Windows 10: Best Desktops ?

Discus and support Best Desktops ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Who has the best reputation these days for desktops: Dell Asus Or... ? Best to stay away from HP ? $ 600 range. No gaming. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Best Desktops ?

Hello

Who has the best reputation these days for desktops:

Dell
    Asus
    Or... ?

Best to stay away from HP ?

$ 600 range.
    No gaming.
    Just basic word processing, some light spreadsheets, and internet.

Thanks,
    R.

:)

Robert11, Dec 22, 2017

2. Windows Desktops : Will it save different Desktops when crashing Windows?

ok, thanks Best Desktops ? :)

it would have been fine if win would remember the exactly desktop "interieur" Best Desktops ? :)

fact: win opens only existing own file explorer instances when restarting.

but when crashing mostly it forgets the explorers.

will the program Windows Desktops then remember all file explorers?

it has to save regularly the desk config so.

i search for a good app to do so.

thank you very much Best Desktops ? :)

Clemens.Ratte-Polle, Dec 22, 2017
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Windows Desktops : Will it save different Desktops when crashing Windows?

in short - no.

something caused the crash, if it attempts to put it back
    exactly as it was then likely it will crash again.

Edge (and ie, I think) will attempt to reopen the tabs you had, some apps (such as excel or word) have an autosave function that may have saved the open file a few minutes before the crash which can be recovered when you open the tab.

windows will not automatically open all the apps etc that you had open at the time of the crash.

Martmcd, Dec 22, 2017
  4. Best Desktops ?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 22, 2017
  5. kipper Win User
    Great Article Justin

I would also recommend building........upgrading in the future will be a much easier task and the knowledge gained along with the self-confidence is a wonderful thing.....

kipper, Dec 22, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    But whether you buy or build, the one question is: What exactly do you want it mainly for?
    I mean Gaming? Browsing? Facebook machine? Music and/or video production? Using Office or like suites? Business? Overclocking and benchmarking*Cool

An off the shelf would be ok or even a laptop actually.

Cliff S, Dec 22, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    Seems a lot are complaining about HP's desktops and laptops on HP facebook page.
    Probably the best one is will be the one you build yourself.

MrHudson, Dec 23, 2017
  8. sn00ker Win User

Best Desktops ?

If the specs are identical both are good

sn00ker, Dec 23, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    Great article Justin. I always recommend building. You get the components you want and the quality you want instead of what someone else thinks you may want. Very well written and explained.

essenbe, Dec 23, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    A little more about the above as an example:

A few years ago I bought a Lenovo H530 and was able to run two virtual machines simultaneously with it, and it cost me 499 Euros over here in Germany, and our prices here are high than stateside. For the specs(originally it came with 8GB RAM, but I upgraded it to 16GB, and added an SSD as system drive and used the 1TB HDD it cam with for data and system images. And it came with Windows 8.1, but I later upgraded to 10 on it)
    System Spec

System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Best Desktops ? [​IMG]
    Lenovo H530/10130OS

Best Desktops ? [​IMG]
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    CPU
    Best Desktops ? [​IMG]
    Intel Pentium G3220 @ 3.00GHz
    Motherboard
    Best Desktops ? [​IMG]
    LENOVO SHARKBAY (SOCKET 0) (BIOS Version IEKT31AUS)
    Memory
    Best Desktops ? [​IMG]
    16GB (2x 8GB Kingston)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Best Desktops ? [​IMG]
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7000 series (MSI
    )Sound Card
    Best Desktops ? [​IMG]
    Realtek High Definition Audio & AMD High Definition Audio Device
    I still keep it as an emergency backup pc if my main system dies on me.

What I will recommend though is, if you get an off the shelf one, let Windows 10 install, then get all your drivers(ONLY the drivers from the manufacturer's site, then do a clean install with Windows 10 install media, so you won't have any of the crap ware that gets included.

Cliff S, Dec 23, 2017
  11. I built my own rig after researching and buying all the parts. [see specs] The feeling of satisfaction when I pressed that "ON" button and it booted for the first time was immense*Biggrin There's really no comparison in just buying pre built unit.

brotherboard, Dec 23, 2017
  12. bobkn Win User
    I haven't researched it lately, but I believe that building a system yourself does not necessarily save money. The PC business runs on low margins, and large manufacturers get component discounts that may not be readily available to retail parts buyers.

