Windows 10: Best Anti-Virus?

Discus and support Best Anti-Virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just looking for opinions on what the best anti-virus software might be. I'm looking for something that is easy to use, does a deep thorough scan,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gettheclicker, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Best Anti-Virus?

Just looking for opinions on what the best anti-virus software might be.

I'm looking for something that is easy to use, does a deep thorough scan, and won't automatically quarantine on the spot.

I prefer nothing that affects the kernel such as Avast.

:)

gettheclicker, Dec 18, 2017
  2. shamardok Win User

the best anti virus for 6670

i want 2 know the best anti virus softwrae for 6670

shamardok, Dec 18, 2017
  3. the best anti virus for 6670

Symantec Antivirus is best

Message Edited by salpha on 25-Feb-2008 10:37 AM

salpha---01, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Best Anti-Virus?

Well we all use what we think is the best. So your answers will be all over the place.

What I look for in a security program.

1. They stop me from getting infected
    2. They don't bug me all the time
    3. They don't try to clean or fix my pc's. No add-on gimmicks.

Because I'm new to Windows 10 I chose to try the Windows 10 built in anti virus program "Defender" and the built in Windows 10 Firewall. Microsoft is pretty damn good at security for Windows.

Along with that I use Malwarebytes Premium 'active' and Super Anti Spyware free 'on demand'.

I also use Eset online free scans at times. At time is does find things others don't.
    I believe in a layered protection because no one security program does everything.
    So far this combination has served me well on Windows 7 (MSE) and Windows 10 (Defender).

You and your system may not like my choices. It's all up to you.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I was under the impression they all do that...

I've had Windows 10 since launch in 2015, I use nothing but Defender too - and before that (like you) MSE since XP.
    No complaints so far...

6. As far as I know all anti virus, anti malware, anti what ever get into everything. They have to search everything, every where because infection can install in so many places.
    My thinking is, Microsoft know it's operating system better than anybody so they should know all the hiding places for infections and how they get in.

I can't prove that, it's just my thoughts and opinion.

The bad guys are very smart when they wright bad things.

Jack.

Layback Bear, Dec 18, 2017
  7. BRKKAB Win User
    I've personally used Bitdefender for the past 6 years now.
    Always high on any antivirs test sites list.
    Now for the past 2 years Bitdender Internet Security & Bitdefender Total Security have had ransomeware protection built-in.
    It's way better than Windows 10's version by far.
    Also, Windows Defender doesn't score that well the last few years in any virus protection tests done.

BRKKAB, Dec 18, 2017
  8. Best Anti-Virus?

Indeed, based on that condition, the OP is left with Windows Defender only.
    Unless he meant hardware virtualization, which can be disabled in Avast.

There are not that many AVs, which would not let you choose to ask to quarantine, if any.
    You can use an on-demand scanner for a deep thorough scan, like: Emsisoft, Kaspersky or CureIt.
    You could try Panda Dome (cloud only, internet needed) or Tencent PC Manager (with Kaspersky signatures).

TairikuOkami, Dec 18, 2017
  9. I now only use Windows defender as having tried others. I find defender up to the job and does everything I want it to do.

hTconeM9user, Dec 18, 2017
  10. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 100% agreed.

davidhk, Dec 18, 2017
  11. I have Just Windows Defender and every so often run MalwareBytes.

Josey Wales, Dec 18, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    I used to have Malwarebyte (free, so only as an on-demand scanner) but that was before version 3. Since then it's become too much of an AV and hooks into the system more than I'd like, so rather than upgrade I uninstalled it.

In its place I occasionally scan with AdwCleaner (no install required) and have turned on the PUA (aka PUP) protection in Defender.

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

13. Best Anti-Virus?

I just run the older free version. It is NOT installed.

Josey Wales, Dec 18, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    I tried to for as long as I could, but version 2 recently started some serious nagging to upgrade to 3, with a default of 'upgrade' that was all to easy to accidentally accept. It never found anything anyway, so safer to just uninstall.

15. I use Webroot, lets my computers run as fast as they can. I have had it on three computers for 4 years with no infections. 2 comps now, I just blew up one of the motherboards in my Gateway. I had Kaspersky and Norton before, too heavy, slowed me down. My first anti virus was Mcafee. I was hacked and attacked, lost over 3000 photos, Mcafee did nothing to stop it. Microsoft fixed my computer for free, that was nice. I buy Webroot each year on Amazon, 3pc's protection for 20 bucks. Look at the reviews other people give it too.

CannonRebel, Dec 19, 2017
Thema:

Best Anti-Virus?

1. Best Anti-Virus? - Similar Threads - Best Anti Virus

2. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  3. Best free anti-virus for Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best free anti-virus for Windows?: I have been using Avast but it's their relentless plugging of services and unwanted apps is what annoys me. Today it gave me an update notification saying it's been updated to latest version, and there was Okay button. What I failed to notice is the pre checked checkbox at...
  4. What is the best Free Anti Virus for Windows 7 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best Free Anti Virus for Windows 7 ?: I was having 360 Anti Virus. But, someone has suggested AVG or Avast. I switched to AVG. But, my computer has become slow and the free service was limited to just normal scan. It was not resolving issues it has brought out. Trying to instal Avast now. Please suggest the best...
  5. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  6. What is the best Anti Virus Protection for window 7

What is the best Anti Virus Protection for window 7: I have these 7 antivirus solutions for my window 7 not knowing which to use The best Windows 7 antivirus solutions Bitdefender World's Nº 1 antivirus Bitdefender is a powerful and reliable antivirus solution that will keep hackers at bay. ... Defencebyte Antivirus Pro...
  7. Best Anti-Virus Software

Best Anti-Virus Software: what is the best free antivirus [Original Title: Security.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/best-anti-virus-software/a4bde2f6-46fc-4102-bf02-5680fbc52287
  8. anti virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    anti virus: Hi my anti virus is not activated and i don't have anyother anti virus program installed in my computer any soulotion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/ee86beff-02f1-4265-854d-d048ab2a5b04
  9. What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?

What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)?: Hello guys, Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10? 76664
  10. BEST Anti-Virus for Windows 10 Pro ??

BEST Anti-Virus for Windows 10 Pro ??: I have been using Norton Anti-Virus for 10 years and Norton Security the past 3 years !! I actually bought a 3-User pack on a Super Sale Price (from Norton). My Wife uses on and I have one "unused" !! Since I Upgraded to WINDOWS 10 PRO I find Norton is NOT "catching"...