Windows 10: Belkin USB Control Center drops connection after 5 seconds

Discus and support Belkin USB Control Center drops connection after 5 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have TWO Dell Inspiron 15 laptops that are set up just about the same regarding hardware and software. I also have a HP G7 laptop. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by msjs91011, Mar 26, 2016.

1. msjs91011 Win User

Belkin USB Control Center drops connection after 5 seconds

Hi. I have TWO Dell Inspiron 15 laptops that are set up just about the same regarding hardware and software. I also have a HP G7 laptop. I have a Belkin AC1200FE router that has a USB port to plug in a printer so I can print from any computer on my network. All you need to make it all work, seamlessly, is an application called USB Control Center distributed by Belkin, as well as printer drivers installed on each device you want to print from. The program will make a connection to the printer so the computer can print documents. Then, the connection is dropped after x seconds of inactivity to allow for other computers to make a connection for printing. Sounds nice, right?

Let's give the devices on my network names, hopefully it all makes sense.
    My Inspiron - Alpha
    My G7 - Bravo
    Wife's Inspiron - Charlie
    Router - Router
    Printer - Printer
    USB Control Center - the program

So, I installed the program on Bravo, installed the printer drivers on Bravo, and was able to print a test page quickly.

I already had the program installed on Alpha, as well as the drivers, and have never had issues printing from Alpha.

Then, I installed the program on Charlie, and immediately I noticed an issue. The program is able to detect when printer drivers are installed, however the program refuses to detect my successful installation of the drivers. Keep in mind that Alpha and Charlie are the same machines both hardware and software. So, instead of simply installing the drivers, I went into the office and plugged the printer directly to Charlie, and only then did the program realize I installed the drivers.

THe problem I am dealing with is that Charlie will make a connection to the printer, but will drop that connection after about 5-10 seconds. I can watch in Device Manager that my printer will appear (with no yellow excl point) for that same duration then disappear (as if it was unplugged from the computer). The program requires one open port in the firewall which I've even manually created an inbound/outbound rule to allow the port to be open on all network types.

I'm here asking for help instead of on Belkin because I do believe it's an issue with either Windows itself or the firewall. I also believe that I should be seeing some sort of event in the Event Viewer but theres absolutely nothing related to the program or anything. Help me, please!

:)

msjs91011, Mar 26, 2016

2. Using Belkin hub with Windows 10

I have a problem with Belkin Network USB Hub, F5L009 v2 installation on Windows 10. The hub is connected directly to my router and a printer is connected to the hub.

I can see the printer when the Belkin Control Center is opened, I can highlight the printer to connect but when I click on connect I get a "flash" window for a fraction of a second and the printer will not connect. The printer is obviously on and all drivers
    updated and installed.

I am running MacAfee Anti-Virus (Including McAfee Personal Firewall) and it is managing the Windows Firewall settings. (Private networks Not connected, Guest or public net Connected)

I have used this hub and software on Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7.1, Win 8.1 and currently it is all functioning on Win Vista, Win 7.1, Win 8.1 computers at this time.

BERTRANDBAUER, Mar 26, 2016
  3. Unable to connect to my Belkin network USB control center

Since upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I cannot connect to my Belkin network USB hub control center. The Belkin menu is there and all the devices are visible but when clicked on does not connect. After checking the device manager windows has blocked
    the driver (SXUPTP Driver) claiming

The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)
    Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
    Having done this windows then claims the software is the latest

Can anybody help with this problem as I cannot connect to my printer

StewartMcDonald_971, Mar 26, 2016
Thema:

Belkin USB Control Center drops connection after 5 seconds

1. Belkin USB Control Center drops connection after 5 seconds - Similar Threads - Belkin USB Control

2. My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds: Hi! Since a few days ago my ehternet connection has been unstable, as I said in the title it drops to zero at random intervals for around 5 seconds at a time - see image below;another image for refrence; To fix this i've tried to;* re-installl the drivers* update the drivers*...
  3. Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...

Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection at all but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar...
  4. USB Ports disconnecting every 5 minutes for 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Ports disconnecting every 5 minutes for 5 seconds.: So ever since i updated my windows a few days ago, my usb ports which has my headset, keyboard and mouse connected to it disconnects for 5 seconds then connects itself back and this occurs every 5 minutes. I have tried every method of leaving usb ports running when pc is on...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds

Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds: This problem seems to have been around since Windows 7.Ever since Windows 10 came out, I have been using remote desktop connections on 6 different home machines connecting with servers for my past and current employer. I've had an occasional drop but since receiving the last...
  6. USB game controller shuts down after a few seconds after connecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB game controller shuts down after a few seconds after connecting it: SpeedLink Xeox controller It worked fine up until a few days ago, and it still works when tested on another machine but not on my PC. In Device Manager it gives this error: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this...
  7. Remote Desktop freezes and drops 4 - 5 seconds after connecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop freezes and drops 4 - 5 seconds after connecting: Hello, PC (Windows 10) connects through remote desktop to server on LAN (Windows Server 2019, direct cable connection). The screen freezes after few seconds, then remote desktop drops. I tried disabling WDDM environment, disabling UDP doesn't help. Yestrday it worked, but...
  8. Windows 10 drops connection for controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 drops connection for controllers: 2 of my controllers wii remote +, Xbox one with Bluetooth are disconnected when I connect them to windows how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-drops-connection-for-controllers/18374a82-0d3f-4bc5-bd4a-fe58728cebf9
  9. Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting Windows

Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting Windows: Hi. I have a Windows 10 desktop which I built my self 2 years ago, with no issues or problems at all until today. My Internet connection drops 5 mins after starting windows, even less than 5 mins. I've always used ethernet connection. I've tried these solutions:...
  10. Wifi drops every 5-30 seconds

Wifi drops every 5-30 seconds: Hi! Hope someone can help me out. Ok I got 1 ASUS laptop and 1 Lenovo. Also 4 phones and 2 ipads. No problem with wifi on any except for the ASUS. We bought the 2 laptops we had poor iSP so I didnt give it much though and I shared my phone internet for the computer and then...