That said, all of my desktop systems since 1997 (Pentium II) have been home built. It's more work than checking a few boxes on a large PC maker's configuration list, but the actual assembly can be done in a few hours or less.

bobkn, Dec 23, 2017
  13. pepanee Win User

Best Desktops ?

I built my own Desktop too. I'm sure you can find a YouTube video on how to do that. It's very simple, you just need to know the minimal amount of parts that you need to build it. It will save you a lot of money, and make it the perfect system for you. There won't be any pre-installed nonsense software in there. You don't want pre-installed software in there, because that dramatically slows down the computer for no apparent reason.

Very simple computer (this is just at the top of my head, YouTube surely has better info):
    1) An outer casing
    2) A Motherboard
    3) Solid State Drive
    4) Graphics Card
    5) Audio Card (if the motherboard doesn't already have one)
    6) Wireless Network Card (if the motherboard doesn't already have one)
    7) Add more optional hardware if you need them (example: DVD/Blue-Ray drive, more hard drives, etc)
    8) Oh and of course, the Windows 10 Operating System, unless you already have a valid Product Key (I bought Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit for $40 online somewhere)

pepanee, Dec 23, 2017
  14. A little off topic, but thank you both for your kind words. Much appreciated. *Nerd

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 23, 2017
  15. Yes, I've been comparing build vs. buy for many years, and the buy option always wins.
    Plug it in and it works. No hassles. No labor. No mistakes. No head scratching.
    And you get a warranty.
    And it often costs less than home-made.

I went that route last April and got a high-end Dell desktop.
    A local build shop said he'd build the same box for me for the cost of parts plus 8% (but he quoted a 1 TB second drive rather than the 2 TB in the Dell).
    The parts cost was $1413. (Add $113 for his labor.)
    Instead I bought the Dell for $1416 using their "special price offer".
    Easy choice.

margrave55, Dec 23, 2017
Thema:

Best Desktops ?

1. Best Desktops ? - Similar Threads - Best Desktops

2. Which windows version will be the best match for Intel G3220 Desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which windows version will be the best match for Intel G3220 Desktop PC?: Hi,This is Md. Al-Amin. I've been using Windows 10 Pro on my Home desktop PC for more than 1.5 years. It was earlier Windows 8.1.Nowadays more than 6 months my PC's performance is drained out.Which windows version will be the best match for Intel G3220 Desktop PC?CPU: ASUS...
  3. Which windows version will be the best match for Intel G3220 Desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which windows version will be the best match for Intel G3220 Desktop PC?: Hi,This is Md. Al-Amin. I've been using Windows 10 Pro on my Home desktop PC for more than 1.5 years. It was earlier Windows 8.1.Nowadays more than 6 months my PC's performance is drained out.Which windows version will be the best match for Intel G3220 Desktop PC?CPU: ASUS...
  4. Which windows version will be the best match for Intel G3220 Desktop PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Best way to install a new larger drive C in a Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to install a new larger drive C in a Desktop PC: I have a 2016 Asus home-made Desktop PC, Z170A MB running Windows 10 PRO. Drive C is only 350 GB and nearly full, so it is time to use this drive as a spare to store data etc. What is the best method to install a new much larger C drive? What programs are recommended to aid...
  6. Best way to install a new larger drive C in a Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best way to install a new larger drive C in a Desktop PC: I have a 2016 Asus home-made Desktop PC, Z170A MB running Windows 10 PRO. Drive C is only 350 GB and nearly full, so it is time to use this drive as a spare to store data etc. What is the best method to install a new much larger C drive? What programs are recommended to aid...
  7. Best way to install a new larger drive C in a Desktop PC

8. On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...

On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...: I can't quite find a good desktop specific answer for this online, so I was wondering if I should bump up the performance and power slider in Windows 10 to "best performance" to get the most out of my machine while gaming for example or if I should just leave it on the...
  9. Best Way to Sync Save Games Between Desktop & Laptop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way to Sync Save Games Between Desktop & Laptop PC: Sometimes my saved games mess up if i play say Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Desktop one week, then next week play it a bit on Desktop, and then when i play it on Desktop again, the profile/saved games are messed up. Should i just uninstall the same games on Laptop, and just...
  10. Best way to "fit" desktop background image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to "fit" desktop background image?: Some of the images I have for desktop backgrounds (slideshow), don't fit properly, even though I select the "fit" option. As far as I can tell, Windows is only scaling based on height, so when an image has an aspect ratio that is wider than tall compared to my desktop's...