Windows 10: Being taken straight into email account without password being request

Discus and support Being taken straight into email account without password being request in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by robleau, Feb 18, 2016.

1. robleau Win User

Being taken straight into email account without password being request

Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my account name or password. I always sign out. I never check the "keep me signed in" box. But this invariably happens. Surely there should be some security measure to prevent this as it seems to leave the system open to hackers.

:)

robleau, Feb 18, 2016

2. 2 step verification stopped working

For some reason the 2 step verification (code number sent by text to my mobile phone) has just stopped working. My account settings show that it is switched on, however for the last couple of times, logging in to my email has taken me straight to my inbox
    without the code being texted to me. What has caused that and how can I reinstate it?

Thanks

Steve

stephen_Worr, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Login page/password request page

I have just upgraded to Win 10, and already wish I hadn't, but will give it a few days try out.
    In the meanmtime, can anyone tell me how to configure my machine so that, instead of booting up and being presented with that ridiculously large Time and Date display,

I can be taken straight in to my Login page/password request page instead.

Ian5184Green, Feb 18, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I have two accounts I access online, one provided by my Domain Hosting Service and the other on my ISP's site. The first keeps me logged in and the second requires starting from the login page but does always have my info in the dialog boxes and just needs another click. My Hotmail, Gmail and Outlook.com accounts keep track of me and go directly to my Inbox. I mostly use Firefox.

Berton, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Being taken straight into email account without password being request - Similar Threads - Being taken straight

2. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  3. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  4. storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason: I recently purchased gamepass and installed sea of thieves 74 GB on drive E and the realized 74 GB storage got taken both from drive E AND drive C! I uninstalled sea of thieves and the Xbox app, I did my best and deleted every possible temp or remaining file I could, but...
  5. storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason

storage is being taken by Xbox for no reason: I recently purchased gamepass and installed sea of thieves 74 GB on drive E and the realized 74 GB storage got taken both from drive E AND drive C! I uninstalled sea of thieves and the Xbox app, I did my best and deleted every possible temp or remaining file I could, but...
  6. I'm constantly being asked to change an email password to an account that belonged to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm constantly being asked to change an email password to an account that belonged to...: I am constantly getting asked to change a password to an account that is linked to my account or an individual account on my MS account. I have followed all the suggestions offered on MS help page as well as everything I could find online. It is not listed in my account...
  7. Documents folder opening without being requested

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents folder opening without being requested: I just did the most recent Windows 10 update and now my documents folder keeps opening up about every minute. AFter 30 minutes, I will have 30 tabs of the documents folder open, which I have to close individually. Is anyone having this problem and can offer a fix to...
  8. Print requests are not being spooled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print requests are not being spooled: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 notebook PC and can't print anything from any application word, acrobat, browser etc. I have two printers HP Envy 4520 and HP Deskjet 2600; both All-in-One Printers. There is nothing wrong with these printers. They are both wi-fi connected to the home...
  9. Password wrong to Computer User account email, despite it being correct..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password wrong to Computer User account email, despite it being correct..: Hi, For RDP Im seting up a second user with my secondary email. When I go to set up this new User Account it says microsoft email password is wrong, despite me being able to login to microsoft.com, outlook.com, etc. With the passwordNote ive i I checked spelling of email...
  10. Microsoft password keeps being requested

Microsoft password keeps being requested: I am on Windows 10 Home and running outlook as my email program. Ihave several accounts on it but the only account I have a problem with is my outlook.com account which keeps asking me to re-enter my password several times a day despite me clicking "remember me" box - why is...