Windows 10: Belarc reports missing important security update

Discus and support Belarc reports missing important security update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My two-month old Win 10 computer (system 2 under "My Computers") is up to date on Windows Updates. Running Belarc Advisor today, however, showed I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gini, Dec 30, 2017.

1. gini Win User

Belarc reports missing important security update

My two-month old Win 10 computer (system 2 under "My Computers") is up to date on Windows Updates. Running Belarc Advisor today, however, showed I am missing KB2538243 (classified as "important"), and this alert did not appear the last time I ran Belarc on November 12. I've learned this update relates to a MS C++ 2012 Redistributable, and I find the two C++ files involved in this distribution were installed on my computer on Dec 7, concurrent with my installing Corel PaintShop Pro 2018. I feel it's quite likely the program required the files involved and is responsible for their presence on my computer. I am unsure how to continue, and I see the following two choices:

I hope I've provided enough information to allow for an answer. Let me know if anything further is necessary! Thank you — and Happy New Year!

:)

2. Endless Windows Update Loops

Belarc Advisor reports I have al my security updates.

StephenPlunkett, Dec 30, 2017
  3. OwenBerry Win User
    KB2538284 update missing on Windows 10 computer.

Original title: Security Updates

I have installed Belarc Advisor on my PC and ran it a few days ago. It highlighted the fact that an important Security update KB2538284 was missing. During the 5 years with this PC (running windows 7 then 8.1 and now 10) and set up so that Windows updates
    are automatically installed this has never popped up. As security update KB2538242 is considered important is it incorporated into the upgrade to Windows 10? When queried the system tells me that Windows updates are up to date!!

OwenBerry, Dec 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

The first and third file on that list is for 64-bit computers and the second and fourth files are for 32-bit Windows running on either 32-bit or 64-bit hardware. I would go with the third choice as the first is for different 64-bit machines, Itanium. To my eyes the second and fourth appear to be the same. You can find the type computer you have by right-clicking Start then click System.

For installing just download the file to your hard drive then double-click it. That's the way DOS and Windows handle .exe/Executable installation files.

Berton, Dec 30, 2017
  5. gini Win User
    Thank you Berton! I should have said my Windows OS is 64 bit. I will follow your advice and install the third choice, but the Corel program allows for both a 32 bit and 64 bit installation, and the user may elect to choose either, switching from one to the other as desired (the 32 bit version gives more flexibility for older plugins). I chose to install both versions. Given that, would you recommend I also install the second and fourth options?
    Thank you for your continued attention and help!

6. gini Win User
    Just downloaded and installed the third choice file. I am happy to report the new Belarc Advisor report now shows all security updates have been installed!

7. Berton Win User
    Good. You may never need the x86/32-bit version but no harm is downloading and just storing it "while you can".

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Belarc reports missing important security update - Similar Threads - Belarc reports missing

2. missing important security and quality fixes on windows update help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing important security and quality fixes on windows update help?: missing important security and quality fixes on windows 10 update. help? cant download version 20h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-important-security-and-quality-fixes-on/587ae048-5a6a-4147-922b-7fe851f28d16
  3. missing important security and quality fixes on windows update help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing important security and quality fixes on windows update help?: missing important security and quality fixes on windows 10 update. help? cant download version 20h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-important-security-and-quality-fixes-on/587ae048-5a6a-4147-922b-7fe851f28d16
  4. "Missing important security and quality fixes"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Missing important security and quality fixes": Hi!I was updating my computer today since I was behind on them a bit and I got through them all but the notice that I'm missing important updates won't go away. I click "Check for updates" and it buffers for a few seconds before it comes up empty-handed.It doesn't come with...
  5. "Missing important security and quality fixes"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Missing important security and quality fixes": Hi!I was updating my computer today since I was behind on them a bit and I got through them all but the notice that I'm missing important updates won't go away. I click "Check for updates" and it buffers for a few seconds before it comes up empty-handed.It doesn't come with...
  6. "Missing important security and quality fixes"

7. Important updates missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important updates missing?: [ATTACH] I've got updates enabled, but getting this message. https://preview.redd.it/2pv8tqxy6zy61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=e93f5f743bfee0c5ccb29700be88e47db6674366 submitted by /u/Sven_of_the_Dog [link] [comments]...
  8. Belarc Advisor and Windows 10 security

Belarc Advisor and Windows 10 security: For a long time I've used Belarc Advisor to Double Check my Windows Security This worked well form Windows XP through Vista and Windows 7 Now, on Windows 10, I'm getting lists of "Missing" security updates that either don't apply or Microsoft has no knowledge of (the...
  9. Belarc reporting secure boot isn't enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Belarc reporting secure boot isn't enabled: Should I be worried or happy regarding this? I know for instance that it can cause problems with dual booting. What is the advantage of having it enabled? 14586
  10. Belarc reporting missing critical security updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Belarc reporting missing critical security updates: Hi all, I have Windows 10 x64 Build 15063.296 (Creator's Update) with all latest updates installed as per WIndows Update. When I run Belarc Advisor, it reports missing critical updates (several KB's). I went thru each of them manually and when trying to install them (with the...