set up onedrive for file recovery options in case random.aware attack,
  11. set up one drive for file recovery in case of a ransomeware attack,