Windows 10: Best Long-Range USB Wi-Fi Adaptor for Windows 10 x64?

Discus and support Best Long-Range USB Wi-Fi Adaptor for Windows 10 x64? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Further to this thread: Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked? I have now tried the following Alfa adaptors, using drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nigelmercier, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Best Long-Range USB Wi-Fi Adaptor for Windows 10 x64?

Further to this thread: Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

I have now tried the following Alfa adaptors, using drivers from Alfa Windows 10 Blog, but no success:
    AWUS036H
    AWUS036NH A
    WUS036NHR V2
    AWUS036NHA
    I thought the AWUS036NHA would be the most promising because it uses native Windows 10 drivers, but it is still very flaky; it keeps vanishing from Device Manager, or saying it “cannot start” (Code 10). It also fails to work on the end of a 5m active USB lead, I just keep getting the USB connected/disconnected sounds every second.

Can someone recommend a long-range USB Wi-Fi Adaptor that just works?

:)

nigelmercier, Nov 22, 2015

2. Can N82 be used as wifi adapter?

No nokia phone can be used as a wi-fi adaptor for a PC.

The phone can act as a wi-fi access point but your PC will need to have wireless for this.

What you need to buy for your PC is a USB wi-fi adaptor. They don't cost much at all now (less than £10 in the UK). This will allow it to connect to wi-fi routers.

psychomania---01, Nov 22, 2015
  3. very poor / No Uploads since upgrading to Windows 10

today I disabled the Surface Pro wi-fi adaptor and plugged in a cheap USB Wi-Fi adaptor.

working perfectly now.

I guess that means there is a problem with the driver for the surface pro wifi adaptor??

TonyYoung_aus, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Best Long-Range USB Wi-Fi Adaptor for Windows 10 x64?

nigelmercier, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Best Long-Range USB Wi-Fi Adaptor for Windows 10 x64?

1. Best Long-Range USB Wi-Fi Adaptor for Windows 10 x64? - Similar Threads - Best Long Range

2. Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore: I had some problems connecting to a new network, so I tried reseting the network adaptors. However, after that my Wi-Fi does not work anymore, the button for Wi-Fi I don't know how it's called i'm sorry disappeared.When I troubleshoot it, it was described as - "problem with...
  3. Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore: I had some problems connecting to a new network, so I tried reseting the network adaptors. However, after that my Wi-Fi does not work anymore, the button for Wi-Fi I don't know how it's called i'm sorry disappeared.When I troubleshoot it, it was described as - "problem with...
  4. Best wi-fi settings for gaming?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best wi-fi settings for gaming?: I am going to try to optimize my wi-fi settings for gaming. I don't have the possibility to use a cable, so i will have to try to make the best of it. I have this networks card. If someone has some expertise about these settings, please post it in this thread, thanks....
  5. Laptop WI-FI range reduced

Laptop WI-FI range reduced: I have a DELL Inspiron 5547, before updating it's OS I used to be able to conect to the internet from anywhere in my house my router is currently instaled at my living room, however now, after instaling the latest Windows patch, I can only conect to the internet if my...
  6. Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available"

Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available": Hi, I am currently having to be on another computer as my internet access keeps stopping on my desktop. I troubleshoot and it brings up "reset the wi-fi adaptor" and then lists that the default gateway is not available. I spent approximately 2 hours last night trying to...
  7. My WI-FI adaptor does not work

My WI-FI adaptor does not work: My WI-FI adaptor in Asus ZenBook 14 does not work and it is shown as idle in device manager. I tried to solve this problem even by reinstalling the windows without help. Regards, Ali...
  8. Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10

Wi-Fi range issues when connected to a laptop - Windows 10: Hey There! I own a Sony Vaio SVE14A16FN, I am experiencing issues regarding WiFi. My router is 3-4 metres away from me and when I am sitting on my couch all my devices except this laptop shows Very Good network range while the laptop can't connect to WiFi due to lack of...
  9. Wi-Fi range issues

Wi-Fi range issues: I have to sit next to my router, otherwise, the speed gets throttled to like 1 KBPS. I have even tried a lot of troubleshooting methods but never had a bit of progress. All of the driver cards are also up-to-date....
  10. How extend range of wi-fi

How extend range of wi-fi: I'd like to know what the options are to extend my wi-fi signal range. I have extra routers if that help and I'm hoping to not spend a lot of money. Thank you. 98411