Windows 10: Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

Discus and support Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a remote access VPN (l2tp/ipsec) on my router at my house. If I want to connect to my VPN server remotely ,what do you suggest as a good free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eeps24, Jan 12, 2018.

1. eeps24 Win User

Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

I created a remote access VPN (l2tp/ipsec) on my router at my house. If I want to connect to my VPN server remotely ,what do you suggest as a good free vpn client?

I know windows 10 has a built in vpn client, but would I notice any improvments (speed, stability, etc) using like cisco anywhere connect or any other free vpn clients?

:)

eeps24, Jan 12, 2018

2. Wanting to use both a VPN and Local Network at the same time

Hi Guys,

So I'm in a situation where I want to use Plex. Plex is installed on my home PC, and I have a NAS which holds my media connected to the network via a router.

I also have my Home PC (which is the one running Plex) connected to a VPN. I realised yesterday that when i'm connected to the VPN, my plex media is routing through the VPN, so it's extremely slow and barely works. I need the VPN connected 90% of the time.

So I tried setting up 2 user accounts. 1 account with the VPN only, and 1 account with no VPN, and Plex. When I switch users everything looks fine. VPN user is connected via Ethernet and VPN, Plex user only connected via Ethernet. However when I use the
    plex user it's still routing through the VPN (I can tell this due to speed and the automatic quality change). Is there a way to have 2 different network setups (VPN, and local), running at the same time. Be it though different users, and only other options.

Basically I need to be able to run plex without routing through the VPN, when the VPN is still active for other applications.

Thanks.

KurtBarker, Jan 12, 2018
  3. Lan AND internet acces with Windows mobile

You should be able to uee *.* in the exceptions list so that everything is routed over the vpn connection. The problem with that is when you're home on that same lan your device will try to establish a vpn connection. The only way I know to really get
    this to work is to do the *.* vpn exception and run a proxy server on your network. This way if you're on wifi or gprs you will always have a constant vpn connection back home and internet access at the same time. It's not the best way i would do it but
    with the connection manager in Windows Mobile your options are limited.

Eric Hicks, Jan 12, 2018
Thema:

Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

1. Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN - Similar Threads - Best FREE vpn

2. Best VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best VPN: I'm sure all are agreed as to which VPN is the best, so could I get advice. The majority I hear, will go with Norton 360 but if others have a different and faster VPN they would suggest, please do advise....
  3. Best VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best VPN: I'm sure all are agreed as to which VPN is the best, so could I get advice. The majority I hear, will go with Norton 360 but if others have a different and faster VPN they would suggest, please do advise....
  4. Connecting to a Free VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to a Free VPN: In Windows 11, there is the following option to connect to a VPN. I need to use a VPN temporarily to download some data from a website the access to which is blocked in the country where I am located.Can someone provide information from a free VPN which I can enter into the...
  5. Connecting to a Free VPN

Connecting to a Free VPN: In Windows 11, there is the following option to connect to a VPN. I need to use a VPN temporarily to download some data from a website the access to which is blocked in the country where I am located.Can someone provide information from a free VPN which I can enter into the...
  6. Free VPN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free VPN!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,There is no free vpn for Windows. Hotspot shield, protonVPN, Avast secureline and more... vpns are said to be free in internet but when I install it, some have 7 days trial and some needs subscription. I want completely free VPN for Windows. Help!...
  7. Free VPN!

Free VPN!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,There is no free vpn for Windows. Hotspot shield, protonVPN, Avast secureline and more... vpns are said to be free in internet but when I install it, some have 7 days trial and some needs subscription. I want completely free VPN for Windows. Help!...
  8. Free VPN!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. VPN CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CLIENT: Since i install WINDOWS 10 20H2 my VPN CLIENT avaya is working bad. It was working OK on WINDOWS 10 1909. I can open my connexion but after fee seconds i receive a message "VPN tunnel is disconnected de to physical link lost". Can you help please ?...
  10. trouble connecting to a vpn client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble connecting to a vpn client: hi i have pc1 connected to server1 via vpn using remote access. After connecting to the network, pc1 is able to remote desktop to pc 2. I am trying to use pc2 to remote desktop pc1 after pc1 establish the vpn connection but pc2 is not able to ping pc1 at all. Why does...