Windows 10: Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?

Discus and support Best antivirus for Windows 10 64? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know that's a bit vague, given the number of ways antivirus can be 'good' and 'bad' but what I'd word it as is: What do you guys use? Are any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DannyG13, Aug 3, 2016.

1. DannyG13 Win User

Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?

I know that's a bit vague, given the number of ways antivirus can be 'good' and 'bad' but what I'd word it as is:

What do you guys use?

Are any of the commercial products truly trustworthy? Aren't the big site reviews just an influenced ad for the products which win them?

I'd like unbiased opinion as to what you fellas use - what's your preference?

I swore by Malware Bytes but it's not true antivirus like your Kasperskys etc.

So, looking for feedback, thanks.

:)

DannyG13, Aug 3, 2016

2. best antivirus for window 10 ?

Windows Defender is all you need.

Sadly, as far as I can tell, there is simply no “best” anti-virus or anti-malware package. Almost all of the name brands are
    good, but I’ve not run into one that really stands out above the crowd at detecting absolutely positively everything.

In other words, no matter what anti-virus package you run, it may miss something. Different packages may miss different things, but there’s no single package that you can count on to catch
    everything. So it’s possible to still get infected even though your anti-malware tools are completely up-to-date.

Source: ask leo

<<I Run Anti-virus Software. Why do I Still Sometimes Get Infected? - Ask Leo!>>

<Best Free Antivirus Software>

<<The best free antivirus in 2018 | TechRadar>>

<<14 Best Free Antivirus Programs to Protect Your PC>>

Jsssssssss replied onSeptember 21, 2017.

You have to decide for yourself which Anti-Virus program you want to use.

Suggestion to read:

and also the other interesting and informational topics covered in:
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 3, 2016
  3. best antivirus for window 10 ?

best antivirus for window 10

* Original title: regarding anttivirus

[Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Getting Started and Upgrading / Windows 10]

ManishMalhotra{()}, Aug 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi. We've had a number of similar threads asking which is the best antivirus. Even the "experts" on youtube can't agree. You'll find a flood of people all expressing their own point of view based on their experiences.

Personally I use Avast backed up with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

Malwarebytes is designed to catch malware rather than virii so you're right in that its not a true antivirus and wasn't designed to be.

swarfega, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Kilwillie Win User
    I'm using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016. Got a one-year license for $14.99 through Amazon. No problems so far and doesn't bog down the system.

Kilwillie, Aug 3, 2016
  6. DannyG13 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I noticed Avast and their free version being well recommended.

SuperAntiSpyware is a complete sham - I ditched that years ago!

DannyG13, Aug 3, 2016
  7. DannyG13 Win User
    Kaspersky is on my shortlist, I'm also tempted by McAfee but I've always been so loathe to subscribe to the mainstream AVs - was never trusting of them.

I used to swear by NOD32 in the old days but it deteriorated badly in quality in more recent times.

DannyG13, Aug 3, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I get Kaspersky Internet Security free from my bank. It works fine apart from suspicions of being based in Russia.

Steve C, Aug 3, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    How is SAS a sham? Again like MBM its not an antivirus. It deals with malicious cookies and in that regard it does a very good job.

swarfega, Aug 3, 2016
  10. 1. Use the search box before posting

2. Your brain is the best defence

3. Windows Defender with Malwarebytes if all else fails

garydexter, Aug 3, 2016
  11. DannyG13 Win User
    1: I did.

2: Uh oh, I'm in trouble.

3: WD has deteriorated in recent years. I've also never used MS' own software where I can avoid it.

DannyG13, Aug 3, 2016
  12. DannyG13 Win User
    I used it for years, and couldn't understand why it wasn't picking up a lot of malware - I couldn't fathom why I was so clean. I tried MWB and it found dozens, hundreds SAS missed. SAS' algorithms are poor, and so are the reviews. It's one app I won't go near again.

DannyG13, Aug 3, 2016
  13. DannyG13 Win User

I'm going to give Kaspersky a shot.

DannyG13, Aug 3, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I can vouch that in general it's a very good AV. Haven't used it some time but when I did I liked it.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 3, 2016
  15. Beaupeep Win User
    Given the wide range of options out there you'd probably never get a definitive answer. Download a trial and check whatever works for you.

The most commonly seen are products (and their numerous variants) from Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Norton, & McAfee among several others. These are in no particular order. Take a look here: The Best Security Suites of 2016 | PCMag.com

Just FYI, I use Norton + Malwarebytes Anti Malware + Malwarebytes Anti Exploit. I've also subscribed to Bitdefender (doesn't work for me) and Kaspersky, my 2nd choice after Norton.

Beaupeep, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Best antivirus for Windows 10 64? - Similar Threads - Best antivirus

2. What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?)

in Windows 10 News
    What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?): Gone are the days when Windows would insist on installing antivirus software. Since Windows 8, you can inbuilt antivirus software known as Windows Defender. However, is this enough? Can this software keep your system and data protected? This article will look at whether you...
  3. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  4. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  5. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Which is the best antivirus software for Windows 11?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which is the best antivirus software for Windows 11?: Hello, I am Bhuvneshwar from Nippon Alloys IncI've been using Windows 11 for the past two months, and I'd want to know which antivirus is the best for Windows 11....
  7. What is the best Antiviruse software?

What is the best Antiviruse software?: Please name the best Antiviruses software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-antiviruse-software/63bd7110-b391-4907-ab3b-d450285b6fc6
  8. Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11: Windows Defender, which comes pre-installed on Windows 10 and Windows 11, is amongst the best antiviruses in 2021. That’s according to AV-TEST, which is an independent IT security institute that performs various tests to rank antivirus programs based on performance, security...
  9. RAM Ultimate Antivirus- Best Machine Learning Antivirus

RAM Ultimate Antivirus- Best Machine Learning Antivirus: What RAM Antivirus brings to youRAM Antivirus is loaded with useful, functional options that allow users to quickly and easily remove Viruses. But that’s not all, when you buy RAM Ultimate Antivirus you will also get the most amazing PRO Features!Stop PC control takers:...
  10. What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion?

What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion?: What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion? Paid and Free. I currently use Avast and was wondering if there may be something better around. 179743