Windows 10: BEST Anti-Virus for Windows 10 Pro ??

Discus and support BEST Anti-Virus for Windows 10 Pro ?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using Norton Anti-Virus for 10 years and Norton Security the past 3 years !! I actually bought a 3-User pack on a Super Sale Price (from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wen, Sep 6, 2015.

1. WEN
    wen Win User

BEST Anti-Virus for Windows 10 Pro ??

I have been using Norton Anti-Virus for 10 years and Norton Security the past 3 years !! I actually bought a 3-User pack on a Super Sale Price (from Norton). My Wife uses on and I have one "unused" !!

Since I Upgraded to WINDOWS 10 PRO I find Norton is NOT "catching" everything !! I am also using Malwarebytes which has caught the "Babylon" Malware and removed all folders, files & registry entries. The NORTON SECURITY is just NOT "catching" many Virus's. It may be the setting ??

Can you suggest the BEST ANTI-VIRUS for my WINDOWS 10 PRO ??

THANKS !!

(in Florida)

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

Creator's Update

If you are running a third party Anti Virus, this error is more than likely caused by your Anti-virus, best option is to uninstall the Anti Virus, upgrade Windows 10 and re-install your Anti Virus.

DaveM121, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Which anti-virus is best for windows 10?

Which anti-virus is best for windows 10?

Ifeanyichukwu Okorie, Sep 6, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Good article here and the red links in the article towards bottom send you to test results , take a look. A lot of controversy over this subject.No one AV going get everything as it is good to use Malwarebytes as a secondary scan with any AV you use.
    The Best Antivirus Protection of 2018

jds63, Sep 6, 2015
  5. MickD Win User
    Many many posts, I will save you alot of time! Windows Defender & Malwarebytes Free is all you need really. I also use the preventive SpywareBlaster Free. I guess it would depend on the browsing/download habits in your household but I never had a serious problem with using those mentioned.

MickD, Sep 6, 2015
  6. alexm1 Win User
    I am using bitdefender and have not had any misses yet. I do however continue to have issues with the firewall. I have made the bitdefender recommended changes to the firewall settings but continue to experience internet connection issues, most particularly with the windows store app.
    So, no virus or malware attacks, just connection issues.

alexm1, Sep 6, 2015
  7. Hydranix Win User
    Common Sense is the best anti-virus.

1) Don't download and install software that isn't from a trustworthy source.
    2) Read every page of a software installation before clicking next.
    3) Don't use flash/java. if you do, don't ever assume you need to update them based on a webpage's telling you so.

Hydranix, Sep 6, 2015
  8. azasadny Win User

I agree but I would strongly recommend the "Premium" version of Malwarebytes instead of the "free" version as the premium version scans in the background as a type of "real time" scanner...

azasadny, Sep 20, 2015
  9. I agree with the common sense approach but #1 isn't always foolproof.
    A few years back I clicked on a link on the CNN website main page (don't remember if it was an ad or article) at work and introduced onto my PC a very, very destructive and impossible to remove virus (and I was in tech support). Fortunately our work PC's were easily re-imaged (took 5 minutes). But a reliable source is not always a guarantee of safety.

For my machine(s)...

XP -Bit Defender and SuperAntiSpyware
    Win7 - Windows Defender and MalwareBytes Free and SAS
    Win10 - Windows Defender and MalwareBytes Free and SAS.

dlwmacgregor, Sep 20, 2015
  10. maverick09, Sep 22, 2015
  11. swarfega Win User
    You can get some idea of what to use from this Youtube channel. So far BitDefender and Avast seem to be among the best.

swarfega, Sep 22, 2015
  12. ram1220 Win User

I have been using Panda Free and Malwarebytes Free. However after installing Panda Free my computer has slowed down quite a bit. Games now take a minute to even start loading. And website take about 5 to 10 seconds to load. Didn't have this problem before installing Panda 2016 Free. About ready to uninstall it and go back to just using the MS program with Malwarebytes Free.

ram1220, Sep 22, 2015
  13. same to me, I back install 360 Total Security Essential *Wink

maverick09, Sep 23, 2015
  14. ikjadoon Win User
    The best free anti-virus for high detection, low performance impact, and ease-of-use is Avira. Only two negatives: a pop-up every few weeks asking if you want to upgrade + apparently only average detection of zero-day attacks.

BEST Anti-Virus for Windows 10 Pro ?? [​IMG]

ikjadoon, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

1. BEST Anti-Virus for Windows 10 Pro ?? - Similar Threads - BEST Anti Virus

2. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  3. Best free anti-virus for Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best free anti-virus for Windows?: I have been using Avast but it's their relentless plugging of services and unwanted apps is what annoys me. Today it gave me an update notification saying it's been updated to latest version, and there was Okay button. What I failed to notice is the pre checked checkbox at...
  4. What is the best Free Anti Virus for Windows 7 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best Free Anti Virus for Windows 7 ?: I was having 360 Anti Virus. But, someone has suggested AVG or Avast. I switched to AVG. But, my computer has become slow and the free service was limited to just normal scan. It was not resolving issues it has brought out. Trying to instal Avast now. Please suggest the best...
  5. windows 10 Anti- virus

windows 10 Anti- virus: I am trying to install and run the Windows 10 Anti Virus /Malware module but I can't figure out how to get it on my computer and turn it on. Can someone give me some direction on this issue.? I am not a programmer so coding instructions fail me....
  6. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  7. What is the best Anti Virus Protection for window 7

What is the best Anti Virus Protection for window 7: I have these 7 antivirus solutions for my window 7 not knowing which to use The best Windows 7 antivirus solutions Bitdefender World's Nº 1 antivirus Bitdefender is a powerful and reliable antivirus solution that will keep hackers at bay. ... Defencebyte Antivirus Pro...
  8. Best Anti-Virus Software

Best Anti-Virus Software: what is the best free antivirus [Original Title: Security.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/best-anti-virus-software/a4bde2f6-46fc-4102-bf02-5680fbc52287
  9. Best Anti-Virus?

Best Anti-Virus?: Just looking for opinions on what the best anti-virus software might be. I'm looking for something that is easy to use, does a deep thorough scan, and won't automatically quarantine on the spot. I prefer nothing that affects the kernel such as Avast. 100653
  10. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?: Hello guys, Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10? 76664