Windows 10: Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc

Discus and support Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I run Belarc Adviser from time to time, ran it this morning and it shows my OS as Microsoft - Windows 8 Home Premium (x64) I upgraded to W10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CmmTch, Oct 10, 2015.

1. CmmTch Win User

Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc

I run Belarc Adviser from time to time, ran it this morning and it shows my OS as Microsoft - Windows 8 Home Premium (x64) I upgraded to W10 Home Premium in August from Win7, does anybody know why Belarc shows this?

My W10 is activated and has no problems, this machine has never had windows 8 of any type on it. The Key Belarc shows is not my Win7 key nor is it a TP key (Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-MY47H) I was an insider but left when I upgraded to W10.

Could this be something leftover from one of the insider builds? I had it set up as dual boot Win7 and W10 TP on the same SSD, I just deleted the W10 TP partition then used windows update to install W10 when I put 10 on the computer.

I thought I had seen something about this and it would be resolved in a future W10 update but can't remember where, if I did see something like that I imagine it would've been here.

:)

CmmTch, Oct 10, 2015
  2. JS72 Win User

Windows 10 Product not found (product key)

After I upgraded to W10 pro I ran belarc advisor and it showed my new W10 product key !!!

3. ajob1 Win User
    Start Menu is not working on Windows 10.

I have since set up a nee pc with a win10 dvd. Belarc reports the fresh install as win10; the upgrade (from 7) version reports as win8

ajob1, Oct 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you using the latest, most up to date version of Belarc Advisor? My report is showing Advisor version 8.5a at the top of the report.

NavyLCDR, Oct 10, 2015
  5. CmmTch Win User
    Thanks Navy, I wasn't using the most recent version *Redface mine showed 8.2g, when you start it and it checks for updates I thought it would also update itself. My bad on that account.

I updated the application itself and mine is now showing 8.5a and that resolved the issue. OS now shows correctly as Windows 10 (x64) it doesn't designate either Home or Pro but it does show W10. Also the product key has changed, it is now (Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-8HVX7)

Cockpit error on my part, I'll mark thread as solved, tip of the hat and take some rep *Smile

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc - Similar Threads - Belarc shows Win8

2. win8 dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  3. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  4. 32 bit W10 OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32 bit W10 OS: Short question, can a 32bit W10 OS be installed on a 64bit system ? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-w10-os/52835896-bb27-4c34-88b2-700a71ea642f
  5. finger print on os w10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print on os w10: Hi. I had set up a finger print couple of month ago. Then I re installed my windows and all of my data has been removed. now i want to set another finger print but it writes these fingers has saved on other account. I fallowed the orders but when I click on remove the...
  6. alternatives to belarc advisor

alternatives to belarc advisor: Are there any alternatives to belarc advisor? 129796
  7. Belarc Advisor Definitions?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Belarc Advisor Definitions?: I use Belarc Advisor to check PCs have all updates installed. I use Office 2010 on two PCs. Belarc Advisor reports each has 10 missing Office 2010 updates (see below) yet they are installed on both PCs. What's wrong here? It seems Belarc Advisor is no longer to be trusted....
  8. Belarc Advisor Definitions?

Belarc Advisor Definitions?: I use Belarc Advisor to check PCs have all updates installed. I use Office 2010 on two PCs. Belarc Advisor reports each has 10 missing Office 2010 updates (see below) yet they are installed on both PCs. What's wrong here? It seems Belarc Advisor is no longer to be trusted....
  9. Why does Belarc show my account disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Belarc show my account disabled?: Attachment 187930 Just updated to 1709/16299.431. Ran Belarc (as administrator) and the attached shows my account disabled. I don't believe it; it's working fine. But how come? A problem with Belarc or with Windows? 109744
  10. Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS: Hi. We have some computers with Windows 8 installed in a public library for the public to use. They are locked down tight with local GPO and is not in a domain since they need only Internet access. We have now switched to Windows 10 as OS on new computers and I was wondering...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. belarc show wrong os