Windows 10: Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?

Discus and support Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, What flash drive do you recommend to get and the amount of GB's I would need to make a bootable flash drive for installing windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrje1, Aug 18, 2018.

1. mrje1 Win User

Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?

Hello Everyone,

What flash drive do you recommend to get and the amount of GB's I would need to make a bootable flash drive for installing windows 10 or even making a backup image for that purpose?

Thank you!

:)

mrje1, Aug 18, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Wile E Win User
    Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?

Windows 10 Install Files Turned 128 GB Flash Drive into Only 32 GB!

I used the Windows 10 upgrade to place the installation files onto my 128 GB Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive.

I later just used the regular upgrade via downloading over the internet and my upgrade went fine.

I went back to my flash drive to delete the Windows 10 off of the flash drive only to discover that my 128 GB flash drive was now hosed down to only 32 GB of storage, even after formatting the drive!

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might restore the full storage of my flash drive back to 128 GB?

Thx, in advance,

Don

DonDoornbos, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?

1. Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install? - Similar Threads - Best Flash Drive

2. 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32 GB flash drive to install windows 10: I’m building a new pc and I need to install windows, what I don’t know is if I can use a 32gb flash drive (exFAT) or if I have to go lower. I looked it up and it was mixed answers for whatever reason. Please help I’m building my pc today or tomorrow submitted by...
  3. Best way to perform a clean installation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to perform a clean installation...: I'm running Win 10 Pro Insider 2004 (19564.1005) and I've been noticing little problems here and there. These are very small, but at the same time, can be frustrating. Performance degradation to the point of being non usable and having to reboot, windows update doesn't always...
  4. Best way to perform a clean installation...

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to perform a clean installation...: I'm running Win 10 Pro Insider 2004 (19564.1005) and I've been noticing little problems here and there. These are very small, but at the same time, can be frustrating. Performance degradation to the point of being non usable and having to reboot, windows update doesn't always...
  5. Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive

Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive: I have an older HP laptop originally running Windows 7. I had upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade offer at W10 launch. I recently had to replace the hard drive and then used recovery discs specific to my computer. I wanted to re-install Windows 10 so I...
  6. Problem with clean install from flash drive

Problem with clean install from flash drive: My computer : Asus X205TA Pre installed 8.1 free upgrade 10 32 G SSD I attempted to clean install 10 version 1803. Does anyone know how I can complete the installation with no keyboard or network drivers. I have the...
  7. Best way for updates after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for updates after clean install: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (iso from July 16). Just wondering if there are any tricks like there was with Windows 7. Or should I just check for updates normally and go with it? Right now the CPU is at 100% when checking for updates/downloading which is why I'm...
  8. Best way to partition a clean install?

Best way to partition a clean install?: I'm likely to want to do a complete clean install, perish the thought. Or maybe I'll get a new computer. This one was fast and loaded, but it's about 6 years old now. Same considerations will apply in both cases I think. I just ran Macrium to backup Win, and find the...
  9. Boot from flash drive wants to install. Clean install or upgrade?

Boot from flash drive wants to install. Clean install or upgrade?: My PC won't boot because it says it can't find the hard drive. I booted from a flash drive, but it wants to do an install. Is it going to wipe everything or just do an "upgrade"? 79175
  10. Best way to clean install windows 10

Best way to clean install windows 10: Yes, I've read many articles, but what do you think is the best way? 57389