Windows 10: Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?

Discus and support Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I saw that there were several packages that I have always used, like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. However, these will not work with MP4 files. So, is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MPSAN, Jul 26, 2017.

1. MPSAN Win User

Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?

I saw that there were several packages that I have always used, like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. However, these will not work with MP4 files. So, is there any good FREE software out there I should get? I ask as I only use this once or twice a year at the most.
    Thank you all. OH, if it matters I use 64bit Win10 Pro...not CU.

:)

MPSAN, Jul 26, 2017

2. Spiderman 3 movie

.MP4 is the best video format that N95 supports. If the movie Spider man3 is MP4 format, you can put it to ur N95 phone directly, if not, like the movie is ripped off dvd which is in .VOB/.IFO, you could get a free dvd to mp4 converter via this step-by-step
    tutorial:

http://www.dvdrippingsoftwares.com/convertdvd/dvd-to-mp4.html

gardenia---01, Jul 26, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Jul 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you describe more exactly what are you trying to do? Author a DVD complete with titles, chapters, menus?

What sort of mp4 files are they? Audio? Video?

Presumably you're not simply wanting to burn the mp4 files to a DVD.

See e.g.
    Windows 10: WinX DVD Author - Free DVD Maker, Free DVD Burner Software
    -freeware

More:
    Best Free DVD Authoring Software | Gizmo's Freeware
    Five free DVD authoring tools - TechRepublic

dalchina, Jul 27, 2017
  5. Josey Wales, Jul 27, 2017
  6. MPSAN Win User
    Thank you both. Well, when an episode of a show that my wife missed is on that website, like Lifetime, they let you watch it online. No problem, but she wants to see it on TV. So, Snagit will capture the video and sound and save it as an .mp4. I want to turn that mp4 into something that will play in a dvd player that is, of course, connected to our TV.

MPSAN, Jul 27, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    The authoring tools I posted should let you do that.

dalchina, Jul 27, 2017
  8. MPSAN Win User

Thank you I will look at the suggestions.

MPSAN, Jul 27, 2017
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

another solution (IMO probably better, more flexible and easier).

1) get an amazon fire TV box / firestick and connect to TV

2) install KODI on it - easy to do -- you can even do it from a phone (android) with app2firetv or similar

3) simply then on the TV open the amazon TV box / stick (probably will be connected via the second / other HDMI input cable) --> home-->my applications-->kodi and then browse for your mp4 file --then just play it. If your remote computer is linux it's even easier -- just mount the HDD your multi-media is on as a samba shareable drive and then simply browse the drive in the kodi app - choose the file and simply play --kodi plays more formats than even the legendary VLC. !!!

4) for subtitles you can (from the fire tv stick / box) within the kodi application simply download subtitles from opensubtitles.org or subsceene.com (or other user selectable sites).

Brilliant application --plays almost anything - even ripped DVD iso's with menus etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 28, 2017
  10. MPSAN Win User
    Will this setup let us just go to the website without d/l the mp4?

MPSAN, Jul 28, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Is the TV a SmartTV and connected to your router? Most SmartTVs are DLNA devices and you can stream media to them without the aid of additional hardware (such as a firestick).

Tty right-click on the .mp4 file in File Explorer and hover the mouse pointer over 'Cast to device'. If your TV appears in the list of available devices you can stream the .mp4 direct to your TV. That's how I watch all my video files.

12. MPSAN Win User
    No, although the Tivo, DVD and TV are connected to the LAN, the TV is not a smart device. I think the LAN is for firmware updates if they create any.

MPSAN, Jul 28, 2017
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

@MPSAN

simply browse to the website (from within the kodi application on the firebox) and play from Kodi.

The nice thing about fire tv is it's cheap and 100% android so perfectly compatible with android phones etc. Also you don't need a smart TV as both firestick and the fire tv box have wifi -- tv box also is lan connectable (i.e wired) if that's better for you --especially if the tv is near the router / cable box.

The problem with typical smart TV's is that they aren't android so you can't really load software on them and they are usually fairly restrictive on what formats can play --kodi plays almost ANYTHING audio or visual. !! I'd 100% recommend the firebox TV - it's only a smidgen more expensive than the firestick - but it's more powerful, has more internal storage and can buffer better against slower internet connections. Smart TV's also can have pretty hideous browsers too.

Kodi / firebox combination for example plays in addition to the common formats .mkv, .mts (captured video say from netflix or a SKY Q box etc), HEVC H265 - especially useful when large 1080p full HD or ultra full HD on the new TV's), audio FLAC files, DVD ripped .ISO files (with menus - depending on how the DVD was copied / ripped) etc.

Both boxes though do come with a hand remote so you don't have to use a phone as a controller (not a problem but a hand remote is a lot easier !!!). Similarly some smart TV's aren't always good at accessing your local LAN - especially if it's a Windows machine running as a Virtual machine where you've attached your multi-media HDD's.

I'd forget about making DVD's these days --waste of time really and unless you can make Blu Ray quality the video is only a bit better the old VHS and it won't look good on a large (50 inch or bigger) TV.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 28, 2017
  14. MPSAN Win User
    Well, I bought a Chromecast and it seems to work. I did have some 10 second pauses but my WiFi is only 802.11g. I do have a second WiFi in my main Frontier FIOS router that is disabled, that does do 802.11N and I may enable that and only have the Phone, Tablet and the Chromecast connect to this secondary WiFi. I just wonder if the 2 WiFi access points being a foot a part would matter?

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software? - Similar Threads - Best FREE MP4

2. best free photogrammetry scanning software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    best free photogrammetry scanning software: best free photogrammetry scanning software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-free-photogrammetry-scanning-software/2281bd97-558f-42df-85ca-8cea9578ddce
  3. best free photogrammetry scanning software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best free photogrammetry scanning software: best free photogrammetry scanning software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-free-photogrammetry-scanning-software/2281bd97-558f-42df-85ca-8cea9578ddce
  4. FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE

FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE: I have full movie files that are MP4 Video File (VLC) (.mp4) format. Is there a free software that I can use to burn theses files to dvd-r? I've tried; imgburn, winx dvd author, no results. Windows 10 home
  5. Best free video rotating software?

Best free video rotating software?: I am looking for something that will rotate videos that are about 10 minutes in length without having to register or pay for anything.
  6. Best Free Beat Making Software for Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Free Beat Making Software for Windows: Beat Making Software – If you’re enthusiastic about music and wish to turn into a fantastic Music composer, but do not have sufficient skills or source to satisfy your fantasy, then you could always take the assistance of some superb Beat Making Software. Using All these...
  7. Best DVD Software for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best DVD Software for Windows 10?: Hello everyone. First time I write in this sub. I would need to do the following question and hopefully you can help me with this. It turns out that I am looking for the best DVD recorder and editor for Windows 10, and I am between two programs: Wondershare DVD Creator or...
  8. Best free video rotating software?

Best free video rotating software?: I am looking for something that will rotate videos that are about 10 minutes in length without having to register or pay for anything.
  9. Best software to burn video files to DVD

Best software to burn video files to DVD: Hey all, Windows 7 had a built in DVD maker that was very helpful in burning video (.avi?) files to DVD*, but the program is not supported in Windows 10. Burning the files straight to disk even from the media player app doesn't seem to allow the video to be played on...
  10. Best free/paid for data recovery software?

Best free/paid for data recovery software?: Hello everyone. How's everyone on my favourite forum? This is probably a pretty straightforward question for you clever guys and gals on here, but one that's perplexed for a while.. I have in the past, when losing data, just shrugged my shoulders and put up with it. I...