Windows 10: best antivirus

Discus and support best antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jason424, Mar 26, 2018.

1. jason424 Win User

best antivirus

I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest
    thanks ,jason

:)

jason424, Mar 26, 2018
  2. CJLim Win User

best antivirus

Reseting to factory settings may remove all your data, so you should backup your data using PCSuite first before resetting.

CJLim, Mar 26, 2018
  3. best antivirus

Thanks psychomania, but will restoring factory setting delete my images and phone contacts and sounds?

Just want to make sure before i do anything to it..thanks once again...

raydevil07, Mar 26, 2018
  4. Cr00zng Win User

best antivirus

All security products have a performance hit on the system, even the Windows Defender. Some of them are more than others and you won't know until you install them. All AVs at one point or another will fall for a new malware, most of them are best for detecting known malware. While none of the AV review sites are reliable, this is one that may have some merit:

Test antivirus software for Windows 10 - December 2017 | AV-TEST

Malwarebytes is somewhat different from from the rest, it provides memory protection where most of the exploits take place. The performance hit for this is too much for my taste and got rid of it on my systems, despite having a number of licenses for Malwarebytes for the last two or so years.

My systems have Vipre Advanced Security that has little impact on performance, but both the IDS and firewall features disabled.

Disclaimer: I've purchased Vipre in 2011, with unlimited home and PC lifetime license. In another word, there's no yearly renewal for this license. I'd probably use Windows Defender, if I'd need to renew the Vipre license every year....

Cr00zng, Mar 26, 2018
  5. I've been using Sophos Home, but they are reducing their free limit from 10 down to 3. I'm doing a little research before buying their Premium product. If I'm understanding correctly, the paid version of Malwarebytes would function as a full AV package. So that's where I'm at now. Do I pay $50 a year for 10 computers, or $60 a year for 5 computers with Malwarebytes that has worked so well for me in the past.

DeaconFrost, Mar 28, 2018
  6. Since Malwarebytes version 3 came out with the 4 real time protection modules, it is all I have used. I really set it and forgot about it. I did not notice until last month when someone else asked me, that I had disabled Windows Defender and only had Malwarebytes running for all that time. I have not been infected once. I also do not click on email attachments unless I know they are being sent ahead of time nor do I browse illegal cracks and such.

I do scan once in a while with AdwCleaner (also from Malwarebytes) and Zemana, just to make sure nothing has gotten by Malwarebytes. Both these are free stand alone scanners that do not install. Great for a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

Hope this helps.

Access Denied, Mar 28, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Jason, here is a post I made at Eight Forums three years ago: AV Comparatives AV Test Links | Windows 8 Help Forums
    and it it still good for Windows 10 today(except for the fact that Defender has come a long way and is as good as another Antivirus/Antimalware out there, with built in anti exploit and controlled folder access to protect against ransomware to boot).

The post gives you things to think about before deciding.

I personally prefer Defender, for my usage.

Cliff S, Mar 28, 2018
  8. windoc Win User

best antivirus

U.S and British Governments removed their software from all government computers because it was alledged that Kasperky might be associated with Russian Intelligence. I am not sure if that was substanciated or not, however, the fact that neither governement has passed any directives to prevent their citizenry from using the software is telling. Regardless, I don't handle the type of data that anyone other than cyberthiefs would be after. They have also embarked on a Global Transparency Initiative. Please see below link.

Kaspersky Lab announces global transparency initiative

windoc, Apr 5, 2018
  9. dimakor83 Win User
    Kaspersky Internet Securi\ty

dimakor83, Apr 10, 2018
  10. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Apr 10, 2018
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    With all the updates and Windows defender definition updates there really isn't any reason now on HOME computers to use any other A/V program other than WD. Things like Malwarebytes etc were great years ago but the OS has moved on -- Ms WD is just as good (or bad) than anything else -- at least WD definitions come out pretty quickly from Ms if needed -- 3rd party stuff takes longer. Also never rely on "comparative" articles --these rea often weeks out of date.

Best way is to USE BRAIN, surf safely, just have WD working and of course check firewall in your router --often a great resource but often forgotten.

Most scams these days aren't actually done via viruses etc but from attacks because people have given too much information out over social media etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 10, 2018
  12. Steve C Win User
    Kaspersky used to be good but there has been much bad press on security due to the firm's Russian base and many banks (e.g. Barclays) have withdrawn their free licence offer to customers.

Steve C, Apr 11, 2018
  13. best antivirus

I feel that 99% of people will do just fine with Microsoft Defender for Windows 10 and pairing that with Malwarebytes Premium helps a lot.

I personally use BitDefender Internet Security 2018, MBAM Pro, and other browser/Windows extensions.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 15, 2018
  14. I personally like and use Avast Premier, Avast SecureLine VPN, Avast AntiTrack Premium and Malwarebytes Premium.

Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac Android

Neil Macready, Apr 15, 2018
  15. Starting to get used slowly to Defender, and Malwarebytes Free (can't afford Premium unforuately) hopefully this is enough, if not i'll probably end up restarting using Avast Free if issue happens.

But so far right now all good thus far

AMDMan2016, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

best antivirus

1. best antivirus - Similar Threads - best antivirus

2. What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?)

in Windows 10 News
    What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?): Gone are the days when Windows would insist on installing antivirus software. Since Windows 8, you can inbuilt antivirus software known as Windows Defender. However, is this enough? Can this software keep your system and data protected? This article will look at whether you...
  3. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  4. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  5. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Which is the best antivirus software for Windows 11?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which is the best antivirus software for Windows 11?: Hello, I am Bhuvneshwar from Nippon Alloys IncI've been using Windows 11 for the past two months, and I'd want to know which antivirus is the best for Windows 11....
  7. What is the best Antiviruse software?

What is the best Antiviruse software?: Please name the best Antiviruses software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-best-antiviruse-software/63bd7110-b391-4907-ab3b-d450285b6fc6
  8. Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11: Windows Defender, which comes pre-installed on Windows 10 and Windows 11, is amongst the best antiviruses in 2021. That’s according to AV-TEST, which is an independent IT security institute that performs various tests to rank antivirus programs based on performance, security...
  9. RAM Ultimate Antivirus- Best Machine Learning Antivirus

RAM Ultimate Antivirus- Best Machine Learning Antivirus: What RAM Antivirus brings to youRAM Antivirus is loaded with useful, functional options that allow users to quickly and easily remove Viruses. But that’s not all, when you buy RAM Ultimate Antivirus you will also get the most amazing PRO Features!Stop PC control takers:...
  10. What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion?

What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion?: What is currently the best Antivirus in your opinion? Paid and Free. I currently use Avast and was wondering if there may be something better around. 179743