Windows 10: Best alternative desktop email client

Discus and support Best alternative desktop email client in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mustang, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Mustang Win User

Best alternative desktop email client

Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy.

Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail

Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile

:)

Mustang, Dec 11, 2016

2. Alternative email client

Well you answered 1 question - there is no other email client.

The settings suggestions is not functionality I am looking for.

Thanks for taking the time anyway.

There seems to be a lot of inflexibility and just plain missing functionality with WP8.

Pop email is just one of them.

Sorry, I'm off back to Android.

Not interested in this account or Microsoft, Dec 11, 2016
  3. Alternate email clients?

i'm still not entirely sure what mail for exchange is, i didn't think it could be used for personal email addresses?

richwhite---01, Dec 11, 2016
  4. Best alternative desktop email client

I have been using eMClient for a couple of years now. It works well for me
    eM Client

Atomcrusher, Dec 11, 2016
  5. Ivan4you Win User
    Ivan4you, Dec 11, 2016
  6. Hi:

^^ Good advice above. ^^

I do not use it, but AFAIK, WLM is dead. So it's a good idea to move to something else.

There is no perfect email client to suit all computers and users.
    Some are free/open-source, others are paid/proprietary.
    Some support Exchange, other do not (or not well).
    Most can handle both POP and IMAP.
    Migration ease varies.

I have used Thunderbird (free) with Mailwasher Pro (paid) since I upgraded from papyrus to a personal computer.
    They have always performed well for me.

Several recent threads here on the topic with a range of other opinions, as well.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 11, 2016
  7. JohnBurns Win User
    Same here - eMClient suits my needs. I like it and it's free for me (only one account).

JohnBurns, Dec 13, 2016
  8. Best alternative desktop email client

I use Postbox. It's not free but it's a nice clean interface and easy to use.
    Homepage - Postbox

Cornishman, Dec 15, 2016
  9. Have you considered using a webmail? I have tried all email clients and I have not find a single one satisfying.
    I use an email notifier as an extension in my browser, which redirects me to my webmail, pretty straightforward.

TairikuOkami, Dec 15, 2016
  10. JohnBurns Win User
    Suggestions to replace Yahoo mail? Lots of users will be looking for this soon, I imagine.

JohnBurns, Dec 16, 2016
  11. Hi:

There are only a handful of webmail providers out there.
    Like the big G or not, Google does take security a bit more seriously than yahoo! ever did.
    So gmail may be one of the few alternatives.

Having said that...
    That's really a different subject and off-topic for this thread, in which the OP asks about DESKTOP EMAIL CLIENTS.
    So, discussion about WEBMAIL options might be better suited to a new, separate thread??

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 16, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    I'm currently using Mailbird.
    Simple and efficient.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Best alternative desktop email client

1. Best alternative desktop email client - Similar Threads - Best alternative desktop

2. Best Twitter Alternatives that are popular

in Windows 10 News
    Best Twitter Alternatives that are popular: [IMG]Twitter – now rebranded as X – no doubt is a great platform that has been not only liked by millions of users but celebrities alike. However, using the same app for a long time period can make it boring, normal, hence, worry not. In this article, we’ll be seeing some of...
  3. Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?: I'm using Windows for the first time in a very long time and want to use a remote desktop to access my MacBook on the same screen. What's the best remote desktop client to do that? Just Microsoft's remote desktop? I'm using Parsec for gaming on this computer on my Mac and...
  4. Alternate email

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alternate email: Hi, I am trying to delete my alternate email on my Microsoft account because i want to change my security info but i cant cause the alternate email is not even real, i dont even remember adding it but i cant change my info and i cant receive a code cause the email address...
  5. Best explorer.exe alternatives?

Best explorer.exe alternatives?: better if they're open. submitted by /u/yotalorenzo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibwura/best_explorerexe_alternatives/
  6. Best desktop client for Google Drive

Best desktop client for Google Drive: Been trying to use google drive for sync with desktop on windows but the google backup client provided by google is damn buggy and infact was not able to do a selective sync, Is there any way to resolve it ?? Would be great for any desktop client alternative suggestion too...
  7. best torrent client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best torrent client: you need to have used 2 or more of these to be able to have a good/decent answer: qBittorrent Deluge Transmission 1 of the sites said these 3 was the best ones gooogle is filled with spam from the marketing ppl, cant find any good info (maybe you're better at this)...
  8. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  9. What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?

in Browsers and Email
    What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?: As you guys might experienced in the last couple of months, Windows Live Mail is becoming a mail client which is not performing as it was like before. Named that WLM is hard to sync with the MS server is one major issue and required to reset or re-register many times as new...
  10. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...